Allure shore excursions in St. Thomas

mapltc

Has anyone taken one of the shore excursions from St. Thomas to St. John? We want to take one of the leisure shopping tours but were wondering if the ferry they used left right from the ship where it is docked in Crown Bay or did they transport you to the public ferry?

Our concern is that if they transport you to the public ferry, it probably wouldn't be worth the extra $ since you are not saving any time.

Has anyone taken one of the shore excursions from St. Thomas to St. John? We want to take one of the leisure shopping tours but were wondering if the ferry they used left right from the ship where it is docked in Crown Bay or did they transport you to the public ferry?

Our concern is that if they transport you to the public ferry, it probably wouldn't be worth the extra $ since you are not saving any time.

Yes, we have done this while docking in Crown Bay but off Celebrity Solstice....the ferry leaves right from where the ship docks. I have also been there on Oasis and have seen the tour depart from the same dock.

Is it worth taking the ferry from Crown Bay to see St. John? What is there to see?

We've never been there and have nothing planned for our next trip to St. Thomas.

Yes....St John is beautiful....go over to Trunk Bay... gorgeous beach.

There is no need to take a "tour" to shop! Just walk or hop in a cab to get to the shopping district....at your leisure!

Yes... St. John is worth the time, if you want to see the most gorgeous beaches....the clearest, warmest waters....it's like nothing you'll see at ANY U.S. beach!!!! If you aren't "into" beaches, then it's not really worth the trip, but if you are...oh my...you're in for a treat!

St. John is beautiful! Trunk Bay is a beautiful beach and has a neat underwater snorkeling trail. We went a few years ago and loved it. If I recall correctly, it takes a lot of time--45 min or so ferry, plus taxi ride, then you get to the beach. I think that we were gone for about 6-7 hours.

There is no need to take a "tour" to shop! Just walk or hop in a cab to get to the shopping district....at your leisure!

Yes... St. John is worth the time, if you want to see the most gorgeous beaches....the clearest, warmest waters....it's like nothing you'll see at ANY U.S. beach!!!! If you aren't "into" beaches, then it's not really worth the trip, but if you are...oh my...you're in for a treat!

This tour get's you on a charted ferry right from Crown Bay to St John and offers the longest amount of time in St John. The tour is very reasonable...only a few more $'s than if you were to do it on your own and a LOT easier. If you don't want to take the shopping tour...you don't have to...they really don't care...you can go free on your own as soon as you get there...it's really just a mode of transportation to St John and back....free rum punch on the ride back also:D

Archived