Past Guest pin collectors

beachbum53

I did find the Miracle pins on Ebay, but I've never seen the Fantasy. The last couple of cruises I have been buying them in the gift shops because they stopped giving them out. But for some reason, I forgot to get them on the Miracle (must of been the bucket of beers fault!). Another 82 days and I'll be able to get one on the Glory! :D

I do have an extra Inspiration to trade if any one is interested. :rolleyes:

Paul

I have extra Miracle, please e-me (addy near the signature, just form it to send)

For anyone interested in trading or getting more info, visit this thread. Lots of great people with great pin history stories etc.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=31440352#post31440352

I am looking for one of those new no name pins if anyone has one to trade or sell reasonably

We have them on our backpack....so folks only see them when we are getting on the ship initially and then when we are getting off and back on at the ports.

We have had folks that we are standing in line with to get off the ship ask us about the port since they see all the pins....they assume we have been there before (which 99% of the time they are right)....

We have a second set in a shadow box that we keep at home...

I have put one pin on my lapel on my suite before. I would have liked to collect them. But Carnival stopped giving them away. Now it is a ship magnet of each ship and a magnet from each port we went to. I am missing one from Costa Maya and need to get the updated Liberty magnet.

I saw on eBay someone was selling the rare Carnival Breeze pin. It must be rare. The ship hasn’t even sailed yet. :eek:

Anyone have a complete set of ships on a stick? ;)

Edited by near the beach

Love these boards, great information! My sister and daughter were looking forward to getting their pins at the past guest party. They were so disappointed that Carnival quit giving them out. My sister marched down to the gift shop and bought them each one. They played by the rules and didn't get one on their first cruises since it was something special to be a past guest. Now I'm wondering if I should try to find pins from Destiny and Elation so they will have a pin from their first cruise. We do have our collections from our travels, sister is magnets and I collect spoons. The only rule is we have to actually travel to these places to get them. Everybody knows not to bring back these things for us if we can't go on a trip.

I am liking the iron on transfers of the ships, that is giving me some really neat ideas for my next cruise! Thanks.

Okay, I want to be sure I have this straight. (Sorry, I am a slow learner.). And, I am not referring to platinum pins.

1. Carnival used to give out free pins at PG parties but now does not, correct?

2. You may purchase ship pins in the gift shop now, correct? Are these the small gold

tone pins with the ship's name engraved?

I am asking because I purchased pins on my first two cruises. On our Dream cruise there were no pins with the ship's name. I may have missed them somewhere though I did ask in the gift shop.

I purchase pins at special events and all our travels. I believe I saw some really neat display ideas/frames on Etsy but they were rather expensive.

Okay, I want to be sure I have this straight. (Sorry, I am a slow learner.). And, I am not referring to platinum pins.

1. Carnival used to give out free pins at PG parties but now does not, correct?

2. You may purchase ship pins in the gift shop now, correct? Are these the small gold

tone pins with the ship's name engraved?

I am asking because I purchased pins on my first two cruises. On our Dream cruise there were no pins with the ship's name. I may have missed them somewhere though I did ask in the gift shop.

I purchase pins at special events and all our travels. I believe I saw some really neat display ideas/frames on Etsy but they were rather expensive.

1. Correct - no more pins at past guest party.

2. Correct - so far I have seen the gold ship pin with the ships name on it on the ships I have sailed on in the gift shops. None of the red funnel pins as before are sold.

Edited by Cinderose

Thanks, why did I get free 1 on 2nd cruise? For 2nd cruise only?

This pins used to be given out to all past guests. You received them with your past guest party invitations. Starting around Fall of 2009, they changed the program from ALL past guest to Platinum guests only. There was little announcement to this, and a lot of confusion. We still get them as Platinum with out past guest invitations. The only ship we didn't get one was on the Magic which we cruised on twice. The did not make a Magic pin (except the different style one for sale in the gift shop) but made a generic "Platinum cruiser" pin instead. There is someone selling knockoff ones on Ebay which is why there are a few Magic ones around that look like the others. They also have a Breeze one which hasn't even sailed yet. Never could figure out why Carnival allows them to sell counterfeit ones on Ebay.

It was our understanding that due to complaints, they were going to produce Magic pins like the others and they would be available for Platinum guest like the others. As of the TA, we were still getting the "platinum cruiser" pins on the Magic

I saw on eBay someone was selling the rare Carnival Breeze pin. It must be rare. The ship hasn’t even sailed yet. :eek:

There is another Thread about pins and the experts on that thread determined that the Breeze along with ALL the pins that guy had for sale were Fakes!!! People were paying Big Prices and getting less than expected.. He also had a Magic Pin listed that doesnt exist because Carnival hasnt made any.

I am trying to get my friends collection completed for Christmas so if anyone has a Fascination 2000 or undated, Destiny or Jubilee for sale or trade I have some pins I will trade.. :)

Edited by pjtulsa

• 2 years later...