Important to know

Newleno

Well our first 6 cruises were on NCL, each were fine but there were some issues and NCL did not seem to care about solving them.

Even though we liked the freestyle concept, we heard other cruiselines now offer similar dining options. Since our issues were never resolved we decided to give someone else a try to win our business. Our last 3 cruises were on Celebrity, Royal Carribbean, and our latest panama canal cruise on Holland America.

We found that NCL actually ranked 4th out of the cruiselines we have sailed on.

Please dont marry your cruiseline, try to find the best over all value, I am not saying we will not sail NCL again if the price is right, but NCL will be our last option.

We have also sailed on those other lines. Each line has something we like but they also have something we don't like. So we choose our cruises by itinerary and price with the choice of cruise line and/or ship coming third.

I still don't understand the purpose of OP's post. Wouldn't it have been a better use of internet time to go on the board of the cruiseline you do like and tell everyone there how much you like it instead of coming here and telling the folks that like NCL how much you don't like it.

I still don't understand the purpose of OP's post. Wouldn't it have been a better use of internet time to go on the board of the cruiseline you do like and tell everyone there how much you like it instead of coming here and telling the folks that like NCL how much you don't like it.

What you stated never occured. Many times on these boards I find people making statements that never happened. They tend to read what they want to read then respond based upon their own mental assumptions based on prejudice.

We have also sailed on those other lines. Each line has something we like but they also have something we don't like. So we choose our cruises by itinerary and price with the choice of cruise line and/or ship coming third.

touche'

What you stated never occured. Many times on these boards I find people making statements that never happened. They tend to read what they want to read then respond based upon their own mental assumptions based on prejudice.

No you didn't come right out and say what you didn't like you merely hinted at issues that weren't resolved to your liking. Provide the details so we don't have to assume. I personally think that NCL is the best value for my money.

No you didn't come right out and say what you didn't like you merely hinted at issues that weren't resolved to your liking. Provide the details so we don't have to assume. I personally think that NCL is the best value for my money.

See, the minor issues we had are not relevant to the final outcome. However it was because of the minor issues that we explored other options. After sailing 3 other cruiselines, we discovered that NCL ranks fourth. Again our first 6 cruises were on NCL.

This post is just to let the normal regular cruisers know that it is dangerous to marry a cruiseline. It makes more sense to go for the best deal based on your destination. On a scale of 1 - 10 NCL ranks a 5-6 based on the cruislines we traveled, not bad.

We initially thought NCL was incredible because our first cruise with them was the 7 day Hawaii cruise, we now realize that the cruise was so great because of the destination.

See, the minor issues we had are not relevant to the final outcome. However it was because of the minor issues that we explored other options. After sailing 3 other cruiselines, we discovered that NCL ranks fourth. Again our first 6 cruises were on NCL.

This post is just to let the normal regular cruisers know that it is dangerous to marry a cruiseline. It makes more sense to go for the best deal based on your destination. On a scale of 1 - 10 NCL ranks a 5-6 based on the cruislines we traveled, not bad.

We initially thought NCL was incredible because our first cruise with them was the 7 day Hawaii cruise, we now realize that the cruise was so great because of the destination.

Oh I get it now. Okay. I'm off to the RCI board to let them know they're #4, then onto the CCL board to inform them that they are #3, and Princess for #2. But wait, Princess was Tahiti to Hawaii, that was an amazing destination. Maybe they are really 3rd or 4th and Bora Bora upped their rating.... See I thought this place was for sharing information about cruising, guess I was wrong.

And I have never cruised Celebrity because of all the repeated noro problems on the Mercury when it was here in Charleston...even though my personal prejudice has no bearing whatsoever on anyone else's enjoyment of that cruiseline....

When I was on my first Carnival cruise I was 18 years old and loved it, mostly because I was on my senior trip. Later on NCL I was bored and wanted back on Carnival. Well, my Carnival cruise many years later was boring as well, probably because I had no idea what was available on board. I honestly do not remember ever looking at a Daily.

Then I went on the Epic. OMG it was awesome for me! So now I will be trying the Sun, the smallest in NCL's fleet, as an experiment to see if it was the ship or the line.

I also think that joining CC and attending the M&G made a big difference. Knowledge is power, lol!

Whatever, I ramble.

It's all good....

Well our first 6 cruises were on NCL, each were fine but there were some issues and NCL did not seem to care about solving them.

Even though we liked the freestyle concept, we heard other cruiselines now offer similar dining options. Since our issues were never resolved we decided to give someone else a try to win our business. Our last 3 cruises were on Celebrity, Royal Carribbean, and our latest panama canal cruise on Holland America.

We found that NCL actually ranked 4th out of the cruiselines we have sailed on.

Please dont marry your cruiseline, try to find the best over all value, I am not saying we will not sail NCL again if the price is right, but NCL will be our last option.

I am not quite sure what your point is other than to tell us, in your opinion, and that is all it is, NCL isn't as good as other lines. Well I would have to disagree:

Does NCL have problems or things that could be better? Sure and so do all lines. We just sailed another line (we do about once a year or so) and found lots of things we liked better about NCL than the line we were on: we found lots of things we liked better about the line we sailed than we do about NCL. Each line has good and bad. I would guess you have only cruised the other 3 once. After 6 times on each of them I am sure you will find negatives and many will not be solved to your satisfaction.

Nita

I call myself an "Equal Opportunity Cruiser" ;) I like to try them all and the ones I like, I keep coming back to. The ones I don't like, I give them another shot and see if it was just a fluke for the ship/itinerary.

As Nita said, they all have pluses/minuses. But going to the cruise line's fan board and telling their "fans" that cruising the same line is "dangerous" - yeahhhh doesn't make much sense.

We are all adults. We can all make educated decisions about where we cruise and on what lines. And you won't see me heading to the DisBoards and telling them that I think Mickey sucks. :p

And after approximately seventy cruises and forty on NCL, NCL ranks first. Who made you the expert, or is your desire to disparage NCL overcoming your common sense ??

WHY do people take these things so seriously? Almost personally...If you love NCL, that's wonderful...enjoy. If you don't and wish to tell others, fine, speak your mind, find another cruiseline and move on. Everyone's needs are different, just like everyone's opinions will also differ.

Archived