NCL Epic - Transatlantic May 2011, Late Photo Review

fireflies

Love the photos. I will be going on the 2012 April transatlantic and had a few questions if you don't mind.

1. I notice photos of people with shorts on. Was the entire cruise "shorts" worthy temperatures?

2. Did you visit the ice bar? If so, any photos?

3. Is the comedy club free?

4. Did you have any problems getting tickets for the Cirque Dinner show? Blue Man Show?

5. Where the specialty restaurants filled most nights? Did they have any type specials if you eat at multiple specialty restaurants?

6. What was the average age on the TA? We had completed 8 transatlantics and find the average age about 70 ish. From your photos it looked like a younger crowd?

7. Only port of call - Azores. Did you do a ship tour? If so which one? If not who did you use or was there a lot to see just walking off the cruise?

8. Did you attend a meet & greet? If so how many people? Was drinks and appetizers served?

9. What is the "slime" show? I saw one photo with several people sitting on stand with buckets next to them. What was that? Where did you see the dueling pianos at?

Thanks in advance for the answers

sdmike + kitsVA + KandJCruising - "All the memories, how can we make it back there, back there, I want be there again" :)

laurenpie - thanxs, we were almost on the same sailing, Breeze in November but we went with RCI instead. hope the new look Breeze is wicked.

Scott2.0 + ColinIllinois - hope you have a great cruise next month.

Denmom - Sorry i don't do the detailed planning parts of the cruise, but i'll try my best to answer.

1. Remember it being pretty warm throughout the day, not crazy hot for mid May. Evening is cooler and there are breezy days for sure.

2. Didn't make it to the ice bar.

3. Yup, the comedy club was free. We saw 2 shows, the standard offering and the encore adult theme show later in the cruise where they let loose a little.

4. We've seen Cirque before so we skipped it. Think we booked ahead so Blueman wasn't a problem, didn't try to catch a second show. Think it wasn't jam packed.

5. Overall, not super crowded at the specialty restaurants. We ate early (time and cruising schedule) at Moderno and there were only a couple of tables. Ate later so La Cucina and Le Bistro were both steady with diners. Wasn't a struggle to book them i think. No multiple dining discount for our crossing.

6. Average age around 40-45. We had some college kids, younger couples and some families. Nothing like the Celebrity transatlantic where it was definitely an older demographic.

7. Didn't do a ship excursion. There is stuff to see; some shops/small indoor mall/town square but not sure if i would say there was a lot to see just walking off.

8. We didn't go to the meet & greet, but we did a cabin crawl so we were able to see the Studio and Epic Lounge area

9. It's a pretty fun show. From Nickelodeon fame i think, where 2 families compete in team challenges/stunts and answer questions based on Nickelodeon programming. One of the families gets the privilege of being "slimed". Geared for families but anyone can go and it's a good time even if you don't know cartoons like me. Dueling pianos were at the Headliners Lounge/Comedy club.

hope that helps

sdmike + kitsVA + KandJCruising - "All the memories, how can we make it back there, back there, I want be there again" :)

laurenpie - thanxs, we were almost on the same sailing, Breeze in November but we went with RCI instead. hope the new look Breeze is wicked.

Scott2.0 + ColinIllinois - hope you have a great cruise next month.

Denmom - Sorry i don't do the detailed planning parts of the cruise, but i'll try my best to answer.

1. Remember it being pretty warm throughout the day, not crazy hot for mid May. Evening is cooler and there are breezy days for sure.

2. Didn't make it to the ice bar.

3. Yup, the comedy club was free. We saw 2 shows, the standard offering and the encore adult theme show later in the cruise where they let loose a little.

4. We've seen Cirque before so we skipped it. Think we booked ahead so Blueman wasn't a problem, didn't try to catch a second show. Think it wasn't jam packed.

5. Overall, not super crowded at the specialty restaurants. We ate early (time and cruising schedule) at Moderno and there were only a couple of tables. Ate later so La Cucina and Le Bistro were both steady with diners. Wasn't a struggle to book them i think. No multiple dining discount for our crossing.

6. Average age around 40-45. We had some college kids, younger couples and some families. Nothing like the Celebrity transatlantic where it was definitely an older demographic.

7. Didn't do a ship excursion. There is stuff to see; some shops/small indoor mall/town square but not sure if i would say there was a lot to see just walking off.

8. We didn't go to the meet & greet, but we did a cabin crawl so we were able to see the Studio and Epic Lounge area

9. It's a pretty fun show. From Nickelodeon fame i think, where 2 families compete in team challenges/stunts and answer questions based on Nickelodeon programming. One of the families gets the privilege of being "slimed". Geared for families but anyone can go and it's a good time even if you don't know cartoons like me. Dueling pianos were at the Headliners Lounge/Comedy club.

hope that helps

Thanks, sounds like a great ship and from your pictures - looks like it also.

• 2 weeks later...

Fireflies your pictures are absolutely beautiful!! We are looking to go on the Epic March 2013 so I'm a little greedy with every detail on this ship. It's Epic eastern or the Jewel western and we've been on the Pearl (eastern) and liked that ship a lot so we are trying to convince ourselves that we would like the Epic. We've seen all the islands it goes to so that doesn't help convince us, but western is not so appealing to us and we hate tendering. I wish that for the time we are looking to go that the Epic did an island we haven't seen but oh well. Our other thought is the Sun 11 day but I don't think we would be happy with the older smaller ship and 11 days is a long time to be unhappy with our choice.

Thanks you so much for sharing this, you definitely seem to have captured the ship's beauty and taken us all on a wonderful grand tour.

thanks to everyone for the recent posts.

poffles - I think you'll have a great time on the epic. It's fun to see a new ship and the exploring experience on Epic is pretty awesome. Norwegian has gotten a lot right with Epic and the ship has something for everyone.

debnjoe1438, maja and DCAguy74 - have a great time on your cruises. transatlantic cruises are especially cool too.

hope the new year brings great cruises, and fun surprises to everyone

• 2 months later...

Archived