Hand-held steamer?

CanadianTwosome

So... I know that irons are a no-no, but what about a hand-held steamer? It's like a little kettle with a wide mouth and a brush attachment, if you haven't seen one before. It has no hot surfaces on the outside. I'm thinking that if they have coffee makers, this should be okay, but I don't want to pack it and have it confiscated...

Any input is greatly appreciated!! I haven't quite left it to the last minute... I don't leave the house until about 3:30am... :p

So... I know that irons are a no-no, but what about a hand-held steamer? It's like a little kettle with a wide mouth and a brush attachment, if you haven't seen one before. It has no hot surfaces on the outside. I'm thinking that if they have coffee makers, this should be okay, but I don't want to pack it and have it confiscated...

Any input is greatly appreciated!! I haven't quite left it to the last minute... I don't leave the house until about 3:30am... :p

Nope it's a no-no~~

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only)

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Electrical and household appliances (i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc.)

• Candles

• Heating Pads

• Incense

i asked this question a while back and was told...NO:mad: I have cute one i purchased from HSN..that would have been peeeeeeeeeeeeerfect.:D

I was not a happy camper.lol...it's on the Carnival Website...somewhere..let me search for it.

EDIT: i see someone already posted it. :D

Kristy

Nope it's a no-no~~

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only)

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Electrical and household appliances (i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc.)

• Candles

• Heating Pads

• Incense

Well then, I guess they were ok a few years ago?

I took my travel steamer I bought from HSN on our cruise in 2010. Mine wasn't confiscated and worked great.

i asked this question a while back and was told...NO:mad: I have cute one i purchased from HSN..that would have been peeeeeeeeeeeeerfect.:D

I was not a happy camper.lol...it's on the Carnival Website...somewhere..let me search for it.

EDIT: i see someone already posted it. :D

Kristy

I think it's the luck of the draw, you may or may not get it onboard with you.

I am one that doesn't like to take things I don't need.

Automatic steamer= take the wrinkled item and hang it in the bathroom, take a hot shower, if you need to while it's still steamy run your hand over fabric to press out wrinkles.

It works like a charm everytime we cruise!!! And I don't lose appliances that are confiscated by employees doing their jobs.

Cheers, Carole

I took my travel steamer I bought from HSN on our cruise in 2010. Mine wasn't confiscated and worked great.

Rules have changed since 2010.

Pack your clothes in layers using dry cleaner bags- I use kitchen can liners. they work just as good.

Cruised at the end of September and had no problems. My friend brought her hand held steamer that looks like an iron and it made it through. She even had a note in her bag saying they had checked it, but everything was fine.

It used to be OK to bring steamers but that has changed. We had one confiscated sometime in the last year and now we don't bring it. We just wish the laundry had steamers to use instead of the iron but we will live without it.

I brought my small steamer on the Conquest in JUly and was shocked that it was confiscated. I've taken it on over 25 cruises on other cruise lines and have never had it taken. It was in my checked luggage. I had to to to the " naughty room" to pick up the bag and inside was a note that the steamer was confiscated and I woud get it bag on disembarkation morning.

• 2 months later...
It used to be OK to bring steamers but that has changed. We had one confiscated sometime in the last year and now we don't bring it. We just wish the laundry had steamers to use instead of the iron but we will live without it.

We took our steamer twice in 2008, it was ok then, carnival must have decided they wanted the extra $$ for doing the steaming for you...

To those who have used the Downy Wrinkle Releaser, have you used it on all kinds of fabric? In particular, have you ever used it on a shiny fabric? Thanks again!

Do not use it on silks!

when spraying your clothes, turn clothes inside out and spray the inside, (Some fabrics it will leave a shiny residue but only seen in photos.)

don't forget to do allergy test on your fabric to skin :)

I've not plugged in the iron since they came out with this little bottle of magic :)

Archived