Making contact with home

constansl

Crud --- I have a 2 year old, who is exhausting and wonderful. On a whim, I called my sister-in-law to make plans to keep my daughter and booked a 3N cruise. The thought of lingering over coffee, reading a book on the deck -- I couldn't resist -- It is only 3Ns and I have been away from my daughter for longer times due to business, but none the less, I am getting very anxious about leaving her. On my business trips, she has stayed home with her father and I was able to skype and call at least once, if not more often through the day. But he is coming with -- Hopefully, once I am on the cruise, I will be to happy to be anxious.

But I am wondering about contact - that little assurance that every things okay. My sister-in-law raised two fabulous girls who are now young adults. i know my daughter is safe with her, but I am feeling like I will be so unreachable -- And it has been a long time since my sister-in-law had a 2 year old to worry about. EIYE -- Tell me it will be okay ---

What is the best way to keep contact with home? Is it just the internet or are there better options? I have an iphone, if their are choices for that, but I chose this cruise for the affordability, so I don't want to go too crazy.

Most cruise ships now offer the ability to call using your iPhone. Just check with your carrier to be sure you are set up for this and to confirm price. Normally it is around S2.49 per minute before taxes. Be sure that your data roaming is off.

Also e mail is a great way to keep in contact with your sister in law.

Keith

It will be more than ok.....you trust your sister and she loves your daughter. No worries! Leave HER the emergency phone # for the ship...should anything happen that they NEED you for, they'll call YOU!

Sure, you can call...it just may cost a few bucks...not a huge deal in the scheme of things!

E-mail is the cheapest way, but have no fear...in case of emergency, they will call you!

If you or her just want to check in, start a thread on Currently Onboard on Carnival.com. Like CC it is a public forum and you need to be signed up to post. It is free to use onboard.

To get there it's Carnival.com-Forums-User groups-Currently Onboard.

For a true emergency she can contact the ship.

Internet is available almost all the time on the ship. Your cellphone will work in port. There is an emergency number to make shore to ship calls which is very expensive but can be used by your SIL in a pinch. You will NOT be out of touch and I think your SIL is absolutely a wonderful person for volunteering to care for your daughter for you for 3 days. I hope you treat her to a nice gift or spa certificate when you get back from your cruise for her thoughtfulness. I am sure your daughter will be fine and if there is any problem at all, your SIL will take care of it. You are incredibly fortunate to have such a wonderful SIL to support you!

Archived