NCL Epic - Transatlantic May 2011, Late Photo Review

fireflies

Jeez!! The photos are SO AMAZING!! Better late than ever.

We were on the Westbound TA in Oct/Nov and by the look of your photos we had warmer weather as the pool decks were busy most of the time.

WE HAD FUN!! There was so much to do and we loved the idea of dining in different restaurant each evening - without any reservations! For example, one day we attended a Martini Clinic at 4pm - it was great fun - and when it was over a couple of hours later (we laid back and chatted) we stood up and I pointed and said let's go to Shanghai! There we had more martinis! ;):D

We were drinking wine every other day and martinis the other days. What the heck - that was the cruise where we did things we don't normally do at home. And we are fans of long cruises!

Please keep the photos coming!! We need to relive our TA cruise!!

And finally, Balcony Life

165resize.jpg

166resize.jpg

167resize.jpg

168resize.jpg

and lastly, a look at Barca

169resize.jpg

170resize.jpg

Thanks for sticking around through all the photos. The pics kind of make it look deserted but the ship and cruise was a lot of fun with lots to do, lots to eat with definitely lots of memories.

thanks to everyone for all the nice comments :)

bluesea777 - sharing the photos lets me relive our trip too. agree with you about long cruises/transatlantic crossings, you don't feel like you are in a rush and can just chilax. you can really get to know the ship/do a lot of activities and dine in heaps of places. since you are on the boat for so long, you kind of need to/it makes you want to try new things too.

Stickman81 - yeah, low light shots are always a challenge, a dslr with a good sensor lets you win half the battle and a fast lens helps a lot. pocket digital cams are great but low light is one area that you can kind of see the difference.

perkydebrajean - the solo rooms/atmosphere is pretty nice. think it would be a cool experience as the solo travellers we talked to seemed to enjoy themselves and said the interaction was good with other solos but someone did mention that she wished there was a bit more interaction with non solo travellers.

Journey11 - yeah the food was definitely a strong point. we enjoyed the freshness of the food, esp compared to other big cruise lines but wished for a bit more of variety in the MDR. other than Shanghai's, the specialtites are pretty good though some of the cuts at Moderno weren't quite as good as we hoped. my little friend says thanks;). it helps to spruce up the pictures a bit

tinaky1114 - only 4 more sleeps, have a wicked cruise!:D

PictureChris - thanks. for me, it's fun to wake up early and take some morning photos to start the day's adventure.

KangarooCruiser - hi tony. can't exactly recall but i think the weather was a mixed bag. some days of nice sunshine, some days of grey skies and really strong waves before reaching the strait of gibralter. it was rockier than our other transatlantic in comparrison.

i went through the vault and found a few more sets of photo so will put them up soon.

Gorgeous pics! I researched this cruise like a mad-man, bit the bullet and booked it, researched even more, and then hit a bit of a lull while we wait out the next 31 days. You've succeeded in getting me even more amped up for our upcoming Epic cruise! If my pics turn out half as incredible as yours I'll be more than happy! Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Oh my! Fantastic pictures. You are killing me with those food pictures:D. I am booked for 2013 Spring cruise on this beauty and feeling like doing one even earlier after seeing your pictures.

This is one heck of a ship to enjoy photography.

Absolutely fantastic photo review. I'm sitting here at work with a stupid grin on my face because I actually felt like I was back on board the Epic. It's such a wonderful ship.

About a month from now I will be doing my third sailing in a solo studio room. I can't wait.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this thread. It started off my day with a smile.

Archived