Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

We will be on Oasis and have 12327 and 12329. If I am looking at this correctly, it looks like BOTH cabins have the beds by the balcony. However, in 12327, we will have 3 people so the beds will be separated. Does anyone have any pictures of 12327 with 3 beds or know what that would look like??

12327 has the main bed by the closet, sofa bed by the balcony. 12329 has the main bed by the balcony. I believe that all B,C,D balcony staterooms on Oasis class with a sofa bed, have the sofa bed by the balcony.

12327 has the main bed by the closet, sofa bed by the balcony. 12329 has the main bed by the balcony. I believe that all B,C,D balcony staterooms on Oasis class with a sofa bed, have the sofa bed by the balcony.

Ok so, clearly, the picture drawings they offer (to see bed locations) is not accurate......

That's fine though, bed location will not make or break our vacation. It was more of a curiosity. Thanks for the clarification :):)

Ok so, clearly, the picture drawings they offer (to see bed locations) is not accurate......

That's fine though, bed location will not make or break our vacation. It was more of a curiosity. Thanks for the clarification :):)

True, the picture drawings are generic, not specific.

If my calculations are correct all three of these have the bed by the closet? Can one of the experts confirm that please:)

I concur, all beds near the closet.

How about 12707 on Oasis? Is the bed near balcony? Does this cabin have sofa bed? Where is it located? Thank you in advance! :)

The bed is by the balcony. It will have a small sofa by the closet but no sofa bed. Cabins that can accomodate more than two people have the bed by the closet and the sofa bed by the balcony.

Edited by Ocean Boy

How about 12707 on Oasis? Is the bed near balcony? Does this cabin have sofa bed? Where is it located? Thank you in advance! :)

Disregard.

Edited by clarea

• 1 month later...

I've got a feeler out right now to someone that has stayed in 12629 a few months back so as to get a answer for balc/bath placement of the bed.

If one was to go by the rule of thumb on this, the bed would be by the bath since it would be a 'left' in a set. But since it is a single AND next to non-cabin space, would it be build as a single. As by 'single' I mean would it be just a box and not have the 'jog' in the wall as a set would? Seems as odd to put an odd shaped cabin in a stand alone spot.

Having said that, and using what one might call 'logic', the walls separating the 'sets' would be flat as to accommodate them being put together. I understand the 'jog' within the sets, but are the walls separating the sets flat and would that have any impact on the stand-alone's such as 629 and 229's?

One reply at about page 21 had 229 being a 'balcony' placement since it would be a 'right' in a set on the port side. In theory, 629 would be a 'bath' placement being a 'left' in a set regardless of port or starboard.

Either that... or I'm over thinking this.

• 2 weeks later...
If my calculations are correct all three of these have the bed by the closet? Can one of the experts confirm that please:)

I concur, all beds near the closet.
We are sailing on the Harmony of the Seas in the 3 listed cabin numbers I posted above. I chose them based on the Oasis/Allure calculations of having the bed by the closet.

Has anyone looked at the Harmony's Deck plans to see if the Oasis/Allure cabin calculations will be/should be the same as far as where the bed is located?

We are sailing on the Harmony of the Seas in the 3 listed cabin numbers I posted above. I chose them based on the Oasis/Allure calculations of having the bed by the closet.

Has anyone looked at the Harmony's Deck plans to see if the Oasis/Allure cabin calculations will be/should be the same as far as where the bed is located?

I get those cabins as all having the bed by the closet on Harmony.

Can I ask why it matters where the beds are placed?
We prefer to sit on the sofa and look out the sliding glass balcony door; therefore we prefer the bed by the closet and the sofa by the balcony. Others prefer the bed by the balcony and the sofa by the closet giving them more room by the closet. It's just personal preference.

And we found that the bed by the closet made it hard for me, an early riser, to get stuff out of the closet without waking anyone up who was trying to sleep. I had to start getting my clothes out the night before.

hello all first post. I'm amazed by all the helpful info here. I'm going to be in cabin 12194. Is the cabin by the closet or the balcony. Thanks in advance

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 12194 has the bed by the balcony.

And we found that the bed by the closet made it hard for me, an early riser, to get stuff out of the closet without waking anyone up who was trying to sleep. I had to start getting my clothes out the night before.

Yeah I have cruised on Oasis 5 times now and Allure once and I can't stand the bed by the closet for this very reason...even when everyone is awake it's inconvenient as that person is using their bed to get dressed and you have to interrupt them to get your things out of the closet...:(

Can anyone tell me the bed/closet configuration for Oasis GS - 12660?

The GS bed config does not alternate like the balcony staterooms. It will be just like the photos on the website, or maybe the mirror image. Sorry, I've not seen any algorithm for determining mirror image.

I am always amazed by these treads about where the bed is. Obviously it is important to some based on the number of replies. The level of complexity of some of the answers is funny to read.

"If the bed is by the window this makes the line of sight for looking out the window challenging. In this configuration, I have to turn my head at a 37 degree angle to see the horizon in the distance when there is a full moon. Being that my head only turns 34.5 degrees, I need the bed to be by the bathroom (but not too far from the closet). This way I am well within my 34.5 degree range for window viewing and within reach of the closet when I want to grab my shoes."

I am being sarcastic, of course.

We factor a lot of things into cabin selection but bed location is not one of them. As long as the bed IS IN THE CABIN, we're good.

Peace!

I am always amazed by these treads about where the bed is. Obviously it is important to some based on the number of replies. The level of complexity of some of the answers is funny to read.

"If the bed is by the window this makes the line of sight for looking out the window challenging. In this configuration, I have to turn my head at a 37 degree angle to see the horizon in the distance when there is a full moon. Being that my head only turns 34.5 degrees, I need the bed to be by the bathroom (but not too far from the closet). This way I am well within my 34.5 degree range for window viewing and within reach of the closet when I want to grab my shoes."

You mean a trip to the CS desk to demand the captain turns the ship that extra 2.5 degrees to see the full moon is out of the question??? Hey it's my vacation... I demand to see the moon!!! :D:D:D:rolleyes:

We factor a lot of things into cabin selection but bed location is not one of them. As long as the bed IS IN THE CABIN, we're good.

Peace!

And I am amazed that someone who doesn't care about bed placement bothers to read threads about that very subject.

Peace!