Don't you hate when this happens?

tanelicus

You can't- Celebrity will remove the OBC when they discover it was a rebooking. Unfortunately, sometimes "stuff" happens. Just enjoy your trip and don't worry about it!

Not necessarily true. We were recently able to take advantage of a Celebrity sale that had a state special and an OBC plus Prepaid Gratuities from Celebrity. We lost the original discount that we had from Celebrity, but came out far ahead. In addition, we kept our OBC from our TA.

LOL - don't worry, we will definitely have a great and relaxing time!

I was commiserating (spelling?) my disappointment.

By the way. I asked them if I could rebook and they said no. It makes sense, there would be huge groups of people rebooking which would cause issues. Usually promotional things are for new customers only.

This "new customer " angle that Celebrity uses is becoming "old hat " :(.

Question is how many customers are they making angry & the ultimately loosing those customers :rolleyes:. But ,perhaps Celebrity doesn't care & thinks of their customers as a numbers game ;because some marketing anylist told them that only a small percentage of people have actually found cruising a wonderful /less costly vacation :eek:.

Personally, I don't see the issue. You have booked a cruise in a cabin of your choice at a price you are happy with. If the price goes down, so be it, you lose out and moan. If the price went UP, would you contact your TA and offer to pay the higher price? I think not.

Personally, I don't see the issue. You have booked a cruise in a cabin of your choice at a price you are happy with. If the price goes down, so be it, you lose out and moan. If the price went UP, would you contact your TA and offer to pay the higher price? I think not.

You pay your money and take your chances. IT's amazing never see anybody offering to pay the higher price when they go up.

Really? Were these necessary responses? In my reply I made it clear that I am excited. I understand what you are saying. My post wasn't intended to be a slam on Celebrity.

I'm with you. I hate it when that happens. It happens and it doesn't keep me from signing up, but there's always that "shoot" feeling you get when you see a better price. I don't know anyone who says "woohoo the price went down and I get to pay more" :rolleyes:

Tom

Really? Were these necessary responses? In my reply I made it clear that I am excited. I understand what you are saying. My post wasn't intended to be a slam on Celebrity.

You posted an issue you had with booking your cruise and asked a legitimate question. People will response. This is the whole purpose of this board on Cruisecritic. It's a discussion board. No, you didn't slam Celebrity. No one said you did. Take all responses with a grain of salt and in the good spirit of discussion and/or debate...for better or worse. :) If you're looking for sympathy....well, yes. We all feel your pain. You booked something in good faith and a better deal came along that you can't take advantage of now. It happens all the time. It's called the cruise booking game and there are winners and losers. Sometimes it's seems so unfair...but that's life. I was struggling as to when to buy my air ticket into San Juan...would prices go up or down if I waited, etc. Very stressful. Anyway...I'm booked on the Summit in March and I'm like you...so very excited.

Archived