How many diapers for a 7 day cruise?

lrowe70

We normally use cloth diapers on our 6 month old son, but will get some disposibles for our cruise.

How many diapers do kids use in a week? Since he's been using the same 30 diapers for months I have no idea how to plan for this, I'm scared we will run out.

I too use cloth at home, but we have used disposables while in the midst of moving. They say that you tend to change cloth more often that disposable, but I haven't found that to be the case.

For my up coming cruise I was planning on 10 diapers a day (I generally use 7-8 a day), for 8 days for my 13 month old. But, the boxes of diapers they sell generally have 100 - 120. I found that one box was a better deal than 3 packs of 30 or so, plus I can have the box delivered right to our hotel using diapers.com.

We also use cloth and I have found that generally I change about 8 times per day, but I want to be prepared just in case DS ends up with diarrhea so we are bringing 12 per day with an extra 3 days worth. Hopefully this will be way more than what we will need, but I don't want to run out.

Unless you are going on a Transatlantic, you should be able to find baby supplies at most of the ports. We always seemed to run out of something or other with our toddler (who is 27 months and going on his 4th cruise in January) and we've never had problems finding what we need on shore.

One thing you can't rely on is supplies on the ship, so you definitely need to pack enough to get you through the at-sea days.

Also, make sure you bring swim diapers. While the baby won't be allowed in the pool, you'll probably find some water activity for him or her and nothing is grosser than a plain diaper when it gets soaking wet.:)

I'd plan for 10/day at that age which I know would be overkill but would be a sufficient back up. We're down to more like 6/day with our toddler but I think I'll still plan for 8/day just to be safe!

Thanks for the suggestions. Since cloth is 'free' I change him pretty often, about once an hour when just doing chores around the house. So I'm not sure counting his daily changes will be accurate.

Thanks for the tip on swim diapers and diapers.com I hadn't thought of either of those.

Archived