Southern Caribbean Cruisers

printingchick

Before this thread gets moved to the port of call boards, can anyone share with me their experience visiting Guadeloupe? There isn't even a board for this island on the port of call boards and very few comments where references can be found in the "Caribbean: Other" section. The ship (RCL Brilliance) offers few excursions here and I'm struggling to find private tours/excursions. I know the currency here is Euros and I have read that it's difficult to navigate the island if you do not speak French. Those things concern me in terms of negotiating some sort of deal with a local cab driver. Suggestions? Shared experiences? Anyone??

I went to Guadaloupe in 1998 when we were on a carnival cruise. At the time, we were a pretty big group (I think maybe 12 adults and teens). We a taxi van that gave us a tour of the island and took us to see different places for a flat rate fee. I can't recall if the guide spoke English or Spanish, but it was not french! I am pretty sure taxi drivers will speak english, especially if they are ones looking for business at the port.

Before this thread gets moved to the port of call boards, can anyone share with me their experience visiting Guadeloupe? There isn't even a board for this island on the port of call boards and very few comments where references can be found in the "Caribbean: Other" section. The ship (RCL Brilliance) offers few excursions here and I'm struggling to find private tours/excursions. I know the currency here is Euros and I have read that it's difficult to navigate the island if you do not speak French. Those things concern me in terms of negotiating some sort of deal with a local cab driver. Suggestions? Shared experiences? Anyone??

Look under Guadeloupe 2013 I did a tour in 2008 and have a mini review and photos

Check the tripadvisor forum.

Archived