Our Magic cruise, 12/4/11

Meyer2

[quote name='Meyer2']Dinner:

We had the Thai chicken tenders for appetizer.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jktmeyer/Magic%202011/DSC_0564-1.jpg[/IMG]

I had the fried shrimp for dinner.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jktmeyer/Magic%202011/DSC_0565.jpg[/IMG]

DH had the petite steak & rib (Can't remember the actual name of the dish).

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jktmeyer/Magic%202011/DSC_0566.jpg[/IMG]

Okay, so remember the mix up with the cake the night before right? Well, it turns out we had a cake in the dining room & they were going to give it to us & sing on our actual anniversary. I still am not sure, but I wonder if it had been set up by someone else & that's where the mix up happened? I'm not sure, but I know I ordered online & to my knowledge, I thought it would come to our cabin. So, they brought us a Happy Anniversary cake & sang to us. We were told we had to kiss the entire time of the song or they would start over. LOL. I wish I would have snapped to hand our camera to one of our awesome table mates.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jktmeyer/Magic%202011/DSC_0567.jpg[/IMG]

Tonight's showtime.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jktmeyer/Magic%202011/DSC_0568.jpg[/IMG]

Maitre' D, Ken.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jktmeyer/Magic%202011/DSC_0569.jpg[/IMG][/quote]
My daughter and her friend are in the background of this picture, How funny, When was this when he sang cause he made me and my husband do the same, kiss and it was on December 9 on a Friday

Great review! Love love love the pictures also.. We are headed on the Magic 3 weeks from today and cannot wait! Can you please add me to the list of funtimes? [email]bettyann29@hotmail.com[/email].. Would also love any spa inserts.. Thank you so much!!

Thanks SO much!!!! We are finally almost all back to normal! I'm hoping the sickness stays away!!!! Whew, last week was really crazy! I have more review coming now! And for the Fun Times, I'll be scanning them probably Wednesday at my Mom's & I think I'm going to save them to a CD & then just email them out that way. Thanks to all of you for being patient, I had no idea we were going to have the not so fun sick germs going around here.

I have thoroughly enjoy living vicariously through you tonight as I read your review. Your pictures are fantastic and have me incredibly excited for our cruise. We leave in 91 days... not that I'm counting ;)

I was wondering if you could tell me if the ropes course is open while you were in port? I know the pools are... at least that is my understanding. Like you, we only plan to do a little shopping right there at the pier. So we though it would be nice to take advantage of a fairly empty ship and no lines for the course. Do you happen to know?

Thank you for taking the time to post your review!! And I hope that your little boy is feeling better now!

Yes, it is open on port days. It was closed a good part of our cruise because of high winds. I'm not sure on the lines, but I would say they wouldn't probably be that long on port days.

My daughter and her friend are in the background of this picture, How funny, When was this when he sang cause he made me and my husband do the same, kiss and it was on December 9 on a Friday

How funny & neat!!! They might be in some of my other pictures then. Ours was done on the 8th since I left dinner early on the 7th.

After dinner we went back by the cabin so DH could change back into shorts & then we headed to the lobby area.

Tonight's towel animal.

DSC_0580.jpg

It was nice to just enjoy the music for a little bit & then we headed into the Showtime Theatre to get a seat. It fills up quickly.

DSC_0582.jpg

DSC_0583.jpg

The show was Win! and we really enjoyed it. They used one of the newlyweds husband as part of the show which was neat. After the show, we headed to the Red Frog Pub!

DSC_0584.jpg

Hubby picked up a shirt.

DSC_0586.jpg

Before heading back to the cabin for the night, we stopped by the Photo Gallery. They had some items 1/2 off. I'm sure making way for new items.

DSC_0585.jpg

Friday, Dec. 9th, Sea Day

We slept in a little bit, until a little before 9. Then headed to the MDR for our usual breakfast.

DSC_0588.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

For today, we really didn't do much at all during the day. LOL! We enjoyed the ship some, but also ended up taking a nap & totally missed lunch. We had the Past Guest party, so we got dressed & ready & headed to the Showtime Lounge. It was nice, as far as how it was done. There were several different times for the PG party, we ended up with the 5:15 time, so it worked out great. We went & then left about 5:50 & headed to the MDR for dinner.

Rum Punch, Yum!!!

DSC_0592.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0596.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0605.jpg

We had a few drinks. LOL. This was the 1st time for both of us at a PG party. When I went in September with my Mom, I didn't attend. It wasn't bad, we enjoyed ourselves, but my only complaint was that the waitress we had, kept missing our little section of our row. It was kind of comical in a way really. So the people next to us & DH started going over to the little 'bar' area where the drinks come from & asked for some.

On our way to the MDR, I snapped a picture of the Sushi bar area. During the day on sea days, it's a Salad bar.

DSC_0606.jpg

Dinner tonight. Appetizer, DH had the fruit & I had the chips with salsa/avocado.

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0609.jpg

DSC_0608.jpg

DH had flat iron steak & I had the grilled shrimp.

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0611.jpg

DH had WCMC of course for dessert & I had butter pecan ice cream.

DSC_0613.jpg

After dinner we went to the Family Comedy show along with 2 of our table mates. We had a good time & once it was over, we headed to the Showtime Theatre for tonight's show, a juggling act.

Tonight's towel animal.

DSC_0634.jpg

We sat there for the Bingo, but didn't play. Shortly after the juggling show started, we felt the strange vibration again...Uh oh...We are stopping/turning. Then within a few seconds we got the Bravo Bravo announcement. There were multiple announcements & pages, but the person was found, safe, Thank-fully & had not gone over board. The juggling show was wonderful & he did very good & was respectful during the announcements.

We then headed back to the cabin to sit out on the balcony for awhile before bed.

DSC_0638.jpg

Next morning, we were up around 8:45 or so, dressed & headed to the MDR for breakfast. Our usual, LOL.

DSC_0640.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

We then decided we would walk around & snap some more pictures.

DSC_0642.jpg

I forgot to mention that the wind was CRAZY this day! I forget at the moment, but I have pics coming up here soon showing how many knots. So when we got back to our cabin, our room steward had opened the partition door between our balcony & the aft wrap to allow the wind to come through. The chairs had to be pushed against the side or stacked to keep them from flipping. Sadly, we really didn't get to have much balcony time for our final sea day.

DSC_0661.jpg

DSC_0662.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

DSC_0664.jpg

DSC_0666.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0671.jpg

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0673.jpg

When the decided to go by & check in through the Currently Onboard thread through Carnival's site. After that, we grabbed a burger from the lido deck for lunch. We then went back & had about an hour & a half nap before getting ready for dinner. We had decided to skip the Fun Farewell party.

***Oh, & I forgot, but 2 of the nights here towards the end, we stayed up & watched part of the movies that were on the Seaside Theatre. They had blankets to cover up with & free popcorn. The times we watched, we stayed for about an hour.

Archived