Entertainment tours bus to Cape Liberty

BlacTish

Has anyone used Entertainment Tours bus service to get to Cape Liberty from MA, CT or RI. We are sailing on the Silhoutte on 2/22 and found a link to this company on the Celebrity website. We are thinking about taking the bus from Providence. We live in ME but have relatives who live in RI. It would be less expensive than driving to the port ourselves. Any info would be appreciated.

Has anyone used Entertainment Tours bus service to get to Cape Liberty from MA, CT or RI. We are sailing on the Silhoutte on 2/22 and found a link to this company on the Celebrity website. We are thinking about taking the bus from Providence. We live in ME but have relatives who live in RI. It would be less expensive than driving to the port ourselves. Any info would be appreciated.

I believe you can only take 1 suit case per person. For some that may be a problem.

Jimbo:)

Per their FAQs, you can bring additional luggage, at a cost of $20 per piece, round trip:

https://www.enttours.com/faqs.aspx#faq23

15) How many pieces of luggage am I permitted to bring?

Each ticket holder is permitted to bring one regular size suite case no more than 50 lbs and a small carry on. $20 will be applied for each additional piece for

a round trip fare.

Offering this an an alternative: We've taken the train to the Newark Penn Station stop and then taxi to Cape Liberty. Return we took a taxi to the Newark Airport Amtrak stop and took the train home. It was very relaxing.

Never have taken the bus. I'd be interested in hearing how you liked it.

Offering this an an alternative: We've taken the train to the Newark Penn Station stop and then taxi to Cape Liberty. Return we took a taxi to the Newark Airport Amtrak stop and took the train home. It was very relaxing.

Never have taken the bus. I'd be interested in hearing how you liked it.

May I respectfully suggest that is probably not quite accurate. There is no passenger drop off facility at the Newark Airport train station. The taxi dropped you off on the airport grounds, most likely at at the P4 AirTrain monorail station, and you then took the AirTrain to the railroad station, where you transferred to Amtrak.

I'm also considering Entertainment Tours from Boston. This will be my 8th cruise on the Explorer and I've parked at the port, done a park/sleep, and done the "stay with relatives and go by public transportation" thing.

I think overall it will be much less hassle to get up early and drive to Braintree and get driven directly to the port. I won't have to touch my luggage until it arrives at my cabin. For past cruises I've felt the need to be among the first to board to deal with dining and excursions, but I don't need that this time.

However, I do have a snow plan - go down by train to stay with relatives and just take the bus back to Boston. You should have a snow plan as well.

Thank you for your respectful reply and clarification. We exited the cab at the airport terminal. We took a monorail(?) ride to the train station where there is a stop for the Amtrak regional. I still recommend this. It was easy to do and the train is very relaxing.

correct....:) the actual Amtrak/NJT station at the airport is not accessible by any vehicle other than, i presume, people who work there.....so you did go to a terminal and get that monorail thinggie over to the actual railroad station!:D

I'm also considering Entertainment Tours from Boston. This will be my 8th cruise on the Explorer and I've parked at the port, done a park/sleep, and done the "stay with relatives and go by public transportation" thing.

I think overall it will be much less hassle to get up early and drive to Braintree and get driven directly to the port. I won't have to touch my luggage until it arrives at my cabin. For past cruises I've felt the need to be among the first to board to deal with dining and excursions, but I don't need that this time.

However, I do have a snow plan - go down by train to stay with relatives and just take the bus back to Boston. You should have a snow plan as well.

So are you saying the bus doesn't run when it snows?

So are you saying the bus doesn't run when it snows?

not necessarily...we're saying have a back up plan in case NJ gets dumped on and roads are closed...chances are the main roads will be open but you never know..our governor tends to declare states of emergency often

AND since the pier is near the airport...if you need a room in a big storm, you won't get one unless you have made a reservation...as long as it is cancellable there isn't a problem.....

meaning...even if you can get out of the pier area...and to the main roads to the airport, others may be a mess....OR the bus may not run....

does that make sense...

Don't forget that NE can get dumped on by snow as well. Even if the bus runs, you have to be able to get to it. I'm about 50-60 minutes from Braintree, but that's not a drive I would want to do at 5 am during or just after a big snow. My snow plan is to go down a day early by train and take the bus back to Braintree. Hopefully, I won't have to do that, but at least I've thought about it.

Archived