Magic Trans (boy it's a big ocean) Atlantic Review

capndinghy

Drat, he was just getting into the part I was following this review for. Namely I wanted to know how well a ship designed for cruising keeps people entertained on a crossing. So a thousand people can follow and enjoy a review but if the right person doesn't like it....zapp.

Anyway, in the meantime could someone who was there tell us how the ship handled activities? Was there more than usual?

Hello King!

From spouse of current emp at your former locale, and i'm a current employee of another across town ;)

we too hope and pray to avoid bk!

just wanted to say i'm enjoying your review. dh & I have talked about doing a crossing such as this and I just wasn't sure if i could handle it.

we don't mind (dare I say it?) older people....we just want FUN people to be onboard with. Not that i'm saying old people are not fun. i think you understand what i mean...

anyways, i'm glad to see people of all ages aboard and they all seem to be having fun....at least with your group anyways. I'm sure i'd rather have been a part of the friends in low places snipe group anyways. rude/snobby people just are no fun! :eek:

anyhoo, keep the review coming. I'm really loving it and love the pics! wish i could have been on this cruise with you. we would have had fun!

the elevator pictures are so sad. They need to put bumpers on then and or charge people for breaking them. If I break a window or glass in a building zi wold expect to be charged something

On the TA, the lights down the back of the elevator were being removed, and the glass on the back panel was replaced by plexiglass. Don't know if this is a permanent fix or not.

The lights in Chuck's pictures were hot, and very uncomfortable when you backed into them as the elevator filled up. Most of the elevators had bent light fixtures and broken glass when we got on the ship. At first I thought it was from the baggage carts, or the room service carts, or some other equipment, but Chuck is probably right about the runaway scooters.

This was not well thought out when the design was finalized, elevators don't need hard objects sticking out where people have to stand and move. Interior design 101. And for sure the wall doesn't need to be glass.

On the TA, the lights down the back of the elevator were being removed, and the glass on the back panel was replaced by plexiglass. Don't know if this is a permanent fix or not.

The lights in Chuck's pictures were hot, and very uncomfortable when you backed into them as the elevator filled up. Most of the elevators had bent light fixtures and broken glass when we got on the ship. At first I thought it was from the baggage carts, or the room service carts, or some other equipment, but Chuck is probably right about the runaway scooters.

This was not well thought out when the design was finalized, elevators don't need hard objects sticking out where people have to stand and move. Interior design 101. And for sure the wall doesn't need to be glass.

Hot lights are bad enough and need to be dealt with but the broken glass stuff is too much. I do not get how people do that and not feel bad.

Hot lights are bad enough and need to be dealt with but the broken glass stuff is too much. I do not get how people do that and not feel bad.

It's just an "OOPS!" "My Bad" or "Gee these brakes don't stop" And since it's not their home or place of business, it's "Oh, gee, what's a little crack. Carnival's got the bucks they'll repair it."

Well I noticed some users of the mobility scooters seemed to take great pleasure driving as fast expecting everyone to move. No wonder the elevators and furnishings suffer. I say this as observed on our recent cruise. Not lumping all mobility scooter users in this class just the rude ones

On Conquest last year a lady in a mobility scooter ran over my foot and then exclaimed that I should have made room for the handicapped.

The only problem was that I was SEATED in the main theatre and my feet were in front of me, not in the aisle, she simply just backed into me. My wife and I had seen her around the ship and based on her body type I would say the scooter was more of a choice than a requirement.

maybe on a cruise ship they need to put somthing on the scooter to make the max mph 3. I have had scooter run ins I ask what there handicap is. They get mad snippy and rude I reply well my husband visibly has a fake leg.... The look twice and they go away. My husband does not use a scooter. We take stairs, he does not limp and with his cloths you have to be looking to realize his leg is not real ( nice skin and tailoring job by the Prosthetic maker ) We are also on the young side too. It is fun to fluster people.

maybe on a cruise ship they need to put somthing on the scooter to make the max mph 3. I have had scooter run ins I ask what there handicap is. They get mad snippy and rude I reply well my husband visibly has a fake leg.... The look twice and they go away. My husband does not use a scooter. We take stairs, he does not limp and with his cloths you have to be looking to realize his leg is not real ( nice skin and tailoring job by the Prosthetic maker ) We are also on the young side too. It is fun to fluster people.

Gee- that just seems rather rude. And good for your husband that he doesn't need a scooter. Generally people aren't paying the extra money for a scooter just to run into you. You seem to be suggesting that people using them are somehow faking it or running a scam. Perhaps when you are not "on the young side" you will undertand. Getting old is not for the faint of heart.

we don't mind (dare I say it?) older people....we just want FUN people to be onboard with. Not that i'm saying old people are not fun. i think you understand what i mean...

anyways, i'm glad to see people of all ages aboard and they all seem to be having fun....at least with your group anyways. I'm sure i'd rather have been a part of the friends in low places snipe group anyways. rude/snobby people just are no fun! :eek:

I don't mind young people on a cruise as long as they behave and are not annoying anyone. I love young people and get along with them ( I used to be young):) but when they show no respect for their fellow cruisers I'd rather be somewhere else.

I did some things with the cc group and never heard any of them being rude/snobby. I wasn't with them all the time, I'm the kind of person that likes to do her own thing a lot. The one's we were with were so much fun, I laughed so much when we were with them they were fun-loving people. Just saying you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

Gee- that just seems rather rude. And good for your husband that he doesn't need a scooter. Generally people aren't paying the extra money for a scooter just to run into you. You seem to be suggesting that people using them are somehow faking it or running a scam. Perhaps when you are not "on the young side" you will undertand. Getting old is not for the faint of heart.

Getting old is not all bad. There are many people in my moms building that walk more than me on a average day. But running into people, running over feet and crashing into elevators is just plain rude. And yes there are many people who just do not want to walk and would rather rent a scooter. And me being rude. I just ask a question. where is the answer? Why can they be rude and try and cut lines but I can not ask a questions? Unless you are hearing impaired what does it matter where you sit in a lounge. What does it matter where you are in line? It does not. And truthfully sitting while in line is better than standing. My husband legs has bothered him on more than one occasion and I do not see people move, get up or offer him a seat so why should people with scooters have different rules. A lot of the people who use them do not care where they go and whose feet they run over. They say oops disabled. Sorry not good enough. In the real world. I give up my seat for elderly and have for women who are pregnant on trains and waiting rooms. I am not a mean person but. Why should people be able to cut lines because they have a scooter?

I don't mind young people on a cruise as long as they behave and are not annoying anyone. I love young people and get along with them ( I used to be young):) but when they show no respect for their fellow cruisers I'd rather be somewhere else.

I did some things with the cc group and never heard any of them being rude/snobby. I wasn't with them all the time, I'm the kind of person that likes to do her own thing a lot. The one's we were with were so much fun, I laughed so much when we were with them they were fun-loving people. Just saying you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

Age does not matter as long as everyone is having fun and respecting each other and there space.

Getting old is not all bad. There are many people in my moms building that walk more than me on a average day. But running into people, running over feet and crashing into elevators is just plain rude. I completely agree! And yes there are many people who just do not want to walk and would rather rent a scooter. Well- not sure where you get this. Are there some? For sure. But many? Not so sure about that. And me being rude. I just ask a question. where is the answer? Why can they be rude and try and cut lines but I can not ask a questions? Would you have considered people asking your husband what his handicap was rude? Or if he is having problems with his leg? Unless you are hearing impaired what does it matter where you sit in a lounge. What does it matter where you are in line? It does not. And truthfully sitting while in line is better than standing. My husband legs has bothered him on more than one occasion and I do not see people move, get up or offer him a seat so why should people with scooters have different rules. A lot of the people who use them do not care where they go and whose feet they run over. They say oops disabled. Stupid thing to say- I'm so sorry goes a long way. I have had to use a scooter on occassion and I am not a great driver. But I am embarrassed and apologetic if I run into someone. But these people probably had bad manners without the scooter too. Sorry not good enough. In the real world. I give up my seat for elderly and have for women who are pregnant on trains and waiting rooms. I am not a mean person but. Why should people be able to cut lines because they have a scooter?They shouldn't. I again competely agree with you.

Are some people rude? Yes. Is it right? No. But I once learned that two wrongs don't make a right. And it may be that what it sounds like you do is not really what it comes out like in the real world. What it sounds like is you confronting them in a way which suggests that you don't believe they need the scooter.

Getting old is not all bad. There are many people in my moms building that walk more than me on a average day. But running into people, running over feet and crashing into elevators is just plain rude. And yes there are many people who just do not want to walk and would rather rent a scooter. And me being rude. I just ask a question. where is the answer? Why can they be rude and try and cut lines but I can not ask a questions? Unless you are hearing impaired what does it matter where you sit in a lounge. What does it matter where you are in line? It does not. And truthfully sitting while in line is better than standing. My husband legs has bothered him on more than one occasion and I do not see people move, get up or offer him a seat so why should people with scooters have different rules. A lot of the people who use them do not care where they go and whose feet they run over. They say oops disabled. Sorry not good enough. In the real world. I give up my seat for elderly and have for women who are pregnant on trains and waiting rooms. I am not a mean person but. Why should people be able to cut lines because they have a scooter?

Nicely said.

Archived