Jade -cabins now showing as G'tee!

*Libby*

Hi all, I've recently booked and paid a deposit on a 1F cabin on the Jade for Sept 2012 through my local TA, and was allocated a cabin number on Deck 4 (4551) I was offered Deck 5 but decided against it due to Deck 6 being a bit of a thoroughfare, and the cabin we picked had cabins above and either side. Now I've just noticed that if I do a dummy booking (do this often to keep an eye on the price) these cabins are coming up as G'tee and will be allocated on arrival at the port!

Can any of you experts out there please advise whether or not this has any bearing on my booking at all. I'm possibly hoping to upgrade our cabin, depending on cost, before final payment next June.

Thank you :)

Hi all, I've recently booked and paid a deposit on a 1F cabin on the Jade for Sept 2012 through my local TA, and was allocated a cabin number on Deck 4 (4551) I was offered Deck 5 but decided against it due to Deck 6 being a bit of a thoroughfare, and the cabin we picked had cabins above and either side. Now I've just noticed that if I do a dummy booking (do this often to keep an eye on the price) these cabins are coming up as G'tee and will be allocated on arrival at the port!

Can any of you experts out there please advise whether or not this has any bearing on my booking at all. I'm possibly hoping to upgrade our cabin, depending on cost, before final payment next June.

Thank you :)

Your message is a little unclear to me. Are you saying that YOUR cabin (4551) that you have a written, confirmed reservation for still shows up as available on the NCL website? NCL's site doesn't associate specific cabins as Guarantee cabins in advance during the pre-booking process as far as I'm aware. A cabin MAY be assigned to you when you book a category guarantee, but you don't pick the cabin as far as I'm aware.

I think the OP is saying that they have a cabin assigned, but that now the category they are in is being shown as a guarantee.

What this probably means is that all the cabins in that particular category are sold out. The cruise line is continuing to sell cabins at that rate for that category as guarantees.

To the OP, as you booked a specific cabin, NCL will not (at least not as a rule) move you to a different cabin or level unless you call and request it or have the "upsell" fairy call you. If you are watching for price drops, as long as your category is still showing you can use that as a guide to see if your fares have changed.

Sorry, no I didn't make myself 100% clear, which is what I get for posting in a hurry!

Goldmom, thank you - you've answered my question. We have indeed booked a specific cabin & I was using the cabin next door (4553) which had been showing as still available, for my dummy booking. Now all the 1F cabins on Deck 4 are showing as guarantee. I was beginning to wonder if we'd be down there all on our own, so it's quite encouraging to be told you think this is because all these cabins are sold out!

Thank you both for your replies.

Thanks Goldmom, I sure will - I've got a whole 11 months to get excited :D

Can I just ask a quick question regarding g'tee cabins - as I said, I booked a specific cabin on Deck 4 and now the open cabins are showing as g'tee - does that mean I was maybe a bit quick booking a specific cabin? Or would I have been better booking a g'tee? That said, I'm happy enough with the cabin I booked - just curious as am not sure how all this works seeing as this is only our 2nd cruise - and counting ;)

Thanks for all your expert help.

UK bookings don't get the last minute upsell offers unless the policy has changed.

Also NCL UK have not been keen on offering decent upgrade deals if prices drop a lot you might be able to move up.

All the insides are small so location is important if happy where you are only move to smething better, GTY would not really give much better.

Prices look high,, the Nov trips this year are down to under £400 for 10/1 nights

Thanks for that, that makes sense to me now :) On our 1st cruise in May this year we were hardly in our cabin which is why we plumped for another inside - although we went slightly more midship this time. I booked my cruise through my local TA and he matched the price I found on a major internet booking site - which was quite a bit less than on NCL UK, so the price would have to come down quite a bit before we'd be able to move up. Will just keep an eye on the price over the next 11 months I have to wait & check prices with my TA before final payment! Is it next September yet? :)

Thanks everyone for your help - this site is just fantastic!

Archived