Consierge Service

DBI0530

Unfortulatley in AF Cat one Butler Service is not available - only for actual suites as oppossed to the minis. However, go to the cruise club meeting. Introduce your self to the Hotel DIrector (Or if you see him around the ship - four gold bars). He will most likley give you his card and say call me for anything. Write a personal note and hand it to the reception desk - it will be delivered.

Cause if there was BUTLER SERVICE in OUR AF CABIN I would have smooched him up something terrible. That is what I need a butler. ;) On our Bermuda cruise (I have to stay focused and dream on this Jett) we are only staying in an oceanview cabin (its cold in November anyway) for 4 that is 180 square feet but Jeannie tells me it is "configured well and will be like girl's camp." (She got a fabulous deal for us as it is the end of the season). (Alhought I have this fantasy that Jeannie at the last minute will deceide she needs an upgrade and well will be in a Junior Suite (suppossedly than NCL's AF). ;) ;) ;)

She says the AF Mini Suite on the Dawn was not configured well and I certainily agree (not much space to move around in and no closets and what was it with that bathroom maginfying mirror).

room steward is housekeeping. the butler is this plus much much more. food & beverage, your messenger, your guide, your inroom comedian, your children's best friend, there for your everyneed and cruising is just not the same without him/her.

tips - depends on the relationship you build by cruise end. I have heard of some butlers receiving $200 plus per 7 day cruise.

[quote name='zachnlucy']Don't the mini suites come with a butler also? We just paid for an upgrade to an AF, and I read that it included concierge and butler service. What the heck does a butler do that would be different from a room steward?

Cindy

Sun to Alaska!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;5;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

02/03 ~~ Holiday
07/03 ~~ Conquest[/QUOTE]

Hi Shoreguy et al,
We'll be leaving next sunday on the Dawn, and someone above in this very interesting thread said that the suites and up have special seating at shows??
Now thats some snobbery I'd be looking forward to! Hadn't heard that before.
Is this accomplished by the concierge?? Here's a side question for anyone who will answer -- Would you rather cruise in higher category or more often, with the same cost, ie, more often lower category, less often, higher category. I had a fine time in a regular stateroom, going AB penthouse this time. I guess I'll know the answer at the end of this trip!

Be happy, everybody.

I'm taking my Mom on this cruise and we've been excited and happy anticipating this. Then she decided to go to DR. to check out some nagging chest pains, (I told her to go before we left) DR. says she will need angioplasty and a stent immediately upon our return. Kinda put a damper on things.

Christal,

You made me laugh with the comment about the mirror. That was pretty scary. I wonder why they felt it was necessary to include that. Was it a suite perk? As if we need to be reminded on vacation of imperfections and wrinkles. I am so jealous that you are getting to go on a girls only cruise. I looked at the prices for that week and they are pretty good. I am trying to convince some of my friends to go. So far no one is selfish enough but me to leave their kids behind.

Your Welcome Morty's Momma!

Jeanette: It's only for 5 days - so it would be somewhat less selfish - you deserve a break. Remember how you needed to win that Spa Pakage in the Lattitueds get together. You need this cruise!!

I took one look at that mirror the fist time on the Dawn and was horrified to see my wrinkles and have avoided it ever since. What were they thinking? I think is is a "Suite Perk."

One other thing about the concierge and butler. Alot of responses are about how guests never use the them. If you are in a cabin that has them, use them, that is what they are there for. Even if you never due use their services, you should still tip them at the end of the cruise. Some may say that I am crazy, but that is their job and they rely heavily on the tips they receive from the suite passengers. You booked a cabin with these services and it is your responsibility to tip these people. Unfortunately if someone wanted just a larger cabin the other services go along with it and so do the tips.

Skeeter: I think it was sad that Ruth the Dawn Conceirge needed to include in her VIP Disembarkation form letter that if the services of a butler or concierge were utilized a tip was expected. Not that she wrote this but that she needed to because she was not being tipped adequately. I did not think that we left that big of a tip given there were 8 of us in three cabins she went out of her way for - she more than desereved it and called me to say how generous she thought it was and how it made her day.

Jeanne....I have a silly question...(I know, there are NO silly questions) but...

What would I 'SAY' in the note to the Hotel Director with the four bars? I would like to make my presence known to him for a variety of reasons which I've read about on here...but I don't want ot look TOO obvious. I know that by introducing ones self they tend to remember who you are...and I found they are wonderful with that..

What exactly are his duties related to us? What would I expect from him or any staff member that I contacted except the obvious concierge and butler?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give me. I think I'm going to order personalized stationary for that and just to have on hand.

Safe cruising everyone.

[quote name='mortysmama']Jeanne....I have a silly question...(I know, there are NO silly questions) but...

What would I 'SAY' in the note to the Hotel Director with the four bars? I would like to make my presence known to him for a variety of reasons which I've read about on here...but I don't want ot look TOO obvious. I know that by introducing ones self they tend to remember who you are...and I found they are wonderful with that..

What exactly are his duties related to us? What would I expect from him or any staff member that I contacted except the obvious concierge and butler?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give me. I think I'm going to order personalized stationary for that and just to have on hand.

Safe cruising everyone.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a good place to start is thank you for attending our CC gathering. :)

I would start by going to the CC meeting (since some do not make this meeting I had also posted that they could also approach any principcal they encounter as they are always willing to chat and be gracious).

I would introduce my self at the CC meeting and follow up with a personal note or if you feel shy speaking at the meeing, write a nice personal note thanking for the meeting and stating what a great time you are having so far. If you do have any needs or concerns you could address them at this time also.

It is not that they have any specific duties or responsibilities (someone like the Hotel Director) rather their goal is to make your cruise meet or exceed your expectations. It is really up to them what they might do to make your cruise a special experience - anything they do do for us I consider a bonus. But you have to make the first move and nothing impresses like a personal note.

The only silly question is the one you don't ask!

Jett

I think you should seriously consider going on the November 13 Voyager to Bermuda. The prices are right. Granted it is only a five day cruise but they give us from 7am till 5pm the nest day in Bermuda. The only kids on this boat will be preschool and younger.

Chris

I've been reading through this interesting thread. I don't think it has been mentioned that the AD Minisuites (aka Romance suites) do get butler service. None of the other mini-suite categories do (I don't think), but the ADs do.

I'm glad that rude icky poster is gone. May he stay gone! :(

[quote name='greenie']I've been reading through this interesting thread. I don't think it has been mentioned that the AD Minisuites (aka Romance suites) do get butler service. None of the other mini-suite categories do (I don't think), but the ADs do.

I'm glad that rude icky poster is gone. May he stay gone! :([/QUOTE]

AD is not a mini - AE and up get butler service

AF and AG are Minis with no butler :(

Hi Jeanette: It would be great if you went. Is only 5 days. Do you friends prefer really hot weather. It can get so humid in Bermuda so I actually enjoy temps in the low 70's and cooler nights. This ship seems to be a destination in itself. Have you ever been on RCCL?

Susean Jean - you may want to consider this short little cruise also! If only we can get Shore Guy interested.

[quote name='shoreguy']AD is not a mini - AE and up get butler service

AF and AG are Minis with no butler :([/QUOTE]

Oh, OK. Thanks, Shoreguy. Didn't realize that--Joe and I initially booked one on our recent Dawn cruise--I thought it was a minisuite that had the "extra" of butler service. That makes me still wonder why the heck it's called a Romance suite. What makes it different from the others? :confused:

[quote name='shoreguy']AD is not a mini - AE and up get butler service

AF and AG are Minis with no butler :([/QUOTE]

Shoreguy,

Are you talking about a particular ship? Because the description for the Sun AE's say Concierge, but no Butler...

JR

[quote name='jdr2alaska']Shoreguy,

Are you talking about a particular ship? Because the description for the Sun AE's say Concierge, but no Butler...

JR[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the Dawn/Star. The Sun AEs are the minis as well as the AFs aft. Sorry for the confusion

To Shoreguy, Mr Tractor, et al, You have made my day today. I got on this thread and read it all the way through. I am a TA and believe me, I have seen all types and behaviors. Some people just have no clue. Even other TA's can be snobs and worst. Fortunately, most of us are fun loving people like me, who don't have alot of money and would be glad to be in a 4a or 1s. Just for the cruise! I have booked my husband and I in a guarantee Cat H for our Alaska trip on the Spirit Sept 10. We got such a good rate(one any of my friends or clients would pay)that my parents and brother decided to go-their 4th Alaskan cruise. Well, Mom and Dad are celebrating their 53rd anniversary, so they decided to get a penthouse suite. We joke that we will wave to them across the lines as they go ahead of us. We plan on spending alot of time with them in their cabin and will reward the butler and concierge accordingly. What a hoot, my parents as snobs! Heck, my Dad will probably try help load the tenders or wait on tables! I can't wait for this cruise. I just wish SHoreguy and MrTractor and the rest of you were on it too! Maybe some day........Kristie:)

[quote name='greenie']Oh, OK. Thanks, Shoreguy. Didn't realize that--Joe and I initially booked one on our recent Dawn cruise--I thought it was a minisuite that had the "extra" of butler service. That makes me still wonder why the heck it's called a Romance suite. What makes it different from the others? :confused:[/QUOTE]

I will let you know. I have one for Feb.:D I would like to compare the RS to a penthouse that I was in in March, both aft. I know they are bigger then a mini.

[quote name='Jeanne S']Hi Jeanette: It would be great if you went. Is only 5 days. Do you friends prefer really hot weather. It can get so humid in Bermuda so I actually enjoy temps in the low 70's and cooler nights. This ship seems to be a destination in itself. Have you ever been on RCCL?

Susean Jean - you may want to consider this short little cruise also! If only we can get Shore Guy interested.[/QUOTE]

This is a hoot:D :D I can`t even begin to count how many "propositions" Shoreguy has had on this board.

Hey Jim, we will be calling you "The Don Juan of NCL":eek: :D

Archived