Interesting things found while snorkeling

LKYGSR

[ATTACH]213003[/ATTACH]

My husband took this while snorkeling in Grand Cayman. He said he thought it was an octopus but wasn't positive and wasn't going to try to touch it to find out. But there was definitely something under that coral.

That looks like one arm of a brittle star. What dive site were you on?

October 2010 when our cruise stopped in Costa Maya, we did a beach break. My youngest daughter, 11 years old, was snorkeling, moved a rock and found a ring with a diamond in the middle and 7 rubies around it! I took it to a local jewelry store when I got home and they said it was worth around $350.00. I sure had one happy and lucky girl! She wanted us to keep it in our safe for when she is older. :)

I hope I'll get to check out some cool things when I go snorkeling for the first time this coming April. But thanks too this post it has taught me a few things, like not to wear jewelery (especially rings), watch out for live animals in the shells, look close and turn a few rocks over, and keep my short on.:p

The number is actually 33% larger in fresh water, and 34% larger in salt water.

The item being viewed appears 25% closer than its position. I can't believe I actually remember this from my PADI certification in 87' :D

Seriously??

you guys always get the easy way out huh....our behinds don't shrink just look bigger!!!

*sigh*

I hope I'll get to check out some cool things when I go snorkeling for the first time this coming April. But thanks too this post it has taught me a few things, like not to wear jewelery (especially rings), watch out for live animals in the shells, look close and turn a few rocks over, and keep my short on.:p

Do be careful when turning rocks; I learned as a child, snorkeling Catalina Island, California; not to be placing hands where you can't see whats there; those Morey Eels, or other things, can take one heck of a bite out of you! :eek:

Thank you for a GREAT thread. So nice - no complainers.

I am sailing on the Glory on Sunday and have learned a lot of good tips here. Hopefully next week I'll be telling you about the cool things I found. LOL

I agree completely, so refreshing isn't it! :D

Safe travels!

Do be careful when turning rocks; I learned as a child, snorkeling Catalina Island, California; not to be placing hands where you can't see whats there; those Morey Eels, or other things, can take one heck of a bite out of you! :eek:

I had a nasty runin with an octapus in the same fashion....

Archived