Current Concierges continued

PH8

Not sure if this is the proper thread for this question or not, but here it goes anyways.

My Mom has many medical issues - too many to include for this thread. She wanted to see the ocean "one last time". You get the general gist of her condition. My DW is celebrating a birthday on our upcoming cruise next week. I have a wonderful 15yr old DD and 13yr old DS also coming with us.

I have never experienced the Concierge services. I know what is included, but I'm interested in any "special requests" that some of you have done in the past. How do I get the biggest bang for my family? What are some of your unique requests that I could consider to make this the memory of a lifetime?

Are you in a Suite -- if so, the Suite Concierge in the Concierge Lounge would handle special requests. If you and your mother are Diamond or above, the Diamond Concierge would handle special requests.

Yes, I should have clarified in original question. We are in a Grand Suite. Sailing next week of FOS, so I'm doing the last minute scramble.

We have made contact with Willie, our Concierge. He is doing great and I'm thoroughly looking forward to meeting him.

I just need a few off the wall, unique things to help celebrate with my family.

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Carlos Guiza

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez till 07/21/13(Dexter Fraser)

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Sascha)

(Diamond)Anis Tebbeb(as of 05/15/13)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser (Rahul Barua as of 09/02/13)

(Diamond) Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 05/20/13(Nizar Laatiri)

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi as of 04/07/13 (Mario Reyes back 07/02/13)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013 (Bertrand Almeida)

(Diamond)- Sascha(Mangesh Jambhulkar)

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/03/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/03/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 06/30/12

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Karen Hernandez as of 04/27/13(Diego Tripald on vacation till 06/29/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (Luca Iorio as of 06/09/13)

(Diamond)-Andrew Finegold(on vacation 07/13/13 till Sept '13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Oana Popa as of 05/10/13(Carlos Ortiz)

(Diamond)-Denzil Fernandes

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge)- Luca Iorio

(Diamond)-Erik Lafitte

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13(Mahmoud Messaoudi)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo(till 06/22/13) and Israel Sanchez(as of 04/27/13) (Charmaine Fernandes back 06/22/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 10/27/13-12/14/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (JD on vacation 07/26/13-08/30/13)

(Diamond)Gazetty James(till Sept '13)

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay till 06/30/13

(Diamond)Pretty Shamu(as of 03/11/13) Karen Hernandez

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Francois Roux (on vacation 07/18/13 till 09/28/13

(Diamond) Nadja Djurdjevic

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond) Gustavo Butcher(till 10/01/13)

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi-till July '13(Jayeon Hong)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

Edited by PH8

Yes, I should have clarified in original question. We are in a Grand Suite. Sailing next week of FOS, so I'm doing the last minute scramble.

We have made contact with Willie, our Concierge. He is doing great and I'm thoroughly looking forward to meeting him.

Can't really think of anything offhand.......anything in particular that you know would make your mother smile??:)

Great that Willie is helping you. Will rack my brain for something out of the ordinary (suite decorations etc) although flowers your Mom and DW's rooms would be nice.

Wonder who will be Concierges and D+ hosts on the Quantum??? Has anyone heard where the D+ lounge will be. I can see the Concierge Lounge on the new deck maps but not the D+.

I think Ken Rush will be Cruise Director as he was the one to introduce the Quantum information along with the God Mother.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Wonder who will be Concierges and D+ hosts on the Quantum??? Has anyone heard where the D+ lounge will be. I can see the Concierge Lounge on the new deck maps but not the D+.

I think Ken Rush will be Cruise Director as he was the one to introduce the Quantum information along with the God Mother.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

The Diamond Club is next to the Music Hall. D+ and PC can use the CL.

That's just what is happening now on FR. Mangesh is in guest relations for a few weeks and Sascha is DL concierge until he goes to Brilliance (his normal ship) in about 10 days.

So is it fair to sat Mangesh will be back in the DL June 9th and Sascha will back on the BR then(as Diamond concierge)?

So is it fair to sat Mangesh will be back in the DL June 9th and Sascha will back on the BR then(as Diamond concierge)?
Possibly, I think it depends on when Bertie gets back. Have never sailed with Bertie but Mangesh is a great Concierge.

Possibly, I think it depends on when Bertie gets back. Have never sailed with Bertie but Mangesh is a great Concierge.

I'm :confused::confused::confused: what does Bertie have to do with it?? He's the suite concierge,right?? While the other two(Mangesh and Sascha) are DCs..:confused:

I'm :confused::confused::confused: what does Bertie have to do with it?? He's the suite concierge,right?? While the other two(Mangesh and Sascha) are DCs..:confused:
I think Bertie has alternated between being suite and Diamond Concierge. Sascha is going to Brilliance in a about a week. So possibly Bertie, Willie and Mangesh will alternate. Both Willie and Bertie have been Suite Concierges. Mangesh was our Diamond Concierge and he was fabulous -- sounds like you are a fan also.

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Carlos Guiza

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez till 07/21/13(Dexter Fraser)

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Sascha)

(Diamond)Anis Tebbeb(as of 05/15/13)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser (Rahul Barua as of 09/02/13)

(Diamond) Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 05/20/13(Nizar Laatiri)

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi as of 04/07/13 (Mario Reyes back 07/02/13)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013

(Diamond)- Sascha Strack(Bertrand Almeida as of 06/09/13)

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/03/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/03/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 06/30/12

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Karen Hernandez as of 04/27/13(Diego Tripald on vacation till 06/29/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (Luca Iorio as of 06/09/13)

(Diamond)-Andrew Finegold(on vacation 07/13/13 till Sept '13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Oana Popa as of 05/10/13(Carlos Ortiz)

(Diamond)-Denzil Fernandes

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge)- Luca Iorio

(Diamond)-Erik Lafitte

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13(Mahmoud Messaoudi)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo(till 06/22/13) and Israel Sanchez(as of 04/27/13) (Charmaine Fernandes back 06/22/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 10/27/13-12/14/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (JD on vacation 07/26/13-08/30/13)

(Diamond)Gazetty James(till Sept '13)

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay till 06/30/13

(Diamond)Pretty Shamu(as of 03/11/13) Karen Hernandez

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Francois Roux (on vacation 07/18/13 till 09/28/13

(Diamond) Nadja Djurdjevic

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond) Gustavo Butcher(till 10/01/13)

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi-till July '13(Jayeon Hong)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

Edited by PH8

I think Bertie has alternated between being suite and Diamond Concierge. Sascha is going to Brilliance in a about a week. So possibly Bertie, Willie and Mangesh will alternate. Both Willie and Bertie have been Suite Concierges. Mangesh was our Diamond Concierge and he was fabulous -- sounds like you are a fan also.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet.......not sure where he fits in now that I know Bertrand will be the Diamond concierge..

Thanks -- how long do you think he will be the DL Concierge? We sail FR on Jan. 12, 2014. Have not had Bertie as Concierge but have read good things about him on this thread.

Sorry,no clue....the above is all the info I got..

I noticed that my concierge will be changing right in the middle of my Explorer of the Seas cruise. I have never had that to happen before and not sure if I like it...not like that there's much I can do about it. Has anyone else ever had this to happen? :confused:

I noticed that my concierge will be changing right in the middle of my Explorer of the Seas cruise. I have never had that to happen before and not sure if I like it...not like that there's much I can do about it. Has anyone else ever had this to happen? :confused:

Have not had that happen to me,but now you can compare the two..:p

Staff/crew do not always sign off the ship at the port of embarkation...sometimes at one of the port stops..

I would like to have a few refreshments for a gathering in our Suite on our 8/7/13 sailing of Vision. As we do not have a Concierge or Diamond Concierge who would I contact?

Also would like to contact someone in regards to some activities we have planed for our Roll Call. TIA

I would like to have a few refreshments for a gathering in our Suite on our 8/7/13 sailing of Vision. As we do not have a Concierge or Diamond Concierge who would I contact?

Also would like to contact someone in regards to some activities we have planed for our Roll Call. TIA

My thoughts would include the room service manager, MDR manager, or bar manager depending on what you want. Trying to get anything planned before you actually board is probably going to be disappointing. The thing about Vision is whoever you approach while on board will connect you to the right person to get it done.:)

They do have a person at Guest Services that oversees suite guests. She or he can arrange refreshments at a cost per person if you want something special. And, it is rather costly ;). Otherwise, I would wait until that day and order from room service and combine plates of the same thing to have around or bring things from WJ. Most people will have had plenty of food onboard and not really interested in eating more.

CD staff may be able to help you with your activities...

Have a good time.