Cape Liberty parking suggestions

tanelicus

Does anybody have any suggestions for parking in Bayonne? Is the cruise terminal the only place or are there other options?

Are there hotels that let you keep your car there if you rent a room with them?

Any suggestions would be great.

There is only one place to park at Cape Liberty. There are two hotels on Staten Island - Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn & Suites - that have free shuttle to the port. they are right next to each other, owned by the same person. use the same shuttle. EM

Here's the link to the East Coast Departures message board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Lots of info there on parking at Bayonne, hotels with cruise parking, etc. We drove down last July for our Summit cruise and ended up parking right at the pier with no issues, it was quick and easy, especially for departure when we're eager to get on the road. Lots of other cruisers have different ideas, however.

We were there a month ago and stayed at the Springhill Suites which was nice. They let you park your car for up to 14 days for free with the hotel package. They don't provide a shuttle but we booked one with independant drivers which is $20pp each way for 2 people or $10pp if you have 4 or more.

We booked our park and stay package with Trinity reservations http://www.trinityreservations.com/ and it was about $130 or so for the night. We paid Trinity and when we got the invoice from the hotel it said the price was $89, I'm not naive and I understand that Trinity has to make money from this I just think next time I'll call the hotel directly and see if I can negotiate a better deal for myself.

Even with the hotel price and the shuttle it still worked out cheaper than paying (19 x 12) $228 for parking at the pier, although there is the convenience of just hopping in your car and leaving at the end of the cruise.

Cutiepie, did you have any problems with the shuttle? Drop off or pick up? Did they come for you right away or did you have to wait?

Also, were you able to find 2 others to travel with you to share the fare?

That hotel looks very nice and I agree, beats paying $228 for parking, especially when you need to stay overnight.

Thanks!

Parking at the pier is $19.50 per day including taxe

Of course this is expensive but convient. Parking lot is right nexy to terminsl.

Alternative is to stay at one of the hotels in Newrak. Some travel agents have a good deal where you pay for one night at hotel, usually discounted and free parking for x-number of nights, usually 12 or 14.

They mostly offer shuttle transportation to the pier at a cost of about $20. to $30 roundtrip.

The following are examples

Best Western

Newark Airport West

101 International Drive

Newark, NJ 07114

Hotel Room:

Rates are per room, per night, max 4 adults + 1child, ROH. C.P. included. (Times may vary.) Hotel is a non-smoking building.

Parking While You're Away:

Up to 10 days - Additional parking is approximately $10.95 per day, payable to the hotel at check-in. Clients must register vehicle and ask hotel where to park. Clients must leave their keys with front desk while they're away. Keys are locked up and monitored 24 hours per day.

Transfers to and from Airport:

24 hours - Hotel will transfer clients to Airport Airtrain Station P-4. The Airtrain will take clients from Station P-4 to their terminal. Clients should allow an extra 20-30 minutes for this service.

Cape Liberty Cruise Port Transfers!

Hotel provides transfers to and from Cape Liberty Cruise Port (Bayonne) from 10am to 12pm. A fee of approximately $25 per person (round trip) applies and is payable to the hotel at check in. Clients must sign up for transfers at check in. If clients need transfers to or from the pier, please indicate in the "Notes" section of the booking page.

01-01-11 thru 12-31-12

All Days $130.00

tax & service fees

+ $24.19

$154.19

Country Inn & Suites

Newark Airport

100 Glimcher Realty Way

Elizabeth, NJ 07201

Hotel Room:

Rates are per room, per night, max 4 people, ROH. C.P. included. (Times may vary.) Hotel is a non-smoking building.

Parking While You're Away:

Up to 2 weeks

Transfers to and from Airport:

24 hours - Hotel will transfer clients to Airport Airtrain Station P-4. The Airtrain will take clients from Station P-4 to their terminal. Clients should allow an extra 20-30 minutes for this service.

Cape Liberty Cruise Port Transfers!

Hotel's 3rd party shuttle service provides transfers to and from Cape Liberty Cruise Port (Bayonne) for a fee of approximately $35 per person, round trip (2 person minimum). If only 1 person is being transferred, a fee of $70 applies. Fees are payable to the hotel at check in. Clients must sign up for transfers at check in. If clients need transfers to or from the pier, please indicate in the "Notes" section of the booking page.

12-01-11 thru 03-31-13

All Days

$122.00

tax & service fees

+ $30.39

$152.39

Guest maddycat

[aquote=TWELVEOHONE;31591981]Parking at the pier is $19.50 per day including tax

Parking at the pier is $19 a day paid when you arrive in either cash or with a credit card.

We stay in Elizabeth. The Country Hill Inn & Suites has cruise and park packages. They have a shutttle to the port and were on time to pick us up after the cruise. There are several hotels there in a cluster very close to shopping and several rstaurants. Check out Elizabeth, NJ hotels.

We found it less expensive to park, sleep, have included breakfast and get shuttled to the port than just parking at the port.

We stay in Elizabeth. The Country Hill Inn & Suites has cruise and park packages. They have a shutttle to the port and were on time to pick us up after the cruise. There are several hotels there in a cluster very close to shopping and several rstaurants. Check out Elizabeth, NJ hotels.

We found it less expensive to park, sleep, have included breakfast and get shuttled to the port than just parking at the port.

But the 7-night parking and 1 night hotel is $179.00 according to their web site. TA package is $152.

Plus $35.00 shuttle to pier

The Country Inn has a park n cruise but the rate tends to be high as not ALL items are included...

do NOT stay at the Best Western...it is NOT a nice hotel and is in an inconvenient, less safe area near the airport....

again, check the east coast board...there is a HUGE thread about cape liberty..you can also read thru my blog (link below)

i tend to stay in Elizabeth at one of the hotels on Glmicher Realty Way as they are 1) easier to get to, 2) more isolated-read: a little farther away from the airport, thus less likely to attract trouble...3) they have secured, patrolled (at night, by the Elizabeth PD) parking....and 4) there are a couple eating options, as well as http://www.jerseygardens.com

(however, there is NOTHING nearby with regards to last minute stuff, wine, etc...but we can direct you if needed...)

I just stayed at the Residence Inn on a park n fly, and booked http://www.blackexecutivecars.com to/from the pier...(i live 40 minutes away...i still stay over!)

trinity reservations and stay 123 book blocks of rooms ahead, that's why you get such a great deal. one of my friends has used those sites in the past, and many other CCers have too.....

hope that helps..again, pop over to the east coast board!

Cutiepie, did you have any problems with the shuttle? Drop off or pick up? Did they come for you right away or did you have to wait?

Also, were you able to find 2 others to travel with you to share the fare?

That hotel looks very nice and I agree, beats paying $228 for parking, especially when you need to stay overnight.

Thanks!

We were a little frustrated with the shuttle on the way to the cruise terminal. We only booked as a pair so it was going to pay $20 each and we were set up for 11am, we were down and waiting early so they offered to squeeze us in with the people that were leaving at 10. We said sure, why not. When we got to the pier we still had to pay $20pp when the four others had to pay $10 each. Kinda frustrating since we were on the same shuttle and we saved the driver another trip at 11am.

On the way back they have a taxi/shuttle stand at the terminal and we just jumped on one of those for about $16pp, it was easier than trying to arrange a time to get picked up because you never know what time you'll get off of the ship.

We were there a month ago and stayed at the Springhill Suites which was nice. .

We did the same in September, used Trinity and Independent Driver as well.

I have a concern with transportation however... equipment was older and I'm concerned about the liability of the company if something were to happen.

Archived