Do you eat the grilled Tomato's

golfer1966

Do you eat the grilled tomato's  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat the grilled tomato's

Not sure of other ways,but we do grill them on the BBQ(along with most other veggies).......

To grill,you need the "grill" of course...if you cook it any other way,it wont be grilling....(could use a George Foreman kind of thing,I suppose..)

Actually we call them fried tomatoes as they are done in the frying pan usually in bacon drippings - not to be confused with deep fried as in French Fries. My local restuarant does them on the grill where they do the fried eggs.

I love them too but only eat them on a cruise...How exactly do you grill them..does it have to be on the BBQ :confused:

Easiest way indoors is with a grill pan - it's like a flat iron skillet with ridges in the surface. Preheat it on the stove burner, spray it with Pam (or our preference is to brush with olive oil) and put the tomato halves face down on it.

Yum.....

Actually we call them fried tomatoes as they are done in the frying pan usually in bacon drippings - not to be confused with deep fried as in French Fries. My local restuarant does them on the grill where they do the fried eggs.

The question was how can one GRILL them ,not other ways to cook them:)

I don't really eat them but most people in the UK put them under the grill. I think its what you call broiled.

The other UK breakfast item that I love is mushrooms, they don't very often have them on RCL unfortunately.

The question was how can one GRILL them ,not other ways to cook them:)

american and british cooking terms are completly different ,to grill anything in the uk means to put under a heat as you would with toast,so if you wanted bacon,sausage,tomatoes with less fat you would put it under the grill:)

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely adore them.:D We wonder why on some cruises they seem to be cut into 4 pieces (much nicer, and less waste) and just in half on others. On the Majesty, I believe one time, there were none :(

I see they are everywhere and on most meals in the MDR and other places too. I personally dont eat them and I see allot of them get tossed away. Maybe RCI could save a few bux if they deleted them. I hate to see wasted food.

They are not wasted, the returns are used in the tomato based sauces later.

Lol j/k :D

Archived