Help me understand RCCL Visa points?

Mariketa

If I book a cruise through a TA, can I still redeem my RCCL points and apply them to the cost of my cruise and OBC? Would I just book through the TA and then redeem the points on line in my RC reservation? This is water under the bridge for me now because I thought I had to book through RC, but I'd like to know for future reference.

Thank you!

If I book a cruise through a TA, can I still redeem my RCCL points and apply them to the cost of my cruise and OBC? Would I just book through the TA and then redeem the points on line in my RC reservation? This is water under the bridge for me now because I thought I had to book through RC, but I'd like to know for future reference.

Thank you!

I don't think it matters whether you book through a TA or not. Until recently you called BOA to obtain a certificate which you then sent to RCI along with your booking # to have the credit applied. I understand now that have automated the process to a point where mailing is not necessary and you can do everything on line.

I have never redeemed our points for a free cruise or companion fare. Only OBC.

Thank you!

Just got the following in my most recent RCCL Visa card statement re: Instant Rewards Redemption:

1. After you reserve your cruise vacation, simply visit RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline to view...options available to you and click to make your choice.

2. Redemption is instant and you'll immediately receive an e-mail confirmation.

3. Give your e-mail confirmation to your travel agent or call Royal Caribbean to apply your Reward Redemption to your cruise vacation, or if you prefer to redeem by phone, call 888-305-4626.

Hope this is helpful.

I had a VISA certificate for a free four night cruise booked with RCCL. My TA did not want me to transfer the booking to her. I was sort of surprised. It was one leg of a B2B and apparently since I booked one with RCCL and one with a TA they cannot be linked

I have used a TA and VISA certificates for On-board credit with NO problem.

M

Thanks very much for all of the input. So I guess the best thing to do would be to book the cruise through a TA and use the points for OBC. I'm sure that's what I'll do in the future, this time I had enough for $1100 worth of perks and I don't think I could spend all of that in OBC. It was an anomaly though, I doubt I'll ever get that much at one time saved up again, lol.

Thanks very much for all of the input. So I guess the best thing to do would be to book the cruise through a TA and use the points for OBC. I'm sure that's what I'll do in the future, this time I had enough for $1100 worth of perks and I don't think I could spend all of that in OBC. It was an anomaly though, I doubt I'll ever get that much at one time saved up again, lol.

You have 5 yrs. to save up the points. We prefer to use the 125,000 pts. for a free 7 nt. cruise and just upgrade from the outside to the balcony we want. We always book directly through RCCL when doing this, mainly to keep control of the booking. Sounds like you have 110,000 pts., I would hang in there for the free cruise.

Just got the following in my most recent RCCL Visa card statement re: Instant Rewards Redemption:

1. After you reserve your cruise vacation, simply visit RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline to view...options available to you and click to make your choice.

2. Redemption is instant and you'll immediately receive an e-mail confirmation.

3. Give your e-mail confirmation to your travel agent or call Royal Caribbean to apply your Reward Redemption to your cruise vacation, or if you prefer to redeem by phone, call 888-305-4626.

Hope this is helpful.

I just went on-line and ordered my OBC from my points. I got the confirmation e-mail of my "purchase." When I did this I had to list my ship and sail date. Do I still need to call to apply it to my sailing? Confused... I booked on the phone through Royal Caribbean, not a TA. Thanks!

I just went on-line and ordered my OBC from my points. I got the confirmation e-mail of my "purchase." When I did this I had to list my ship and sail date. Do I still need to call to apply it to my sailing? Confused... I booked on the phone through Royal Caribbean, not a TA. Thanks!

I think when I called to find out how to post the points on line, the person told me to put my cruise number in the notes, the booking number that is. I would probably call, just to be on the safe side, unless there was someplace when you redeemed the points that specifically referenced your booking number?

Archived