Current Concierges continued

PH8

No big surprise.....you are not the only one who experienced how he acts.:rolleyes:

Seeing this quite often by multiple people, one has to wonder why they allow this to continue. :confused:

It's enough to make me want to book the ship just to do my own research and see what has happened? Maybe if a bargain comes up this summer.... :)

Gina

Seeing this quite often by multiple people, one has to wonder why they allow this to continue. :confused:

It's enough to make me want to book the ship just to do my own research and see what has happened? Maybe if a bargain comes up this summer.... :)

Gina

Perhaps more people have to complain about him to Guest Services and in their guest surveys rather than wait until they are back on CC to comment about his poor attitude. There is no reason that it should be permitted to continue and it certainly wouldn't be tolerated from any other staff members.

Perhaps more people have to complain about him to Guest Services and in their guest surveys rather than wait until they are back on CC to comment about his poor attitude. There is no reason that it should be permitted to continue and it certainly wouldn't be tolerated from any other staff members.

Bill, we did a b2b on Freedom last December-January and experienced the same treatment from Willie. This surprised us as we've known him since he was Concierge on Radiance. He only catered to "his" suite guests and couldn't care less about D+/PC Members. I did send an email and got a follow-up phone call.

Bill, we did a b2b on Freedom last December-January and experienced the same treatment from Willie. This surprised us as we've known him since he was Concierge on Radiance. He only catered to "his" suite guests and couldn't care less about D+/PC Members. I did send an email and got a follow-up phone call.

And that's what I did as should everyone who experiences this! Maybe something will done about it.

I have D+ friends who also did a B2B on Freedom. The first week they were in a GS and Willie took great care of them. The second week they were in a JS and he completely snubbed them.

One can only hope.

Rita had the same unsatisfactory experience just last week and took similar measures. Don't know if she will receive a response but with so many similar comments from seasoned cruisers clearly there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Sailing on May 30th on the Explorer and hope that Mario will be back by then. He is fantastic!!!

We've never had Mario, so I cannot compare, but we had Mahmoud a few weeks ago on Explorer, and I don't think anyone could have been better.

We've never had Mario, so I cannot compare, but we had Mahmoud a few weeks ago on Explorer, and I don't think anyone could have been better.

I agree about Mahmoud. The amazing thing is that he is very new to the position and in fact was training in December.

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

AL Allure --(Concierge)- Dexter Fraser (as of 02/17/13) and Fernando Ugalde Nadal(as of 04/14/13) --(Rahim Fraoui on vacation as of 03/31/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez as of 02/17/13

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Sascha)

(Diamond) (coming May 2013)Anis Tebbeb

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser(Iryna Tsybulnykova on vacation till 05/20/13)

(Diamond) Nizar Laatiri

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi as of 04/07/13 (Mario Reyes)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013 (Bertrand Almeida)

(Diamond)- Sascha(Mangesh Jambhulkar)

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/02/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/02/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 06/30/12

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Karen Hernandez as of 04/27/13(Diego Tripald on vacation till 06/29/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (as 02/06/13)

(Diamond)-Andrew Finegold(as of 02/06/13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz (until May 2013)

(Diamond)-Oana Popa till 10/06/13((Denzil Fernandes)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge)- Luca Iorio

(Diamond)-Erik Lafitte

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13(Mahmoud Messaoudi)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo and Israel Sanchez(as of 04/27/13) (Charmaine Fernandes back June)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera as of 04/27/13

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(Gazetty James on vacation 03/05/13-05/17/13) (JD on vacation again 07/26/13-08/30/13)

(Diamond) Shim Hyun "JJ" till 05/17/13

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay till 06/30/13

(Diamond)Pretty Shamu(as of 03/11/13) Karen Hernandez

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Francois Roux (Nadja Djurdjevic)

(Diamond) Rami Tabassi till 05/05/13 ???

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond)????

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi(Jayeon Hong)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

Thanks for the response. Sounds like Mahmoud did a fantastic job on your sailing, so I guess either Mario or Mahmoud will be fantastic.

I have D+ friends who also did a B2B on Freedom. The first week they were in a GS and Willie took great care of them. The second week they were in a JS and he completely snubbed them.

Just found this thread. We were on FOS Sept 29- 2012. We are diamond plus and went to the concierge Lounge. You would have thought we were the invasion of the hillybillies. Rude . We went up to Diamond lounge and it was better but we notice concierge never spoke to us the whole week. But if certain people came in he ran to get them a drink, and couldn't have been more biased. We accepted it but really left a sour taste. We were in JS

Edited by Beach1

Just found this thread. We were on FOS Sept 29- 2012. We are diamond plus and went to the concierge Lounge. You would have thought we were the invasion of the hillybillies. Rude . We went up to Diamond lounge and it was better but we notice concierge never spoke to us the whole week. But if certain people came in he ran to get them a drink, and couldn't have been more biased. We accepted it but really left a sour taste. We were in JS

I hope everyone who has a problem with this concierge has written to RCCL and told them......this is no reason for this to happen at all.

I hope everyone who has a problem with this concierge has written to RCCL and told them......this is no reason for this to happen at all.

I agree, that is pretty unacceptable.

I do, however, have to wonder why anybody D or higher would go to the CL over the DL on Freedom. With no view in the CL, a gorgeous view in the DL, and the same services, I don't understand!

I do, however, have to wonder why anybody D or higher would go to the CL over the DL on Freedom. With no view in the CL, a gorgeous view in the DL, and the same services, I don't understand!

Simple it is about status and being seen. If a D+ or PC is in the DL how would anyone know they were not "just" a D? There are many, many who are this way. There are also many that are not. I am sure many will dispute this but that is one main reason.

Edited by looking4info

Simple it is about status and being seen. If a D+ or PC is in the DL how would anyone know they were not "just" a D? There are many, many who are this way. There are also many that are not. I am sure many will dispute this but that is one main reason.

That's ridiculous, who the hell cares on way or the other. As a D+ I would choose the DL on any ship other than OA or AL because it has windows. A lot of ships, Voyager and Freedom class have interior Concierge rooms.

On OA or AL, which have gorgeous Concierge lounges, sometimes, we go to the DL because the CL gets over run with children. At least in the DL children aren't allowed at night.

Bottom line, I choose where I'm going to have a cocktail by where I feel I'm going to have the most enjoyment.

I've been fortunate not to have run into the people you speak of too often.

That's ridiculous,

I've been fortunate not to have run into the people you speak of too often.

Of course it is ridiculous. Sad fact is those that are that way do not see it in themselves.

You have indeed been fortunate. I on the other hand have run into the same clowns on several trips. Luckily there was an overflow and they chose not to utilize it. Hope your good fortune continues.

We go to the CL often. We actually go back and forth depending on crowds. It never crossed my mind it was about status. I thought the status thing might be the other way around.

Having been on Freedom once, I found the DL to be sort of high school cafeteria looking in style and found the CL a little bit nicer. We did spend plenty of time in the DL though - with Willy as the concierge who was very nice to us all. Of course he didn't have another group to tend to. There were also a bunch of C&A members sneaking out drinks to friends who didn't qualify for access. It was so crowded that it slipped right though. I found that attitude to be offensive and I've never seen that happen by suite guests or D+/PC in the CL.

We prefer the CL on some ships because of the concierge. We preferred it on Rhapsody because of the guests - there WERE some guests. The DL was so empty that there wasn't much going on although the concierge was sweet and willing to do anything for us.

I never went to a lounge for the view since we always have a view from the room.

Having been in a suite at times, I guess we could go to only the DL so no one would "know". :rolleyes: Although seriously, I never thought about my stateroom or anyone else's for that matter. One thing you hear very little of in the CL - "how many cruise points do you have?" That little competition is irrelevant to most in there which is actually rather refreshing.

In the end, I thought most people went to a lounge based on where their friends might be and how they like the concierge along with crowd control. I had no idea people wanted to be looked at in a certain way. Now I know.

Consider this a dispute. ;)

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Consider this a dispute. ;)

Gina

Dispute considered and I stand by my assertions.

I could name names but I am sure many of you know of them so there is no need.

Most recently these types of things occurred on our December Brilliance cruise and there were even some post on here describing the behavior.

Not saying it happens every cruise but it does happen and just my luck I have cruised with a couple of these folks more than once.

While I personally agree with your claim that the DL is preferable as to the view it affords and the services offered are pretty much the same, I also believe that people needn't defend their choice if they are entitled to go to both. Why do we need to understand why someone chooses one over the other? Regardless, it certainly isn't Willie or any other concierge's job to treat those who are entitled to his services differently based on whether they are suite guests or Diamond +/Pinnacle.

Dispute considered and I stand by my assertions.

I could name names but I am sure many of you know of them so there is no need.

Most recently these types of things occurred on our December Brilliance cruise and there were even some post on here describing the behavior.

Not saying it happens every cruise but it does happen and just my luck I have cruised with a couple of these folks more than once.

Well, that's a handful of people out of how many thousands who pass through? We preferred the CL over the DL on Liberty because we could easily find a seat and get a drink. The DL was filled with people who got there at 4:30 and staye until closing. Even if we could find a seat, it was hard to get a drink.

And after awhile the CL became a place where people felt free to spout some hateful social commentary, so we decide that we'd rather pay for our drinks and retired to Vintages for most of the duration.

Well, that's a handful of people out of how many thousands who pass through? We preferred the CL over the DL on Liberty because we could easily find a seat and get a drink. The DL was filled with people who got there at 4:30 and staye until closing. Even if we could find a seat, it was hard to get a drink.

And after awhile the CL became a place where people felt free to spout some hateful social commentary, so we decide that we'd rather pay for our drinks and retired to Vintages for most of the duration.

Wow.... I hope this isn't common. We splurged a bit on our first (upcoming) RCI cruise and went GS, looking forward to some of the perks associated, including the CL.

It was standing room only in the DL so we went to the CL when we wanted to sit and have our drinks........

Bull.

the people who were D+ and higher chose to sit in the CL with those of us who were in suites from the roll call and were not D or D+ in our own right. we had a grand time pretty much every night( and a few times we crosses paths during the day as well)

in fact one particular lady I had no freaking idea she was D+( 3rd highest level on board that week no less) as she never once flaunted it, mentioned or even hinted that she was D+ or better.

we had all gotten to 'know' each other on the roll call prior to the cruise.