Kon-Tiki Party Boat

rharvey999

We just received word that the Kon-Tiki party boat is now back in business. We had noticed this excursion posted on the man Royal Caribbean site but it had not appeared on our cruise. Low and behold it popped up yesterday.

We did this excursion a few years ago and had a good time. Considering the relative low cost $49 we decided to try her again.

Hey guys!

Hot Head from Delaware here! On the Nov. 18th Silhouette cruise out of Bayonne and doing the Challenge again! Been in touch with a few from last years EOS cruise. Jim Rose who won the ornament and Jen Porsche & family - She had another girl in July!

Have a good time!

And I will be watching for responses regarding the Ron Tiki. Also walked the plank years ago!

Steve

For those who are interested. Kon Tiki is back in operation and taking reservations though the local cruise ship companies... well, at least through RCI. I know cuz we booked them... thanks, rharvey999.:D

For those who are interested. Kon Tiki is back in operation and taking reservations though the local cruise ship companies... well, at least through RCI. I know cuz we booked them... thanks, rharvey999.:D

We'll post our review of the new and improved Kon Tiki Party boat upon our return. Now y'all have something to look forward to.

Well it's too bad for such short notice, because we're leaving for our cruise in less than three days! Does anyone know when they are starting their service again, or do you know how I can contact them in a short period of time? Princess hasn't yet created an offering in St Thomas for this excursion, but my group is DYING to take this excursion!

If you have any specific info and can contact me at alicia.stetzer@gmail.com, I will be forever grateful! :D

Well it's too bad for such short notice, because we're leaving for our cruise in less than three days! Does anyone know when they are starting their service again, or do you know how I can contact them in a short period of time? Princess hasn't yet created an offering in St Thomas for this excursion, but my group is DYING to take this excursion!

If you have any specific info and can contact me at alicia.stetzer@gmail.com, I will be forever grateful! :D

You can try and call them and see what might be available.

http://cruiseshipexcursions.com/KON-TIKI.html

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious if you were able to get on with such short notice. If yes, how did it go?

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I just came back from a cruise on the Allure of the Seas and finally did the Kon Tiki. We have been there many times but normally opt for a sailing trip. This time we were glad we tried something new. The Kon Tiki was Great! There was a lot of room on the boat and it was very clean. The drinks were delicious and they had a live steel band that played fun local music. The first part of the tour was very informative and gave some great history about St. Thomas and surrounding islands.

There were not many fish to see in the glass bottom tanks but the reef was interesting. The beach we visited was absolutely amazing. I think it was called "Honeymooners Beach" on water island. The boat pulled right up to it so that you only had to get your ankles wet.

On the way back the young crew danced and did the conga line and limbo. They tried their best to get everyone involved and it was a blast. It was a great way to spend the day in St. Thomas. Historical Harbor Cruise, Glass bottom reef viewing, Beach, and Party all in one tour! Kon Tiki gets two thumbs up from this cruiser.

My husband and I just came back from a cruise on the Allure of the Seas and finally did the Kon Tiki. We have been there many times but normally opt for a sailing trip. This time we were glad we tried something new. The Kon Tiki was Great! There was a lot of room on the boat and it was very clean. The drinks were delicious and they had a live steel band that played fun local music. The first part of the tour was very informative and gave some great history about St. Thomas and surrounding islands.

There were not many fish to see in the glass bottom tanks but the reef was interesting. The beach we visited was absolutely amazing. I think it was called "Honeymooners Beach" on water island. The boat pulled right up to it so that you only had to get your ankles wet.

On the way back the young crew danced and did the conga line and limbo. They tried their best to get everyone involved and it was a blast. It was a great way to spend the day in St. Thomas. Historical Harbor Cruise, Glass bottom reef viewing, Beach, and Party all in one tour! Kon Tiki gets two thumbs up from this cruiser.

So, could you tell us the average age of the guests? Young crowd? Were there a lot of drunk people? (my husband does not like being around a lot of amateurs! :D)

What a great review. It sounds like a lot of fun. Would you recommend going on there with a 5 year old or is it more for adults?

Thanks.

Absolutely! There were a few young childeren on board and they joined in all the fun dancing and Limbo activities. They no longer give away free rum punch but now have a full pay bar. There is free fruit punch provided. I guess it cuts down on the rowdy crowd. However that being said everyone still had plenty to drink and a lot of fun.

The guests ages were anywhere from 30 - 60 years old. Everyone seemed to enjoy the tour so I would recommend it for all ages and families. It was really great that you could walk right off the boat onto the beach. I would think that feature would attract elderly people and families with small children who wouldn't want swim 50 yards to the beach.

Hope this answers your question.

So, could you tell us the average age of the guests? Young crowd? Were there a lot of drunk people? (my husband does not like being around a lot of amateurs! :D)

Please see my response to Baglemom6

The Kon Tiki apparently just started back up so it is not as packed as what it used to be. No one seemed "drunk" everyone was just "happy." So to answer your question. NO there were not a lot of drunks if any.

Please see my response to Baglemom6

The Kon Tiki apparently just started back up so it is not as packed as what it used to be. No one seemed "drunk" everyone was just "happy." So to answer your question. NO there were not a lot of drunks if any.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

We just got home from a wonderful cruise through the Caribbean last week, and we had an absolutely wonderful time on the Kon Tiki Party Barge! The kids loved it, we loved it! Something for everyone. The glass bottoms over the reef was great, the beach we parked at was beautiful and the party onboard was SUPER FUN! The kids loved the limbo, and my husband and I loved the Conga line dance! We will go back in the Kon Tiki EVERYTIME we go back to St. Thomas! The price was the best part! Huge deal!

What a great review. It sounds like a lot of fun. Would you recommend going on there with a 5 year old or is it more for adults?

Thanks.

We went on with 4 adults, we all had a blast, and 6 kids from 3-17, everyone, especially the little guys had a blast! And very few drunk people. I think most of the younger drinking crowd stayed on the upper deck in the sun. There were no issues, just FUN!

On our Nov cruise on the Noordam the Kon-Tiki was offered as an excursion.

$49 per adult -- $29 per child.

Even though we did not go on the Kon-Tiki -- the shore excursion listed that food and drink were available for purchase. Nothing was free.

When we went on the Kon Tiki a few weeks ago, it was free Tropical Punch, and we bought $2 rum shots and put it in the punch. Cheap drinks! However the Pain Killers were really really good! Worth the cost and delicious! Thats what I ended up drinking for most of the cruise. The fun we had was the best part! Will never forget the Kon Tiki, and will go back on every time we go to St. Thomas! It was amazing!

• 1 month later...

2146479610102750642S500x500Q85.jpg

The band

2519590730102750642MhJiAX_th.jpg

Island you stop at

2426324410102750642Kzxhhf_th.jpg

Line Dance:

2323928910102750642LlpHEC_th.jpg

Limbo

2137693450102750642tfpAnp_th.jpg

The boat as seen from the Explorer

2800235190102750642qsDGxy_th.jpg

I think if you touch the picture you'll go to my WebShots page with the rest of the photos and the photos of this trip in general.