Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

• 2 weeks later...

Not a regular OA class cruiser,so tell me...what's better.......bed by balcony or closet??

Im thinking by the balcony...just making sure.......

Darn those military rates.......too tempting..

Not a regular OA class cruiser,so tell me...what's better.......bed by balcony or closet??

Im thinking by the balcony...just making sure.......

Darn those military rates.......too tempting..

It's a personal thing, no universal "better".

Some say the room feels bigger with the bed by the closet.

Same say the closet is a pain to get into with the bed by the closet.

It's a personal thing, no universal "better".

Some say the room feels bigger with the bed by the closet.

Same say the closet is a pain to get into with the bed by the closet.

Gotcha.....I choose the bed by the balcony......hope I choose well:eek:

Look at the deck plan. See the arrows on 11202 and 11204? That is a PAIR of cabins. Therefore, your cabin 11206 is paired with 11208.

If you were standing the hallway looking at the doors, 11206 would be the RIGHT door, and 11208 would be the left door. The RIGHT cabin has the bed by the balcony. The LEFT door has the bed by the bath.

11206 has the bed by the balcony.

Remember, RIGHT is RIGHT, when viewed from the hallway.

Let's see if we can confuse this a little more! Post says if the door is on the left the bed will be by the bathroom. However, the illustration on the Deck 9 plan on line shows a cabin with the door on the left and the bed by the balcony.

We have checked out our future cruise on Oasis in Cabin 9662, and according to the advice for figuring it out, our bed will be by the bathroom. We aren't really concerned - see this as mostly a first world problem for the room service waiter to carry our breakfast past the bed to the table.

We think there are a lot worse things in this life to worry about, but if we find this ruins our cruise (which doesn't happen until October of next year), I will resurrect this thread and apologize.

Right now we have no cruises booked until November and I don't dare think about filling in, because both my husband and I are facing basal joint arthritis surgery (first me/then him), and we'd be happy to go on any RCI ship in any type cabin right now just to cure this Land sickness.

Margy

You'll just have to do another cruise with the bed by the closet to be sure.;)

Oh jeez.............Now,I don't know which I want..:confused:

:confused::confused:

Oh jeez.............Now,I don't know which I want..:confused:

:confused::confused:

If I was solo, I'd want the bed by the closet so I could have the sofa near the balcony and enjoy the view from there. However, with two (or more) in the stateroom, it becomes more of a hassle for both to access the closet at the same time, especially because they put the safe in there too.

If I was solo, I'd want the bed by the closet so I could have the sofa near the balcony and enjoy the view from there. However, with two (or more) in the stateroom, it becomes more of a hassle for both to access the closet at the same time, especially because they put the safe in there too.

Going with my husband so I'll stick with the bed by the balcony...thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the short guide to rooms on the Oasis and Allure. BOTH ships have the same configurations. There may be a few exceptions to the following generality, but you will find this to be your best guideline…..

All non-suite cabins were built as a pair of cabins. There is a common wall between the 2 cabins that zigzags between them, and that dictates the bedding arrangement for each of the 2 rooms. The cabin configurations alternate; every other one is the same. Likewise, every adjacent cabin is different.

On the left-side cabin, the bed is adjacent to the bathroom. This is a cramped arrangement and should be avoided. There is inadequate access to the closet, and you must lift your luggage over the bed to enter the stateroom. The cabin looks and feels crowded. Two people will have trouble getting dressed if they both need access to the closet and bath.

On the right-side cabin, the bed is adjacent to the balcony. This is the preferred arrangement for most people. While not spacious, the cabin looks and feels comfortable.

You can tell which cabin is which by merely looking at the floor plan of the ship. Wherever you see adjoining cabins (shown by the arrows connecting 2 rooms), this is always ONE of the pair-of-cabins. When viewed from the hallway, there will be 2 entrance doors next to each other. One door is LEFT and one door is RIGHT.

Always remember: RIGHT is RIGHT. Select the door to the cabin on the RIGHT. It does not matter if they are inside cabins, ocean-view cabins, ocean-view balconies, Central Park balconies, Boardwalk balconies: RIGHT is RIGHT, when viewed from the hallway.

Once you find a adjoining cabin pair, merely count by two’s up or down the floor plan. This will show you each and every pair-of-cabins. Again, when viewed from the hallway, if you want a bed by the bath, select the left door. If you want the bed by the balcony, select the right door.

excellent , I have been allocated cabin 8184 and I believer that the bed is by the closet, my husband finds it hard to locate the bathroom in a strange room for the first night or two , are there any cabins that have the bed head on the left hand side when you go in the door ( either by the balcony or the closet )

he sleeps on his left shoulder . First world problems

Not that anyone asked my opinion but I have cruised in those very forward ocean 'captain' view cabins. To make anyone feel okay if they have that room -

I love the bed by the closet on the Allure or Oasis. Love it so much I booked the same room type for next month. The room seems so much more spacious you have that living area on the far side of the room. I also cruise ocean view so that might make a difference but I love sitting on the sofa and looking out the floor to ceiling window, especially at night it's so special to have these "captain" staterooms.

I cruise with my hubby and we never have a hard time accessing the closet it's not like the bed is that close. And we are not tiny people :D

Just sharing my 2 cents as an oceanview non balcony cruiser.