Taking champagne on board

CASPALL

I read that you can take 2 bottles of wine onboard - presumably that means champagne or wine ?

Can you also take on 2 bottles at ports of call buying from the duty free shops on the quayside ?

Are you allowed to take on your own soda?

Sorry for asking all these questions,but it's taking me so long to go through the various threads and forums and I dont have time :)

Thanks

Caryl

Hi Caspall,

I see you got an Answer quickly to your Question... so I won't rehash.

Just want to say that Mr Sloop and I intend to do the same... bring Champagne as we think it a good use of our 2 bottle allowance (Champagne on board being quite expensive either by the glass or bottle... Sparkling is however a bit more reasonable)...

Plan is to sip on Champagne in our Stateroom pre-Dinner while getting ready (we are also bringing a champagne stopper)... or perhaps bring a bottle along to Dinner if we decide to celebrate a special occasion... Corkage Fee then would be $ 25 in a public area of the ship ... But it still would work out to be cheaper than buying a bottle directly from the ship at full price)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

I have a stopper for fizzy bottle but never seem to need to use it! :D

2 bottles -5 day cruise -ouch!!!

We also like to have a drink in the cabin while getting ready for the evening.

Are the suitcases screened?

I don't think the drink prices are too bad - it's the service charge that makes it sooo expensive. I think this will be our first ever cruise that we won't order a bottle of wine every night at the table. Maybe one glass each.:(

Oh - another question - can you ask the steward to fetch an ice bucket?

Thanks!

Caryl

Suitcases are screened. There have been many, many reports of passengers who were not allowed to get their baggage until they report to the so - called "naughty room" to remove items which are not allowed, be they liquor bottles, beer cans, irons, clothes steamers, or weapons.

Your steward will bring ice automatically at least once a day, and will re-fill the ice bucket when you call and request same.

I have a stopper for fizzy bottle but never seem to need to use it! :D

2 bottles -5 day cruise -ouch!!!

We also like to have a drink in the cabin while getting ready for the evening.

Are the suitcases screened?

I don't think the drink prices are too bad - it's the service charge that makes it sooo expensive. I think this will be our first ever cruise that we won't order a bottle of wine every night at the table. Maybe one glass each.:(

Oh - another question - can you ask the steward to fetch an ice bucket?

Thanks!

Caryl

Hi Caspall,

Forgive me... but as a North American... I NEVER understand this statement... Tipping here is just a fact of life... and 15% is on the low-end of the scale (Many tip 20%... and some fancier places impose an 18% tip).

All in all just part of taking a vacation here... or living here for that matter.

Same idea as if I was to take a vacation in your part of the world where the base prices of things are much higher than here... (in some cases where I could change the $-sign to a £-sign... so almost double what things would cost me at home)

15% for the occasional tip on things seems like a BARGAIN by comparisson !!

Truly no point complaining about it IMO.

It is what it is... all just part of the price one pays to travel the world.

Cheers!

Archived