New Years Eve Cruise formal night question

The "formal" night is never the boarding day....some folks may not get their clothes until after dinner!

Never say never. You are probably correct and certainly on a normal cruise you would be, but New Year's Eve is something special and that might be an exception to the rule. Since we will be boarding Navigator on the Friday before the New Year, the issue is moot since the 2nd night will be NYE.:)

Never say never. You are probably correct and certainly on a normal cruise you would be, but New Year's Eve is something special and that might be an exception to the rule. Since we will be boarding Navigator on the Friday before the New Year, the issue is moot since the 2nd night will be NYE.:)

I know that we will have another formal night, but I'm sure that most will be dressed-up on NYE. I never left on NYE-wonder what to expect as far as the formal dress.

I know that we will have another formal night, but I'm sure that most will be dressed-up on NYE. I never left on NYE-wonder what to expect as far as the formal dress.

It will be our first NYE cruise as well but I agree with you that most people will be dressed to the nines, (as long as their luggage is delivered in a timely manner). On our past few cruises, our bags have arrived by mid-afternoon at the latest, but I am sure that isn't always the case. Looking forward to celebrating the arrival of 2012 on Navigator of the Seas in style.:D

There was just recently a post asking this same question....there were also responses from folks from past NYE sailings where NYE happened to be the first night also and they reported that it was formal night...anything is possible when it's a "special" sailing that alters the schedule...as many of the holiday sailings do.

Archived