Favorite Beach

Milwaukee Girl

Is there a resort fee to use the facilties???? How much to rent chairs or this hut thingy????

Thanks,

The Amsterdam Manor is right across the street from the main part of Eagle Beach (our favorite beach along with Manchebo). They have a bar on the beach which is available to everyone on a cash basis. You can also walk across the road and eat at their restaurant (nothing great) which is next to their pool complex. Technically, the pool and facilities are reserved for the hotel residents (nobody will stop you from walking around the pool area) and you would probably run into a problem if you tried to use their chairs without having a resort towel. As to the beach, there is a vendor that does rent chairs/loungers on the beach for cash.

Hank

The Amsterdam Manor is right across the street from the main part of Eagle Beach (our favorite beach along with Manchebo). They have a bar on the beach which is available to everyone on a cash basis. You can also walk across the road and eat at their restaurant (nothing great) which is next to their pool complex. Technically, the pool and facilities are reserved for the hotel residents (nobody will stop you from walking around the pool area) and you would probably run into a problem if you tried to use their chairs without having a resort towel. As to the beach, there is a vendor that does rent chairs/loungers on the beach for cash.

Hank

Thanks, what is the rough cost on the rental on loungers on the beach??

Steve

Another vote for Eagle Beach, though the only relatively inexpensive drinks are the ones you bring with you.

How expensive are the drinks and beers at Eagle beach?

I would imagine it would be less than on the ship?

Does the bus stop in front of the supermarket and can anyone point out the best place to stop and stock up?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, what is the rough cost on the rental on loungers on the beach??

Steve

Hello I just did this Im not sure how much the beers were, I drank Amstel Brights almost all day and my bar tab with lunch came to around $45.00 at the beach bar. The bus can drop you off in front of one of the supermarkets I saw several on our way out to Eagle, I kinda wished I had stopped in and picked up a few things.

Yes you can rent palapas but they go fast not sure of the price everyone I saw was taken, mostly by cruise ship passengers like myself, I got a nice lounge chair with 2 Amsterdam Manor Resort towels for $10 best ticket on the island. Hope that helps Todd

The palapas are also used by hotel guests. Depending on when you go, there is no guarantee that there will be any available. The winter season is very crowded with tourists, staying on the island. This is a hotel/resort, first and foremost, that caters to their own guests. They rent to cruisers if they have anything available, but there is no guarantee that you will find anything, regardless of what time you arrive.

Where is the best beach in Aruba, to stay in the shade? I don't want to burn, so I'd like to be under a palm tree most of the time. :)
Your best option is to pay to rent an umbrella from a vendor for shade. There are not many spots where there are an abundance of palm trees on the beaches.

Where is the best beach in Aruba, to stay in the shade? I don't want to burn, so I'd like to be under a palm tree most of the time. :)

If you check back through some of the threads, you will find names of some of the hotels that rent loungers and palapas when they have some available. If you don't find any, there are some divi trees along the beach that provide shade. We sit under them when we can't get a palapa, and they work pretty well. They are not everywhere, but are spread out along the beach. I'm not sure how many there are on Palm Beach because we always stay on Eagle Beach. However, there are more places that rent loungers,etc. on Palm Beach.

Your best option is to pay to rent an umbrella from a vendor for shade. There are not many spots where there are an abundance of palm trees on the beaches.

Ok, thought so. Those umbrellas sure are hard to get through airport security! :rolleyes:

Ok, thought so. Those umbrellas sure are hard to get through airport security! :rolleyes:

Ha! Only trouble with those umbrellas is they break into pieces with the very strong winds. So no worries about TSA, the umbrella won't do you any good, even if you could get it there.

Ha! Only trouble with those umbrellas is they break into pieces with the very strong winds.

We have a large beach umbrella for use here on the southern California beaches. Had to buy a beach anchor though, so it would stay put!

Do the rental umbrellas come with anchors?

On the subject of beaches, though they were not there in June when we were at Arashi beach, I read on another forum today that there is now a "porta-potty" at Arashi as well as vendors renting chaise lounges.

Yes, the Certified grocery store sells alcohol and is easy to get to on the way to the beach. Just tell the bus driver to let you off there. If you are looking for beer and wine, the stores next to Certified sell that also. There is a bus stop in front of the grocery stores. You will need to board another bus after you shop. It is too far to walk from there. Be sure to check with the driver to make sure he is going to the beaches, so you don't get on the wrong bus.

On the subject of beaches, though they were not there in June when we were at Arashi beach, I read on another forum today that there is now a "porta-potty" at Arashi as well as vendors renting chaise lounges.

Geez! We hope this is not true. Arashi is one of our favorite beachs on the island (our favorite for snorkeling) and we want it left unspoiled. Once they have venders and chairs the place will be ruined! But the porto potty would be a welcome addition :)

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

• Taxi $15 from port plus tip
  • Radisson (Palm Beach) day pass for two $36 - the day pass gave us a palapa, two lounges, two towels, beach service, access to clean bathrooms, use of all pools, and the most important thing...when the rain started to pour (and it did pour), hotel security was in place to stop people who did not belong to the hotel from entering the hotel. We showed our day pass card and breezed by security.
  • Concierge called a taxi for us to return to the port. (FYI - taxi won't take you if you're damp...was told that if the seat was damp we would have to pay $50 extra to compensate him for lost fares.
  • The beach was very clean. Nice shells if you're a collector...a starfish washed up on shore...it was still allive so we put it back in the surf.

For those who think $36 is pricey...the beach vendor was $35 for two not so nice chairs, a beach umbrella, and a float...public bathrooms were at the Dunkin Donuts.

Go early, as availablity depends on how full the hotel is. We emailed in well in advance and again before we left Fort Lauderdale, to confirm,we would have access to he facility.

We spent five wonderful hours on the beach...and plan to go back next February with my eldest son and his girlfriend.

We stay at the Hyatt Regency just up the walk from the Radisson--I love Gilligan's for lunch--if you eat there I believe that the gratuity is included--be sure to look--some places do it that way.

Have fun

Nancy:D:D

Archived