LIBERTY OF THE SEAS in Cape Liberty?

NYCRUISR

It's a false rumor that has been around since I joined Cruise Critic back in 2008. :rolleyes: Every year, this exact same rumor shows up here on CC, and every year, it turns out to be false when Royal releases new itineraries for the following year.

not that it's a rumor, RCCL officers have mentioned that a new ship is planned for cape liberty...but apparently no one told the deployment people in miami:eek::p

so i wouldn't call it a rumor necessarily....perhaps wishful thinking?? or, more accurately, misinformation...HAHAHA:D

It's a false rumor that has been around since I joined Cruise Critic back in 2008. :rolleyes: Every year, this exact same rumor shows up here on CC, and every year, it turns out to be false when Royal releases new itineraries for the following year.

Yep! Right at about the same time as "MONARCH IS LEAVING THE FLEET AT THE END OF THIS YEAR" that someone is "sure of since they have it from an official source" (the waiter in the Windjammer). LOL

well actually they (RCCL) didn't lie....they put the new Sillouhette from Celebrity up here year around. Now after seeing them move the Independence out of England for the winter in 2013 it really makes one wonder how they are going to fill....Liberty, Independence, Oasis, and Allure all out of Fort Lauderdale the same weeks. Heard this was going to happen when on the Oasis the 8th of October but thought it was hogwash. Sure enough it happened. Somehow the powers that be heard the cruisers about bringing ships back to the USA though I know there are so many that wish for a ship back to the west coast. it does show someone is reading and listening.

well actually they (RCCL) didn't lie....they put the new Sillouhette from Celebrity up here year around. Now after seeing them move the Independence out of England for the winter in 2013 it really makes one wonder how they are going to fill....Liberty, Independence, Oasis, and Allure all out of Fort Lauderdale the same weeks. Heard this was going to happen when on the Oasis the 8th of October but thought it was hogwash. Sure enough it happened. Somehow the powers that be heard the cruisers about bringing ships back to the USA though I know there are so many that wish for a ship back to the west coast. it does show someone is reading and listening.

The Silhouette is NOT here year round. Europe in the Summer and here in the winter.

They are only brinhing ships back to USA in the winter. For those of us who can only cruise during the summer, there is a severe lack of choices for the Caribbean. Europe is WAY too expensive during the summer. Same with Alaska. So they haven't really listened.

I'm more inclined to think that the first Project Sunshine ship will premiere in Cape Liberty along side or in place of the Explorer. It makes sense since a lot of the rumors and reports are that the ship is being designed for colder climates. Cape Liberty has also been seeing a lot of it's development projects progressing into later stages lately so this would be a great chance for RCCL to design and build a new terminal based on the one in Ft. Lauderdale to launch with a new ship. The plan for the whole area calls for a real terminal building and it has always been RCCL's plans to do that so why not get the job done with a new ship to match?

I'm more inclined to think that the first Project Sunshine ship will premiere in Cape Liberty along side or in place of the Explorer. It makes sense since a lot of the rumors and reports are that the ship is being designed for colder climates. Cape Liberty has also been seeing a lot of it's development projects progressing into later stages lately so this would be a great chance for RCCL to design and build a new terminal based on the one in Ft. Lauderdale to launch with a new ship. The plan for the whole area calls for a real terminal building and it has always been RCCL's plans to do that so why not get the job done with a new ship to match?

I suspect this as well. If I had to make an "educated guess" on what ship would one day replace Explorer I would say one of the new sunshine class ships. Let's face it, RCI probably won't have both sunshine ships sail year round from FLL to the Caribbean. They have Allure and Oasis doing that and due to the Oasis/Allure's size they seem to be committed to south Florida and the Caribbean route. Also, NCL announced that they would homeport their new NCL Breakaway from NYC. So I would say that RCI would want to have a competative advantage over NCL in this market. But of course this is an educated guess based on certain factors currently in place. No decisions have been made that the public knows about.

Archived