Signs for our door on the Magic.

borntoshop29

I have seen some great signs that are personalized that people print and put on thier door with magnets. My question is where do you get these signs? We are sailing on the Magic on Dec 3rd and my two boys 6 and 8 would love to put them on our door. Also my elderly mother and my sister will be next door to us and it would help my mom find the room easier.

Thank you!

I make my own.

You can find Disney clipart by searching - even ones that are cruise related. (Mickey in his captain uniform, etc)

Just be creative and put the info you want to share.

"The _________ family's first Disney Cruise" etc.

Once I print it, I take it to my local Office supply store and have them laminate it (about 99 cents) I have a roll of magnetic tape, and cut four small pieces for each corner to attach it to the door.

You could let each boy design one and put both on the door.

You're only limited by your imagination! :)

We print ours on cardstock and then just put peel-and-stick magnetic tape on the back - I don't bother to laminate any that are specifically related to the cruise we're doing because I won't re-use them, but for those like Mickey Ears that we will use over and over, I just got the peel and stick laminating sheets from Walmart and used those. FWIW, I have found card stock holds up pretty well both in and out of lamination - it makes it sturdier for transporting and for those odd times that they might be blown off the door (like when the balcony door is open and the cabin door is open - that suction can be pretty strong!

I got mine (and ideas for others) from several DIS boarders who make their designs available on photo bucket.

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen some great signs that are personalized that people print and put on thier door with magnets. My question is where do you get these signs? We are sailing on the Magic on Dec 3rd and my two boys 6 and 8 would love to put them on our door. Also my elderly mother and my sister will be next door to us and it would help my mom find the room easier.

Thank you!

Our group of Dream decorated and used the magnetic Ink Jet paper from Staples as well as the clip-art suggested, if you have a Staples and an ink jet printer :

s0113363_sc7?$thb$

Item 386943

Model 34747-CC

Compare

Staples® Inkjet Magnetic Sheets Customer Rating

8 1/2" x 11"

• Glossy finish
  • Turn ordinary pictures into colorful custom magnets

• ic016-pprltr.gifLetter Size (8.5" x 11") It runs $8.99

4/Pack For the Clip Art: http://disney-clipart.com/ Have fun and even have mom join in making the signs! You can also go to the various islands you are going to be seeing and their Tourist Board Office and down load clip are from those sources as well let me help you with one that has a "special" tourism office:http://www.visitcastawaycay.com/

What is the purpose of these signs...

greetings, birthdays, anniversaries, whatever?....

Are there a lot of them throughout the ship?

thanks

We did little magnets on our door because it looked festive AND it made it easier to locate our room. This time around I will probably do it because we are celebrating our anniversary and my son's birthday !

• 8 months later...

We are doing scrapbook-style pages for each day of the cruise (at sea pages, pirate page, port pages, a Thanksgiving page, and a Happy Birthday page). We store each page in a scrapbook page protector sleeve. We attach adhesive magnets on one of the sleeves, and then just place a new page into that sleeve on the door. That way we only have to use a small amount of magnet, save money by not having to laminate, and then we can also use those pages in a scrapbook when we get home, adding pages with pictures that coordinate with the pages we made!

Thank you!

Check out the Door Magnet thread on the disboards. The DISigners offer their designs and personalization for free! :D

When I design a cabin door sign, I leave an area blank so that we can leave or receive dry marker messages. Buy a dry maker and tie a string to it and leave it hanging from sign. OH, and laminate the sign so that you can write on it.

We were on a Mexican cruise during the 1980 World Series and the Purser's office provided up to date game scores. I designed a Score Board and up dated the scores daily. Received a lot of great comments! AND to our surprise, the cabin stewards left the most comments!

Imagination is the only Limitation!

Archived