Current Concierges continued

PH8

This is interesting and does make some sense - the CL would likely have (for the most part) pax from suites who still work whereas the DL has more veteran cruisers who are less focused on work. I am recently retired also and don't really want to tell work war stories any more so I will keep that in mind when visiting the CL on Indy later this year. Thank you for the insights.

The Concierge Lounge is not only for Suite Guests, but for D+ and PC Members, many of whom still work.

The Concierge Lounge is not only for Suite Guests, but for D+ and PC Members, many of whom still work.

Understood but I would guess, based on cat's experience in talking with people in the DL, that since suite guests who are not D+ or PC cannot visit the DL, they would frequent the CL. It makes sense to me therefore that you would encounter a higher percentage of working types (and a lower percentage of veteran cruisers) in the CL. But as my wife says, I'm just over-analyzing it and really, does it matter what type of person visits which lounge? Not really but never having been on RC before, I'm just trying to get a feel for things. :o

This thread is about who the concierges are.......not the logistics of it..:p

Again, I understand that but I did not initiate the commentary on the type of people that frequent either lounge - only commented on other posters' views and experiences. It's kind of difficult to to have an on-going thread on ships concierge personnel (which I sincerely appreciate) without a few sidebar posts relating to the CL. There's even a post above about the Jewel's enhancement schedule.... not exactly concierge personnel related.

Edited by joepeka

Hi All,

I'm new to cruising, working-type :D- had originally asked about CL as a suite guest for upgrading my parents on an Alaskan on Rhapsody in June.

Now I'm wondering about Enchantment for a short cruise in August for my immediate family. We are gluten free and pretty limited in where we can eat on the ship. For examples, Johnny Rockets is a "no" - they can't even try for a burger without a bun. Does anyone know if the CL has a gluten free option for their breakfast or cocktails?

I appreciate "listening in" - I'm learning a bunch about cruising from your experiences. And since this quickly becoming our preferred vacation, I'm grateful for you collective wisdom.

Irene

Hi All,

I'm new to cruising, working-type :D- had originally asked about CL as a suite guest for upgrading my parents on an Alaskan on Rhapsody in June.

Now I'm wondering about Enchantment for a short cruise in August for my immediate family. We are gluten free and pretty limited in where we can eat on the ship. For examples, Johnny Rockets is a "no" - they can't even try for a burger without a bun. Does anyone know if the CL has a gluten free option for their breakfast or cocktails?

I appreciate "listening in" - I'm learning a bunch about cruising from your experiences. And since this quickly becoming our preferred vacation, I'm grateful for you collective wisdom.

Irene

Hi Irene,

You'd probably attract a lot more interest if you start a new thread entitled something like "The concierge lounge and gluten free options".

I will mention that there is a limited selection in the CL for breakfast. But there is always fresh fruit which is gluten free. I've only been in one CL that had yogurt available and that was on Serenade. We just go to the windjammer on our way to the concierge lounge - or on Rhapsody you can stop by the Park Cafe - and pick up yogurt for ourselves. If you go to the WJ you could also get cottage cheese to go with the fruit. Of course while you are there you could get some bacon and eggs. :)

I'm not familiar with alcohol and gluten free but since some comes from wheat I don't know how that affects it. I know some vodka is made from potatoes but don't know if that's in the CL.

Bring it up on the main forum and the gluten free crowd will be attracted to it. You'll get lots of answers there. The main point of this particular thread is just to keep up with which concierge is in which lounge so many people won't even check in here until they are preparing to go on a cruise.

Gina

PS: Rhapsody has fabulous concierges. Amit is there untiil the end of June and then Pretty takes over for him. You could ask either of them if they can arrange to have yogurt brought in for you for breakfast. Someone else sets it up but hopefully they can bring this one little thing. I absolutely loved both of these personable and helpful concierges.

Edited by mommabean

Hi Irene,

You'd probably attract a lot more interest if you start a new thread entitled something like "The concierge lounge and gluten free options".

I will mention that there is a limited selection in the CL for breakfast. But there is always fresh fruit which is gluten free. I've only been in one CL that had yogurt available and that was on Serenade. We just go to the windjammer on our way to the concierge lounge - or on Rhapsody you can stop by the Park Cafe - and pick up yogurt for ourselves. If you go to the WJ you could also get cottage cheese to go with the fruit. Of course while you are there you could get some bacon and eggs. :)

I'm not familiar with alcohol and gluten free but since some comes from wheat I don't know how that affects it. I know some vodka is made from potatoes but don't know if that's in the CL.

Bring it up on the main forum and the gluten free crowd will be attracted to it. You'll get lots of answers there. The main point of this particular thread is just to keep up with which concierge is in which lounge so many people won't even check in here until they are preparing to go on a cruise.

Gina

PS: Rhapsody has fabulous concierges. Amit is there untiil the end of June and then Pretty takes over for him. You could ask either of them if they can arrange to have yogurt brought in for you for breakfast. Someone else sets it up but hopefully they can bring this one little thing. I absolutely loved both of these personable and helpful concierges.

oh yeah, there's vodka in the CL!!!!!!!:D And gin is made from juniper berries and that's available in the CL too :D:D

oh yeah, there's vodka in the CL!!!!!!!:D And gin is made from juniper berries and that's available in the CL too :D:D

Gin is flavored by juniper berries, but the alcohol itself is distilled from agricultural products, usually grains. However, I am not sure that distilled alcohol contains any gluten. The distillation process breaks down the complex carbs and distills out the alcohol molecules.

bobj

The National Institutes of Health, as part of its Celiac Awareness Campaign, declares that gin and other alcoholic beverages distilled from gluten grains are safe for those on a gluten-free diet, since distillation removes enough of the gluten protein to render the drink gluten-free, at least to the accepted 20 parts per million standard.

However, the Celiac Sprue Association advises celiacs to drink only alcoholic beverages that are not derived from gluten grains. And many people with gluten sensitivity or celiac report serious gluten reactions from gin made with gluten grains.

Now back to our regular program.

Edited by looking4info

Will Ruth Romo be the Concierge On the Grandeur

June 14 Crusie?

Also does anyone know what Country she is from?

Thank you!

Odds are she will be there(but yoiu never know what can happen between now and then) since she just joined the GR May 2nd.....not sure what country she is from..

Am I reading this right? Is Bertrard Almeida the concierge for Freedom this month (concierge lounge)? While asking questions, how is he? My only experience with a concierge was with Israel Sanchez, and he was amazing. (Europe-western Med. trip)

Am I reading this right? Is Bertrard Almeida the concierge for Freedom this month (concierge lounge)? While asking questions, how is he? My only experience with a concierge was with Israel Sanchez, and he was amazing. (Europe-western Med. trip)

No,it will be Willie,who signed back on at the end of April...

Edited by PH8

I would. It's been my experience that Suite guests usually get an email from the Concierge about a week prior to the cruise.

We haven't received an email from the Concierge for any of our previous cruises. I wonder if it's a hit or miss thing? Or maybe it's optional for the Concierge to send one?

We have a cruise in December. Maybe we will get one for that cruise?

We haven't received an email from the Concierge for any of our previous cruises. I wonder if it's a hit or miss thing? Or maybe it's optional for the Concierge to send one?

We have a cruise in December. Maybe we will get one for that cruise?

I don't get them either. I think it may be because I've already known the concierges from previous sailings. Maybe if I branched out to new ships I'd get one.

Kathy, Betsy Medrano has posted on a FB group (6th post down, posted May 4) that she's currently on BR but going to Vision in September.

https://www.*****/WHATSYOURNEXTSHIP/

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings(Silvia Abreu De Gasperi on vacation mid March)

AL Allure --(Concierge)- Dexter Fraser (as of 02/17/13) and Fernando Ugalde Nadal(as of 04/14/13) --(Rahim Fraoui on vacation as of 03/31/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez as of 02/17/13

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Anis Tebbeb/Carlos Guiza Grandas)

(Diamond) (coming May 2013)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser(Iryna Tsybulnykova on vacation till 05/20/13)

(Diamond) Nizar Laatiri

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi as of 04/07/13 (Mario Reyes)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013 (Bertrand Almeida)

(Diamond)- Mangesh Jambhulkar till 06/2013

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/02/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/02/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 06/30/12

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Karen Hernandez as of 04/27/13(Diego Tripald on vacation till 06/29/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (as 02/06/13)

(Diamond)-Andrew Finegold(as of 02/06/13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz (until May 2013)

(Diamond)-Oana Popa till 10/06/13((Denzil Fernandes)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge)- Luca Iorio

(Diamond)-Erik Lafitte

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13(Mahmoud Messaoudi)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo and Israel Sanchez(as of 04/27/13) (Charmaine Fernandes back June)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera as of 04/27/13

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(Gazetty James on vacation 03/05/13-05/17/13) (JD on vacation again 07/26/13-08/30/13)

(Diamond) Shim Hyun "JJ" till 05/17/13

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay till 06/30/13

(Diamond)Pretty Shamu(as of 03/11/13) Karen Hernandez

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Francois Roux (Nadja Djurdjevic)

(Diamond) Rami Tabassi till 05/05/13

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond)Silvia Abreu De Gasperi

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi(Jayeon Hong)

Edited by wolfcathorse

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings(Silvia Abreu De Gasperi on vacation mid March)

AL Allure --(Concierge)- Dexter Fraser (as of 02/17/13) and Fernando Ugalde Nadal(as of 04/14/13) --(Rahim Fraoui on vacation as of 03/31/13)

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Anis Tebbeb/Carlos Guiza Grandas)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser(Iryna Tsybulnykova on vacation till 05/20/13)

(Diamond) Nizar Laatiri

(Diamond)- Mangesh Jambhulkar till 06/2013

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Karen Hernandez as of 04/27/13(Diego Tripald on vacation till 06/29/13)

MJ Majesty - none

(Diamond)-Erik Lafitte

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo and Israel Sanchez(as of 04/27/13) (Charmaine Fernandes back June)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen(Gazetty James on vacation 03/05/13-05/17/13) (JD on vacation again 07/26/13-08/30/13)

(Diamond) Rami Tabassi till 05/05/13

(Diamond)Silvia Abreu De Gasperi

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

Kathy, we just got off the Freedom on Sunday, and Sascha was the DL concierge. He will be on for a few more weeks, and then he goes to the Brilliance as permanent concierge on BR..............at least that's what he told us.

He was excellent............the Suite Concierge not so much:eek:

Kathy, we just got off the Freedom on Sunday, and Sascha was the DL concierge. He will be on for a few more weeks, and then he goes to the Brilliance as permanent concierge on BR..............at least that's what he told us.

He was excellent............the Suite Concierge not so much:eek:

No big surprise.....you are not the only one who experienced how he acts.:rolleyes:

BTW----do you know Sascha's last name??

Kathy, heard that Silvia Abreu De Gasperi has resigned from RC
Thanks! Edited by PH8

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Anis Tebbeb/Carlos Guiza Grandas/Sascha)

(Diamond) Nizar Laatiri

(Diamond)- Sascha(Mangesh Jambhulkar)

MJ Majesty - none

(Diamond)-Erik Lafitte

(Diamond) Rami Tabassi till 05/05/13 ???

(Diamond)????

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com