Bacon Macaroni n Cheese in Lido buffet

noah53

MY MISTAKE - it's mac & cheese with chicken breast.

The mac and cheese in the MDR is bacon mac and cheese topped with a chicken breast. I thought it was very bland and flavorless.

They do have standard mac and cheese at the rotisserie on Lido that is very good. They also serve mac and cheese in the MDR on the kids menu that is quite good.

The mac and cheese in the MDR is bacon mac and cheese topped with a chicken breast. I thought it was very bland and flavorless.

Thank you! After all the reviews I have read about the bacon mac n cheese being so good I thought I was losing it since I thought it was not all that and bland.

They do have standard mac and cheese at the rotisserie on Lido that is very good. They also serve mac and cheese in the MDR on the kids menu that is quite good.

I've had it on Lido, of course it's bland (as far as not being spicey) > It's bland because It's cheese. I'm a macaroni and cheese freak, their version is very good.

I've had it on Lido, of course it's bland (as far as not being spicey) > It's bland because It's cheese. I'm a macaroni and cheese freak, their version is very good.

I didn't mean bland as in not spicy. I meant bland as in no strong features or characteristics that makes it unique. Nothing made it stand out, it tasted like all the other bacon mac n cheese you would get at a restaurant. Usually if you throw a good gouda or a special cheese in it ... it should make a unique flavor.

I do believe that the mac n cheese on the lido is different than the bacon mac n cheese served in the MDR.

Like ready2cruz, I didn't mean it wasn't spicy. Of course it's not spicy. I found the bacon mac and cheese flavorless unless I had a bite with bacon. I did think the Lido version and the kid menu version were quite good.

Just off the Epic, and their buffet mac and cheese was great. Shoot, now I'm craving mac and cheese.

Like ready2cruz, I didn't mean it wasn't spicy. Of course it's not spicy. I found the bacon mac and cheese flavorless unless I had a bite with bacon. I did think the Lido version and the kid menu version were quite good.

Just off the Epic, and their buffet mac and cheese was great. Shoot, now I'm craving mac and cheese.

We should start a macaroni and cheese thread to offset the people who think it's a degrading food.:rolleyes:

Just getting off Splendor now. The bacon Mac and cheese is nearly identical to the Mac and cheese at the Rotisserie. Same Mac and cheese and they have bacon to put on it. Add some of the Rotisserie chicken and there you have it. Except the Rotisserie chicken is tastier than the bland breast in the MDR.

I thought the bacon mac and cheese was really good. I didn't eat the chicken though. I casually threw it on my husband's plate :D We are macaroni fans and we weren't disappointed. I'm glad they are introducing "ordinary" food on Carnival. Sometimes when you're away from home and missing your family/friends/pets etc. something so simple can remind you of home. :o Yes, I am one of those people that misses others while I'm on vacation.

I didn't mean bland as in not spicy. I meant bland as in no strong features or characteristics that makes it unique. Nothing made it stand out, it tasted like all the other bacon mac n cheese you would get at a restaurant. Usually if you throw a good gouda or a special cheese in it ... it should make a unique flavor.

I do believe that the mac n cheese on the lido is different than the bacon mac n cheese served in the MDR.

I can't wait to try it next month. I love their regular macaroni & cheese at the burger grill. I'm not sure how it could be bland. I read the ingredients and it just sounds fabulous & has to be good.

Applewood smoked bacon

Parsley

half & half cream

pasta

heavy cream

parmesan cheese

mozzarella cheese

mascarpone cheese

cheddar cheese

brie cheese

sour cream

swiss cheese

OMG!!!!!:D

Applewood smoked bacon

Parsley

half & half cream

pasta

heavy cream

parmesan cheese

mozzarella cheese

mascarpone cheese

cheddar cheese

brie cheese

sour cream

swiss cheese

........I haven't visited my cardiologist in a while:eek:

We had this last week on the Dream. I think it had bacon and chicken. I was disappointed after all the hype. It was decent but not anything that I would go out of my way to order again. It was available in the MDR on the last night of the cruise.

I wasn't impressed with it on the Inspiration Halloween cruise. While certainly edible, the cheese was too watery. I always liked mac-n-cheese a little thicker consistency where the milk and cheese sets up thicker with a bit of a crust.

I can't wait to try it next month. I love their regular macaroni & cheese at the burger grill. I'm not sure how it could be bland. I read the ingredients and it just sounds fabulous & has to be good.

Applewood smoked bacon

Parsley

half & half cream

pasta

heavy cream

parmesan cheese

mozzarella cheese

mascarpone cheese

cheddar cheese

brie cheese

sour cream

swiss cheese

OMG!!!!!:D

I agree...based on those ingredients, it doesn't seem possible for it to be bland. Somehow, they managed to do it though. Perhaps I had a bad batch...

hmmmm...we must have been on the same cruise LOL

I've had it only once, in October on the Spirit, and thought it was great, the mac & cheese part was very tasty and the chicken breast was very juicy and tender. Maybe it varies from ship to ship.

Had it for the first time last month on Destiny and we both thought it was to die for! Bland? - not even a little! Maybe the difference is the chef...? We are foodies, too, and felt it was the best Mac & Cheese we'd ever had. Disappointed it's not on our next 4 day cruise menu, so planning to ask if I can have kid's mac & cheese. :)

Archived