Laundry Special?

ghulett

Yes they do. It was a flat bag and cost $25. It is only for sock, undies, singlets etc. Not jeans or shirt type clothing. The bag did hold a surprisingly large amount. We got sock and undies for 5 people - about 20 undies and pairs of socks and a few singlets, light t shirts.

The washing of jeans and shirts was also very reasonable. About $3.50 for a wash and iron.

Raina

they do not care if you add jeans and shirts...., but on the last cruise all the stuff had a bad smell....

Yes it sometimes comes back with strange smells, very wrinkled, or missing items, unfortunately.

they do not care if you add jeans and shirts...., but on the last cruise all the stuff had a bad smell....

Yes it sometimes comes back with strange smells, very wrinkled, or missing items, unfortunately.

We've had lots of wrinkles but never anything missing or any strange smells.....

I think they may have gotten more actively restrictive on the types of items that can be washed with the flat fee. The flyer listed the exact types of items that were allowed, with the note that if non-allowed items were found, they would be washed at the normal fee.

If you add anything other than the items listed below, you will be charged additional for those items.

$25.00 Wash & Fold Special includes the following items....

Pajamas

Socks

Shorts

Swimwear

T-shirts

Underwear

I guess it must depend on which ship you are on then, if you were not charge for those items. Another example of the Royal Caribbean Inconsistency Policy (RCIP) at work.:(

We've had lots of wrinkles but never anything missing or any strange smells.....

I think it all depends on who is doing the folding and how quickly they are removed from the dryer and folded.

On our recent 3 consecutive cruises on Radiance my husband's t-shirts came back neatly folded with minimal wrinkles.

If you add anything other than the items listed below, you will be charged additional for those items.

$25.00 Wash & Fold Special includes the following items....

Pajamas

Socks

Shorts

Swimwear

T-shirts

Underwear

I guess it must depend on which ship you are on then, if you were not charge for those items. Another example of the Royal Caribbean Inconsistency Policy (RCIP) at work.:(

I like this acronym! Very appropriate.

Bob

I think it all depends on who is doing the folding and how quickly they are removed from the dryer and folded.

On our recent 3 consecutive cruises on Radiance my husband's t-shirts came back neatly folded with minimal wrinkles.

It definitely depends on who's doing the job! There are times my shorts & t-shirts have come back in excellent shape & very wearable............. I think if the get done when they finish drying & are still warm, they're okay. If they sit in the dryer for awhile, there's no hope. Just like home!

I was looking forward to that on our December 7-night on FOS, but they didn't have the bag special until Thursday, with clothes promised back Friday night. I thought that was a bit late to do us any good since we debarked Sun am. I was hoping it was Wed, with clothes back on Thursday.

I was looking forward to that on our December 7-night on FOS, but they didn't have the bag special until Thursday, with clothes promised back Friday night. I thought that was a bit late to do us any good since we debarked Sun am. I was hoping it was Wed, with clothes back on Thursday.

I agree, it's not quite as useful when offered late on a 7 day. We were recently on a 13 day cruise and they offered the special 3 times. We found that very useful, and took advantage the first 2 times.

I read here recently that if you ask your cabin steward they'll provide the bag anytime. Thursday would be too late for us too. On a 7 day, I'd be looking for it Tuesday or Wednesday............

I read here recently that if you ask your cabin steward they'll provide the bag anytime. Thursday would be too late for us too. On a 7 day, I'd be looking for it Tuesday or Wednesday............

They sometimes will so it on demand, sometimes not - it is not consistant fleet-wide, unfortunately.

On the Liberty last month we sent socks, underwear, t-shirts, and polos (and even a collared cotton shirt) in the bag and got them all back neatly folded and pretty much wrinkle-free. They were definitely wearable again - maybe our neatness standards are lower than average(?) :rolleyes: No bad smell either.

Also, depending on your level (Diamond, etc.) the fee is lower. We always take advantage of the flat-fee bag and send a few pieces to be laundered. It makes packing easier, and I always have a favorite item that I would like to wear again. LOVE getting my bag of fresh, folded, clean clothes. If it has wrinkles, spritz with Downey. I knew when I sent one pair of capris that they would come back with wrinkles, just as they do at home. Ours have never had an unpleasant smell either. Our next cruise will start after a couple of days in NY, followed by 3 days in Italy so we will be boarding the ship in need of some laundry service.

why pay $25 to wash undies and socks,take a small bottle of washing liquid with you and wash them in the sink ,shorts,wash in shower then hang up on line provided simples!!!!any more cruise tips to save cash please do not hesitate to ask @ I'm a tight get dot com:D.

why pay $25 to wash undies and socks,take a small bottle of washing liquid with you and wash them in the sink ,shorts,wash in shower then hang up on line provided simples!!!!any more cruise tips to save cash please do not hesitate to ask @ I'm a tight get dot com:D.

Guess I'm more lazy than tight! I'm willing to spend a bit to NOT have to do laundry on vacation. ;) And as Diamond Plus we get one bag of laundry free so I guess it's kind of a non-issue for me

Guess I'm more lazy than tight! I'm willing to spend a bit to NOT have to do laundry on vacation. ;) And as Diamond Plus we get one bag of laundry free so I guess it's kind of a non-issue for me

Me too! We're only D so we still pay (I think we get a discount) but there's not a chance in h*ll that I'm going to wash anything but me when I'm on vacation.........

Archived