Favorite Beach

Milwaukee Girl

Aruba is the first stop on our upcoming cruise and, of course, we want to make the most of it with a great beach day.

Does anyone have a favorite beach on the island? We are just looking for a relaxing place with perhaps a shack or two where we can get relatively inexpensive drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and enjoy being in the Caribbean.

Let me know what your favorite beach is and why.

This will help me a lot,

Colleen

Eagle beach at the Amsterdam Manor would suit your needs with the exception of "relatively inexpensive drinks" depending upon your own expectations.

You can always bring a soft sided cooler and bring your own beverages from the ship or make a quick stop at the supermarket along the way.

• 2 weeks later...
Eagle beach at the Amsterdam Manor would suit your needs with the exception of "relatively inexpensive drinks" depending upon your own expectations.

You can always bring a soft sided cooler and bring your own beverages from the ship or make a quick stop at the supermarket along the way.

I just spent the day on Eagle Beach in Aruba at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Bar(food and service were second to none) while on the Emerald, my lawn chair was $10 all day on a beach and water that were GREAT!!! The chicken pannini sandwich with goat cheese GRILLED and fries for $10 was AWESOME!! Drank Amstel "Brights" all day on Eagle Beach, Aruba just keeps getting better one of my FAVORITE islands, ummm thats why Im going back next year to the SAME SPOT.;)

Took the city bus roundtrip for $2.60 only way to go. Wonderful day on Aruba for a very reasonable price, on your way back stop in Iguana Joe's head upstairs to the bar and drink "several mojito's" cant drink just one. Aruba best time ever, nothing but fun. Took this airbrushed to oblivion bus with no windows and ALL stereo back to town never laughed so hard in my life, me I hate leaving that island. Hope that helps Todd

I just spent the day on Eagle Beach in Aruba at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Bar(food and service were second to none) while on the Emerald, my lawn chair was $10 all day on a beach and water that were GREAT!!! The chicken pannini sandwich with goat cheese GRILLED and fries for $10 was AWESOME!! Drank Amstel "Brights" all day on Eagle Beach, Aruba just keeps getting better one of my FAVORITE islands, ummm thats why Im going back next year to the SAME SPOT.;)

Took the city bus roundtrip for $2.60 only way to go. Wonderful day on Aruba for a very reasonable price, on your way back stop in Iguana Joe's head upstairs to the bar and drink "several mojito's" cant drink just one. Aruba best time ever, nothing but fun. Took this airbrushed to oblivion bus with no windows and ALL stereo back to town never laughed so hard in my life, me I hate leaving that island. Hope that helps Todd

Thanks, we were considering Eagle Beach or Palm Beach. I think you made our decision easier.

Colleen

We agree with the Eagle Beach recommendations. Having spent a few vacations on the island we really dislike the more popular Palm Beach which we often find overcrowded and too commercial. Our favorite snorkel beach is Arashi...which is in a residential area and has no facilities other then a few picnic tables.

Hank

Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to take a cab to Eagle beach? Are there cabs at the port? Where would we catch the bus to this beach?

Oranjestad to Eagle beach is $11 each way for a maximum of 5 people per vehicle. There is a charge of an additional $3 each way on Sunday and holidays.

Bus info -- easy to get to the bus terminal from the cruise ship terminal, anyone can point you in the direction

Does anyone know the name of the beach that is supposed to be very shallow and allows you to walk for a very long time without ever going above your chest in water depth? Someone told my DH about it and also said that it has high winds?

Thanks,

Connie

Does anyone know the name of the beach that is supposed to be very shallow and allows you to walk for a very long time without ever going above your chest in water depth? Someone told my DH about it and also said that it has high winds?

Thanks,

Connie

Baby beach is known for being very shallow, hence its name.

I have never heard though the complaint of it being windier than many other parts of the island.

Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to take a cab to Eagle beach? Are there cabs at the port? Where would we catch the bus to this beach?

The bus station is right outside the port,(go straight) walk across the street, to the LEFT just look you cant miss all the buses in the lot, buy a roundtrip ticket for $2.60. If the bus(Beaches,Hotels,Resorts) is not there it will be soon its not a long wait I almost missed it. All the bus does is make one big circle, Eagle Beach is the second or third stop just tell the bus driver you want out at Eagle(no problemo), and he'll drop you right off at the Amsterdam Manor Resort, and your hooked up for the day you'll figure out the rest. Great bar, Nice people beach was perfect. Didnt want to leave. Hope that helps Todd

Are there rest rooms and umbrellas at Eagle Beach?

Yep, there are rest rooms as well as like these hut thingys you can rent I had no interest in being in the shade so I just rented a lawn chair caught rays and drank all day, simply wonderful.

Weather and water were great really liked the vibe on the beach, and at the Amsterdam Manor Beach bar, bar was busy, beach wasnt;) a really nice day. I should be back at this beach next 12/4 when we port in Aruba on the Grand Princess. Also highly recommend a stop on the way back to the ship at Iguana Joe's for a mojito they were wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious, is it difficult to get to Baby beach? It looks beautiful. And, are there restrooms and places to get food and drinks?

Thanks.

Baby beach is at the southern tip of the island. It is not accessible by public bus. You would need to rent a car or get there by taxi. Taxi is $38 each way. Renting a car for the day is much less expensive.

There is a pay as you go porta-potty and snack stand. There are a few "free" shade palapas and a vendor who rents chaises and cabanas.

Weather and water were great really liked the vibe on the beach, and at the Amsterdam Manor Beach bar, bar was busy, beach wasnt;) a really nice day. I should be back at this beach next 12/4 when we port in Aruba on the Grand Princess. Also highly recommend a stop on the way back to the ship at Iguana Joe's for a mojito they were wonderful.

Is there a resort fee to use the facilties???? How much to rent chairs or this hut thingy????

Thanks,

Archived