Deck 9/10 on "Jade" plus coffeepot question

grayjay

Most of the cabins ( cat. BA) on deck 10 on the "Jade" on most of the cruises to the Canaries we're looking at right now are already gone whereas there are still a lot to be had on deck 9. As we're new to NCL I keep wondering whether there are drawbacks about that deck 9 I don't know of, yet?

Mini-suites on deck 11 are almost the same price, but I'm afraid of noise issues, as there is either the pool deck above or the kid's club/ teen disco/ garden café . Secondly, there seems to be not a separate walk-in shower in the bathroom, right? But as I won't be able to crawl into a tub to have a shower and I don't want to stay unwashed for more than a weekI might be better off with a regular balcony cabin ...:D

Last question: some CC mebers on this board mentioned coffee pots or coffee machines. What kind are there, if any? What kind of coffee do you need to bring - pads, capsules, plain old coffee?

Thank you so much for your answers!

AND: HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

We love balcony cabins, and I think Decks 9 and 10 are the best decks on the Jewel class ships (of which the Jade is one). You have cabins above and below you, which is my first criterion for choosing cabin location. I prefer Deck 10, as I like to be higher, and haven't cruised on Deck 9, but I can't see why a balcony on Deck 9 should be a problem.

OP, I agree with you about the mini-suites -- most of them are under public areas that could transmit noise to your cabin. I don't even want to worry that this could happen. And yes, I believe that in mini-suites, you have a tub/shower combo, so you do have to climb into the shower.:)

Happy New Year!

Most of the cabins ( cat. BA) on deck 10 on the "Jade" on most of the cruises to the Canaries we're looking at right now are already gone whereas there are still a lot to be had on deck 9. As we're new to NCL I keep wondering whether there are drawbacks about that deck 9 I don't know of, yet?

Mini-suites on deck 11 are almost the same price, but I'm afraid of noise issues, as there is either the pool deck above or the kid's club/ teen disco/ garden café . Secondly, there seems to be not a separate walk-in shower in the bathroom, right? But as I won't be able to crawl into a tub to have a shower and I don't want to stay unwashed for more than a weekI might be better off with a regular balcony cabin ...:D

Last question: some CC mebers on this board mentioned coffee pots or coffee machines. What kind are there, if any? What kind of coffee do you need to bring - pads, capsules, plain old coffee?

Thank you so much for your answers!

AND: HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

I booked the last available cabin from Malaga in BA grade which is on deck 9 and I think location wise it looks fine (I hope!!). As I'm not a great traveller it's better for me to be on a slightly lower deck if possible but always like to have a balcony. I believe that on deck 8 under the BA cabins on deck 9 are the life boats but I'm hoping this won't cause any noise/problems. Perhaps someone on CC knows about that. Our first NCL cruise too. All the best everyone for 2012 :)

Hi there..........we are between Estepona and San Pedro, not a million miles from you:D

I travel with my elderly mother and she can't get in a bath, so we opt for a balcony cabin also. Suites are a no-no on NCL as they only have double beds, no twin. I refuse to pay for a suite and sleep on a roll-away bed:eek:

We will be on Deck 10. We go on the 25th February, so if you have any questions on our return, don't hesitate to ask. NCL is new for us - we cruise mainly on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Recently tried QE, but not impressed!!

Hi there..........we are between Estepona and San Pedro, not a million miles from you:D

I travel with my elderly mother and she can't get in a bath, so we opt for a balcony cabin also. Suites are a no-no on NCL as they only have double beds, no twin. I refuse to pay for a suite and sleep on a roll-away bed:eek:

We will be on Deck 10. We go on the 25th February, so if you have any questions on our return, don't hesitate to ask. NCL is new for us - we cruise mainly on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Recently tried QE, but not impressed!!

Hey, yes you're just up the road :) We've done Celebrity and RCI too, unfortunately wasn't over impressed by the last RCI cruise - still good but definitely a drop in standards. Decided it was time for a change and we're hoping the NCL Jade will be great, especially as we are looking at another NCL cruise for the autumn.

Thanks for the info offer after your return. I'm sure there will be loads of things I'd like to know. All the best for 1012 :)

And a Happy New Year to you too.

We came from Soham on the Indie mid-December and debarked in Gibraltar to spend the winter here. Sailing back home on the Eclipse on the 15th May:D: We do like RCL - but because we are high up on their loyalty scheme, we receive mucho perkos;); Makes a difference having the private lounges.:D:D

As far as I can make out, all the cruiselines are cutting back. Things aint what they used to be:D But we still enjoy all the cruises - so far anyway.

No perks for us on NCL though, but as we always have Anytime Dining, I am sure we will enjoy it. It seems to be those who prefer traditional dining, who don't enjoy the NCL operation.

Hope you are enjoying this amazing weather.

And a Happy New Year to you too.

We came from Soham on the Indie mid-December and debarked in Gibraltar to spend the winter here. Sailing back home on the Eclipse on the 15th May:D: We do like RCL - but because we are high up on their loyalty scheme, we receive mucho perkos;); Makes a difference having the private lounges.:D:D

As far as I can make out, all the cruiselines are cutting back. Things aint what they used to be:D But we still enjoy all the cruises - so far anyway.

No perks for us on NCL though, but as we always have Anytime Dining, I am sure we will enjoy it. It seems to be those who prefer traditional dining, who don't enjoy the NCL operation.

Hope you are enjoying this amazing weather.

Yes, the weather is amazing can't remember a December/January like this since we've lived here. Hope it all doesn't go winter gales, rough seas, rain and cold just as we're about to cruise!!

Have to agree that reading different roll calls etc. it does seem like all the cruise lines are cutting back - think I left getting hooked on cruising about 20 years too late! Although I must say our Celebrity Alaska cruise was great.

We've always done traditional dining but am really looking forward to the concept of eating when we want rather than when we have to!

Enjoy the sun - looks set to stay at least for the next 10 days :)

Archived