Duvets or Blankets

san diego sue

Hi,

It has been three years since my last HAL cruise.We are sailing on the Oosterdam soon. Question I have is about the blanket on the bed. We have a Balcony cabin VD. Seems like the last cruise there was a woolen type blanket between sheets on the bed not the Duvet with comforter inside.

Am I remembering correctly? If so , I can't stand those blankets.

Princess has the Duvets.I know themattresses and pillows on HAL were wonderful.

Anyone know about the bedding?

Just got off the Zaandam last week (o/view cabin) and we had a plain sheet, blanket and then a textured top sheet on the bed which is what we prefer. We use sheets and blankets at home (can regulate body temp. better that way than with a doona/duvet/continental quilt) so this was the right combination for us. Also the air con couldn't make up its mind what temperature it wanted to be at - would be cool at times and then hot at times.

We had the same type of bedding on the Zuiderdam (verandah) in August last year as well.

Cathy

Thank you so much for your replies. I wouldn't have minded the blanket if it were in a Duvet cover. Those blankets between sheets are really uncomfortable. I am used to a cozy Duvet comforter at home. Last time on the Oosterdam(February 2009) I froze. On the Zuiderdam I did ask for a Duvet and got one (2008). So I will ask.

I think HAL may be the only line that still does the blanket between sheets.

Besides the uncomfortable blanket, I worry that those aren't cleaned between cruises, just the sheets. These blankets do get exposed.

I know that on Princess, the comforter isn't cleaned either but the Duvet is totally closed and is cleaned.

This will not ruin our trip. I am so excited about sailing with HAL again after three years. Will become three star on this trip.

We are Elite with Princess.

I really dislike the blanket between sheets. This is one of the very few things I dislike about HAL. Some cabin stewards do it well and it stays together. Others don't quite match things and there is some uncovered blanket. This makes the HAL beds uncomfortable to me. I also dislike the bed being pushed against the wall so that the sheet-blanket-sheet are stuck there. We may have had a duvet in a balcony cabin; not sure. I do know there wasn't a "blanket having out" problem on our last cruise.

Archived