Current Concierges continued

PH8

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Rahim Fraoui(till end of 11/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez till 07/21/13(Dexter Fraser)

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Sascha)

(Diamond)Anis Tebbeb(as of 05/15/13)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser (Rahul Barua as of 09/02/13)

(Diamond) Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 05/20/13(Nizar Laatiri)

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi as of 04/07/13 (Mario Reyes back 07/02/13)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013

(Diamond)- Bertrand Almeida as of 06/09/13

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/03/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/03/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Karen Hernandez as of 04/27/13(Diego Tripald on vacation till 06/28/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (Luca Iorio as of 06/15/13)

(Diamond)-Andrew Finegold(on vacation 07/13/13 till Sept '13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Oana Popa as of 05/10/13(Carlos Ortiz)

(Diamond)-Denzil Fernandes

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge)- Luca Iorio

(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13(Mahmoud Messaoudi)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo(on vacation 06/22/13-09/04/13) and Israel Sanchez(on vacation 09/04/13-10/26/13) (Charmaine Fernandes back 06/22/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 10/26/13-12/14/13) (Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 10/26/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (JD on vacation 08/02/13 till mid Sept '13)

(Diamond)Gazetty James(till Sept '13)

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay till 06/30/13

(Diamond)Pretty Shamu(as of 03/11/13) Karen Hernandez

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Francois Roux (on vacation 07/18/13 till 09/28/13

(Diamond) Nadja Djurdjevic

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond) Gustavo Butcher(till 10/01/13)

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi-till July '13(Jayeon Hong)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

I guess I am missing something. Why would you care who the Concierge is?

Never really paid much attention to them or maybe just never had to ask for anything. Just wanted to know why one is better then then other?

I don't think it is one is better than another one. It is nice once you get to know one you are more comfortable with that one.

Joe

Never really paid much attention to them or maybe just never had to ask for anything. Just wanted to know why one is better then then other?

when you consistently sail the same ship, you develop a relationship with many crew members. not just the Concierge. I for one am very disappointed Reyno decided to stay with EN after all his talk about transferring to GR.

doesn't mean I won't end up loving Ruth, it's just I will miss Reyno and his lovely personality.

I agree...along with who the Capt. is, the CD, etc...it does not make or break my vacation...

However, if I am going to e-mail the Concierge with a special request prior to our cruise, it is best to address the e-mail to a specific person by name....

Other than that.....

And we have never had a bad Concierge...just some are better than others...but again, it does not change anything....

Edited by B-52

I just found out Mario will not be returning to the Explorer. Instead on Jul 2nd Denzil Fernandes will be there.

Hmmmmmmm guess he's leaving the LB then?? Thanks for the info..

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Rahim Fraoui(till end of 11/13)

(Diamond) Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 05/20/13(Nizar Laatiri)

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi (Denzil Fernandes as of 07/02/13)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Karen Hernandez as of 04/27/13(Diego Tripald on vacation till 06/28/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (Luca Iorio as of 06/15/13)

(Diamond)-Denzil Fernandes till 07/02/13

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge)- Luca Iorio

(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo(on vacation 06/22/13-09/04/13) and Israel Sanchez(on vacation 09/04/13-10/26/13) (Charmaine Fernandes back 06/22/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 10/26/13-12/14/13) (Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 10/26/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (JD on vacation 08/02/13 till mid Sept '13)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

Ok thanks for the replies, I guess there has never been a time that I needed to get intouch with concierge but would be nice if needed. We have never needed anything so I guess just never noticed. We are usually on EOS or ENOS, could never tell you who the concierge was.

But who knows might need to one of these trips.

I agree...along with who the Capt. is, the CD, etc...it does not make or break my vacation...

However, if I am going to e-mail the Concierge with a special request prior to our cruise, it is best to address the e-mail to a specific person by name....

Other than that.....

And we have never had a bad Concierge...just some are better than others...but again, it does not change anything....

We use the DL or CL for breakfast and happy hour and I often have special requests so if the Concierge is friendly and efficient (as most have been), it really enhances the vacation. We have had the same concierge more than once and it is good to come back to a friendly face.

Jean,

They are on for 6 to 10 months or whatever they negotiate in their contract. :)

Cool. That means Diego should be on Jewel in December.:D

If you need the Concierge's service, it's nice to have one who will actually do his or her job. We've had a Concierge who was on a personal call when we came in to ask a question and wouldn't even acknowledge our presence. We've had one who was always "not feeling well" and always punting our questions to somebody else so she wouldn't have to deal with whatever we were talking about.

But they were two bad apples in the bunch, and one has apparently fallen and hit his head or undergone a personality transplant, as he's received a lot of praise lately. For the most part, we have simple requests - a last minute dinner reservation, inquiring about a bridge tour or meeting the Chief Engineer (DH is a retired one and loves to talk ship). The good Concierges (and for the most part they are terrific) will do what they can to make things happen. The not so good ones won't.

Edited by critterchick

You're memory is fine. That nice CL, convenient walking distance to all the suites on deck 8 is now 4 staterooms. Instead, you take an elevator or walk up 3 decks to the new CL, which does not even have a floor to ceiling wall between it and the rest of Viking Crown.

Actually the Diamond lounge is on the side with half a wall looking over down on the Viking Crown. The Concierge lounge is on the opposite side with the windows out to sea and it has a wall between the 2 lounges.

If Rahul is going to the Enchantment then that is news to the GSM on Enchantment because nobody is expecting him.

A Concierge's contract can be for up to 6 months.

More times than not the GSM is the last to know where Miami is placing or moving people.

I'm not sure I understand who is who on Enchantment - is it Nizar or Iryna as of 5/20/13.

Thanks,

Irene

Nizar is not going back to the Enchantment. Iryna is the Diamond concierge that started 5/20/13.

Can anyone tell me who is concierge on the indi 15 th June 2013??

I can't help you with your sailing but Nizar is going to the Independence as of the 2nd week of July.

I have D+ friends who also did a B2B on Freedom. The first week they were in a GS and Willie took great care of them. The second week they were in a JS and he completely snubbed them.

Yes Willie was great in the beginning but he now caters to suite guests and not the frequent cruisers. A few others are like that as well. Unless you know them quite well from over the years they snub the frequent cruisers in favor of the suite guests. It comes down to some frequent cruisers are not so good tippers in the lounge so they put their efforts to where there is money to be made. However they do not all act this way.

Actually the Diamond lounge is on the side with half a wall looking over down on the Viking Crown. The Concierge lounge is on the opposite side with the windows out to sea and it has a wall between the 2 lounges.

Bob said there was no floor to "ceiling" wall which is true on all the ships that have had the CL relocated to this location in the Viking Crown Lounge. The wall starts at the floor but doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling. So Bob is absolutely correct.

Bob said there was no floor to "ceiling" wall which is true on all the ships that have had the CL relocated to this location in the Viking Crown Lounge. The wall starts at the floor but doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling. So Bob is absolutely correct.

What I was saying is that it is the Diamond Lounge that opens to the Viking Crown below NOT the Concierge lounge and there is a proper wall between the 2 lounges.

Edited by Gil T. Azell

Nizar is not going back to the Enchantment. Iryna is the Diamond concierge that started 5/20/13.

I can't help you with your sailing but Nizar is going to the Independence as of the 2nd week of July.

Is this in DL? Never cruised with Nizar, what is he/she like?

We just returned from b2b cruises on Serenade. We truly enjoyed our time in the CL with Francois Roux. He made an effort to get to know everyone and kept everything in the lounge running smoothly. It wasn't unusual to see him cleaning up tables, quickly going back to his desk to answer the phone and helping those who had questions.....all with a pleasant smile on his face. :)

We just returned from b2b cruises on Serenade. We truly enjoyed our time in the CL with Francois Roux. He made an effort to get to know everyone and kept everything in the lounge running smoothly. It wasn't unusual to see him cleaning up tables, quickly going back to his desk to answer the phone and helping those who had questions.....all with a pleasant smile on his face. :)

We have sailed a couple of times with Francois Roux and he remembers us better than we remember his... it was funny on our last cruise when he told us exactly which cruise he had met us before.. he is a very special concierge.

We were on the Serenade on the Easter Mediterranern cruise from Barcelona to Turkey and back to Barcelona, stopping in France, Greece and Italy.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

It's nice to hear you enjoyed Francois. He's a nice combination of pleasant, professional and just a really sharp guy who is always on the ball.

When he had the old lounge and there was a sink right there, he didn't want the guests to pile it full. He preferred that we just leave everything on the table and he'd get right on clearing it away and cleaning up. That's just how I am at home. I'd rather do it myself in an orderly manner that is actually easier and quicker. I guess I can relate to him in that way.

We just think he is a very nice man and a real expert at his job.

Gina

\

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Carlos Guiza

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo(till 06/22/13) and Israel Sanchez(as of 04/27/13)

[quote]

OK. Now I'm confused. I got off Allure this morning. Didn't pay enough attention to full names, but I'm quite sure the concierges were Fernando and Allan.:confused:

I only go by what people tell me...Last I heard Allan and Israel were on the OA.......

Is there another Allan that could be on the AL??You wouldn't happen to have any paperwork with that info,would you??

I guess I've been cruising too much and it's all blending together. But that is not going to stop me!!!!:eek:

Sorry for adding confusion to this great thread. It was Rahim on AL.:o

(Diamond) Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 05/20/13

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi (Denzil Fernandes as of 07/02/13)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia (Nizar Laatiri mid July '13 till Jan '14)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Luca Iorio as of 06/15/13

(Diamond)-Denzil Fernandes till 07/02/13

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge) &(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

i.e