Our Magic cruise, 12/4/11

Meyer2

We stayed in our cabin out on the balcony until the announcement came that they were starting zones 1-4. We then went to Deck 5, Promenade & sat outside the Red Frog Pub. We watched as staff started decorating for Christmas for the next cruise. I honestly don't remember the times, but it went really well & quick. Before we knew it, it was our zone # being called so we headed down to Deck 3. We were off the ship within a few minutes & heading into the terminal. There really was no line at all for the most part for customs, just up there by the actual customs desk. Hubby grabbed our bags quickly & we headed for customs.

We were in line for about 5 minutes, checked & out by about 9:15. My in-laws live about 10-15 minutes away so they were picking us up. We decided to walk over to Starbuck's & waited for them.

It was so nice how customs & all went really smooth & quick, but bittersweet & sad at the same time since that meant the cruise was over. Now we look forward to our next Magic cruise with the kids. In-laws picked us up & we went back to their house to give them their gifts we had picked up & got our van & headed back to our side of town.

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0671.jpg

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0673.jpg

When the decided to go by & check in through the Currently Onboard thread through Carnival's site. After that, we grabbed a burger from the lido deck for lunch. We then went back & had about an hour & a half nap before getting ready for dinner. We had decided to skip the Fun Farewell party.

***Oh, & I forgot, but 2 of the nights here towards the end, we stayed up & watched part of the movies that were on the Seaside Theatre. They had blankets to cover up with & free popcorn. The times we watched, we stayed for about an hour.

Having trouble viewing your pictures! Is it just me? Too bad, you take great ones.

Allen, Your signature picture with the littel blue pills and the blue wig is absolutely hilarious! LOVE IT!

I had no idea what they were planning. They didn't unveil the banner until after I had already booked. :rolleyes: The blue wig, tiara, scepter and Miss Understood sash were from a Victory cruise a couple of years ago. They had promised to fix me up with some blue-haired biddies and when I walked into our cocktail party, four women in blue wigs attacked me and later put one of the wigs on my head. Totally non-connected with this but embarrassingly appropriate was that the beauty pageant accessories were from a Canadian woman who was picking on me because I have been known to remark that I am "SO misunderstood". It was all a lot of fun. We even had John Heald in one of the blue wigs posing for pictures with me. My facebook avatar is one of those pictures.:)

Having trouble viewing your pictures! Is it just me? Too bad, you take great ones.

Well, it's working now! Thanks K. wonderful pictures, wonderful review. Maybe we'll sail together someday. It will be a while though.

I was going to say there was no problem that I know of. Thanks girlie! I hope to sail with you one day too. You'll be moving before we know it though. We do have plans to sail from FL for our 20th Anniversary though.

Allen, Your signature picture with the littel blue pills and the blue wig is absolutely hilarious! LOVE IT!

Isn't it the best? :D

I love your last photo!! Arrive to Galvston!! I saw pretty sun up!!

Thanks!!!

I had no idea what they were planning. They didn't unveil the banner until after I had already booked. :rolleyes: The blue wig' date=' tiara, scepter and Miss Understood sash were from a Victory cruise a couple of years ago. They had promised to fix me up with some blue-haired biddies and when I walked into our cocktail party, four women in blue wigs attacked me and later put one of the wigs on my head. Totally non-connected with this but embarrassingly appropriate was that the beauty pageant accessories were from a Canadian woman who was picking on me because I have been known to remark that I am "SO misunderstood". It was all a lot of fun. We even had John Heald in one of the blue wigs posing for pictures with me. My facebook avatar is one of those pictures.:)[/quote']

You are very Miss Understood Allen!

I had no idea what they were planning. They didn't unveil the banner until after I had already booked. :rolleyes: The blue wig' date=' tiara, scepter and Miss Understood sash were from a Victory cruise a couple of years ago. They had promised to fix me up with some blue-haired biddies and when I walked into our cocktail party, four women in blue wigs attacked me and later put one of the wigs on my head. Totally non-connected with this but embarrassingly appropriate was that the beauty pageant accessories were from a Canadian woman who was picking on me because I have been known to remark that I am "SO misunderstood". It was all a lot of fun. We even had John Heald in one of the blue wigs posing for pictures with me. My facebook avatar is one of those pictures.:)[/quote']

LMBO I had seen the picture of you and John somewhere, on his blog, maybe. Too bad you can't add to your stage name "WeBeCruisin'MissUnderstood"!

I hope to sail with you one day too. You'll be moving before we know it though. We do have plans to sail from FL for our 20th Anniversary though.

Isn't it the best? :D

20th is only in 5 years! Hope I'm rich and skinny then and haven't moved into the nursing home yet. We should plan on it. Let's stay connected through FB so we can check on each other.

Thanks for the pictures and reviews. I now have a better idea of what is in my near future. I have a few questions:::::confused:

Do you get to see the beautiful blue water the day the ship leaves Galveston or do you have to wait until you wake up the next morning???

Is the ropes course just for kids???? And is there a fee???

I read somewhere that they have a chocolate buffet that is not advertised? Did you see it & what time of day was it???

Is the Itailan restuarant free for lunch everyday or just the 1st day???

Can you please email me the fun times when you get a chance

peggy.thomassie@yahoo.com I love to participate in activities and xant wait to see whats available.

Thanks. I read so many bad review about the magic and Im glad to read a good one!:D

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! I loved seeing all of the beautiful pictures and reading the descriptions of everything you saw and experienced on the cruise.

I can't wait for Aug. 19th on the Magic!! I look forward to meeting you and your husband (and kids too)!

And it is nice to see a positive review from someone on the magic since the reviews have been very hit and miss. It's obvious you were so impressed that you are going again with your family :)

LMBO I had seen the picture of you and John somewhere, on his blog, maybe. Too bad you can't add to your stage name "WeBeCruisin'MissUnderstood"!

It was probably John's blog. Somehow he selected me as "Mate of the Week". I have no idea why, unless some of my friends nominated me to farther embarrass me since they know that I am truly a delicate flower in the hothouse of life. :)

Your welcome are you finish now!!:) I hope you been again on the Magic right me?

Yes Taylor, in August, taking the kids for the 1st time. Woo Hoo! You are down to 5 days now! :)

I truly am' date=' Krystin! And SO much a victim! :eek:[/quote']

I know, so crazy. You know I've got your back. ;)

20th is only in 5 years! Hope I'm rich and skinny then and haven't moved into the nursing home yet. We should plan on it. Let's stay connected through FB so we can check on each other.

Yes J! For sure! I'm still so excited that you will be getting to move. Maybe we can get together for lunch before you do.

Thanks for the pictures and reviews. I now have a better idea of what is in my near future. I have a few questions:::::confused:

Do you get to see the beautiful blue water the day the ship leaves Galveston or do you have to wait until you wake up the next morning???

Is the ropes course just for kids???? And is there a fee???

I read somewhere that they have a chocolate buffet that is not advertised? Did you see it & what time of day was it???

Is the Itailan restuarant free for lunch everyday or just the 1st day???

Can you please email me the fun times when you get a chance

peggy.thomassie@yahoo.com I love to participate in activities and xant wait to see whats available.

Thanks. I read so many bad review about the magic and Im glad to read a good one!:D

Your welcome & Thank-you. You have to wait until you wake up that next day to see the pretty blue water. Ropes course is for the adults too & there is no fee. They did have the chocolate buffet, but we didn't go, it was mid day, I'll have to check the fun times since I can't remember. The Italian Restaraunt, Cucina, is free for lunch every day. The only time there is a fee is for dinner & you need to make reservations.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! I loved seeing all of the beautiful pictures and reading the descriptions of everything you saw and experienced on the cruise.

I can't wait for Aug. 19th on the Magic!! I look forward to meeting you and your husband (and kids too)!

And it is nice to see a positive review from someone on the magic since the reviews have been very hit and miss. It's obvious you were so impressed that you are going again with your family :)

Thank-you & you are welcome! Yes, we really enjoyed the Magic obviously. Can't wait to meet you guys too! We will all have a great time!

Love your review & photos!!! We are on Magic March 2012.

Would love to get your Fun Tmes when you scan it!!

Thanks so much!!!

Thank-you!!

Yes Taylor, in August, taking the kids for the 1st time. Woo Hoo! You are down to 5 days now! :)

I know, so crazy. You know I've got your back. ;)

Yes J! For sure! I'm still so excited that you will be getting to move. Maybe we can get together for lunch before you do.

Thanks ya! I am exicted next week!!

Loved all the pictures, what kind of camera do you have?

Thanks! Nikon D40 is our main camera.

Thanks ya! I am exicted next week!!

Make sure you have an extra great time to cover for me too! ;)

Hey!! Can you please tell me what host site you used to upload your pictures? & how you put them on here? :o

Thanks again for the review! It was great! I can’t wait for out turn!!!

I use Photobucket & I usually go over the free allowed amount & have to pay $2.99 I think it is for 1 month which is no biggie really. There is a code I highlight (The 2nd one down that's under the picture) & then on here, I click on the mountain like yellow/black button (Under the undo button in your post), then paste it there. Hope that helps.

Archived