Booking A Cruise While On A Cruise

sec1jrs

My family and I have reservation for Spring Break in Carnival Inspiration. We are considering on booking a cruise in 2013. We are thinking of reserving it during the Spring Break Cruise. What kind of discounts or credits does Carnival give when you book your next cruise while on a cruise?

Thanks

If you actually book the cruise while on the cruise you will still get the onboard credit like buying the certificate- however you will also get two vouchers (for two cabins not per person) that friends or family (if any are going with you on the next cruise) can use to get the onboard credit also when they book. Makes sense if anyone is planning to go with you on your 2013 cruise in another cabin.

There are 4 ships that do not sell them yet, hopefully not your ship.

You get OBC based on how long the cruise you book is. $50 for a 3 to 5 day, $75 OBC for a 6 day and 7 to 11 is $100 OBC.

Inspiration does have a Future Cruise Desk. The four that don't are Imagination, Paradise, Sensation and Victory.

I search the forum about FCC and OBC. Here is what I am thinking of doing. Let me know if this will work. On March, 2012 - I have reservation for 2 Ocean View Cabins in Carnival Inspiration. While on-board, I am thinking about booking 2 more cabins for May, 2013. So if I book them separately (Cabin #1 with my wife and I; Cabin #2 with my kids). So with booking 2 cabins while on-board, I should receive $100 OBC (7 day) for each cabin and 4 FCC (2 for each cabin). Is what I am thinking, correct?

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks,

I search the forum about FCC and OBC. Here is what I am thinking of doing. Let me know if this will work. On March, 2012 - I have reservation for 2 Ocean View Cabins in Carnival Inspiration. While on-board, I am thinking about booking 2 more cabins for May, 2013. So if I book them separately (Cabin #1 with my wife and I; Cabin #2 with my kids). So with booking 2 cabins while on-board, I should receive $100 OBC (7 day) for each cabin and 4 FCC (2 for each cabin). Is what I am thinking, correct?

Thanks,

You can only use 1 certificate per cabin

Thanks,

Don't get caught up in all that buying a FCC. You don't need to in order to receive $100 for a 7 day cruise....in fact, if you buy a FCC, you won't be allowed to use it on the cruise you are booking. You will have to use it on another cruise. That way, Carnival gets you twice...you will already be booked on a new cruise, and then you must use the FCC for a different cruise. Trust me, we cancelled our FCC when we found out that since we booked on the Breeze, we were already getting the $100 of OBC for that cruise. We didn't want to book two cruises. If it sounds confusing, it is. It's called 'marketing' by Carnival. Just book onboard for the OBC.

Don't get caught up in all that buying a FCC. You don't need to in order to receive $100 for a 7 day cruise....in fact, if you buy a FCC, you won't be allowed to use it on the cruise you are booking. You will have to use it on another cruise. That way, Carnival gets you twice...you will already be booked on a new cruise, and then you must use the FCC for a different cruise. Trust me, we cancelled our FCC when we found out that since we booked on the Breeze, we were already getting the $100 of OBC for that cruise. We didn't want to book two cruises. If it sounds confusing, it is. It's called 'marketing' by Carnival. Just book onboard for the OBC.

I agree FCC is NOT my main goal here. I do not even care to get them. My main goal is to book 2 cabins and both cabins have 100 OBC each. I should be able to book 2 cabins and each cabins gets the 100 OBC, right?

Thanks,

It's not really a Future Cruise Certificate that you will get for actually booking on the ship. It's a Friends and Family voucher that has your booking number on it. So you can give those to friends and family and they can also get the $100 OBC if they book the same cruise you are going on. So I would just book 1 on the ship and book your other cabin with the voucher when you get home.

That is what I did. Since I knew I would be booking three cabins for my Jan 1st cruise I booked one while on the ship. I had to pay my full deposit ($250 per person so $500) when I booked on the ship and I got $100 in OBC. I then got two vouchers. Came home and watched the rates and booked the other two cabins when they were low. So now all three of my cabins have $100 OBC.

I am on the Inspiration next month and since I used a FCC they let me know that you can NOT book future cruises on that ship. She said if I called within one week of returning I could book another cruise and get the OBC or get another FCC (with OBC) for the $100 deposit. I hope she is correct because I enjoy the OBC.

It's not really a Future Cruise Certificate that you will get for actually booking on the ship. It's a Friends and Family voucher that has your booking number on it. So you can give those to friends and family and they can also get the $100 OBC if they book the same cruise you are going on. So I would just book 1 on the ship and book your other cabin with the voucher when you get home.

That is what I did. Since I knew I would be booking three cabins for my Jan 1st cruise I booked one while on the ship. I had to pay my full deposit ($250 per person so $500) when I booked on the ship and I got $100 in OBC. I then got two vouchers. Came home and watched the rates and booked the other two cabins when they were low. So now all three of my cabins have $100 OBC.

I was thinking about doing it that way. But I want to make sure I get adjoining rooms. I think I will be taking a chance on only booking 1 on the cruise and wait until I get back to book the other. Where I can book both and still get OBC on both cabins.

I am on the Inspiration next month and since I used a FCC they let me know that you can NOT book future cruises on that ship. She said if I called within one week of returning I could book another cruise and get the OBC or get another FCC (with OBC) for the $100 deposit. I hope she is correct because I enjoy the OBC.

That is not correct. There IS a Future Cruise Desk on Inspiration so you can just buy the certificate or book on the ship.see https://www.goccl.com/content/form-policy/documents/Future_Carnival_Vacation.pdf. At the very bottom you will see the four ships that don't have them- and yes you can call if you cruise one of those four and buy one.

Inspiration does have a Future Cruise Desk. The four that don't are Imagination, Paradise, Sensation and Victory.

lol and I'm sure the next time this comes up I will have forgotten again, as they are not ships near where I leave from, Galveston.

Thanks for coming to the rescue, I knew someone would know.

The Inspiration does indeed have a Future Cruise Desk, manned by an Energizer-Bunny of a woman named Carol. She will absolutely book future cruises for you, or sell you FCCs.

Her desk is on the Promenade deck (Deck 9) next door to the Violins bar, right at the base of the stairs that come down from the Lido. It's right next to a kiosk where you can slide your Sail & Sign card and get a preview/printout of your charges to date.

Archived