I messed up

nubeetom

My family and I are sailing on the Allure for spring break (march 25). I was undecided on 2 rooms or the RFS, I booked 2 rooms thinking I can change it at any time. I call Dec 31 and they had a few RFS and 2 aqua theater suites left, they were closed jan 1 so when I called Jan 2 to change it they were all gone. So here's my question. What are my chances of someone canceling or not making final payment on time and losing their reservation? I'm kicking myself for not taking it when I had the chance. Thanks

You would have been out of luck on my Allure cruise, but perhaps you can call C&A and get on a wait list? If one does open up, it may not last, or as I've suspected, if one opens up very close to the cruise date and they don't think they can book it, they save it for a bingo prize. One family won an upgrade from their cabin to one of these suites early in our cruise.

You would have been out of luck on my Allure cruise, but perhaps you can call C&A and get on a wait list? If one does open up, it may not last, or as I've suspected, if one opens up very close to the cruise date and they don't think they can book it, they save it for a bingo prize. One family won an upgrade from their cabin to one of these suites early in our cruise.

A bingo prize? That's a low-cost way to give out a prize that seems like it's worth a lot! :D

A bingo prize? That's a low-cost way to give out a prize that seems like it's worth a lot! :D

Not sure, At $20 or so a card and not being an absolulte certainty that they give it away, I think from my questionable memory you had to fill out the card in the first 60 numbers drawn. I've seen them to that with the free cruise bingo and had no winners then they go on to a $500 prize.

My family and I are sailing on the Allure for spring break (march 25). I was undecided on 2 rooms or the RFS, I booked 2 rooms thinking I can change it at any time. I call Dec 31 and they had a few RFS and 2 aqua theater suites left, they were closed jan 1 so when I called Jan 2 to change it they were all gone. So here's my question. What are my chances of someone canceling or not making final payment on time and losing their reservation? I'm kicking myself for not taking it when I had the chance. Thanks

Surprised they had any RFS's left by that late Dec call we have found them to book very quickly and rarely drop and become available once they are snagged especially during spring break..We have usually booked ours a year out for this time frame.....I would request to be put on a waitlist as these suites don't usually show on the RCI website meaning you would have to call often..Best of luck and enjoy the RFS if possible..our favorite suites to book when traveling with family...

couldnt you have changed that cabin yourself online? I have never actually booked through RCCL's web site, but people brag about having so much control over there bookings by booking direct, and not with a TA. I know a TA could have had that cabin changed upon request. confuesd:confused:

Exactly what changes can a guest make to there reservation through RCCL.com if they made the reservation direct?? :confused:

On Independence of the Seas in March 2009, (14 night Mediterranean cruise) my wife & were in a promenade cabin. The bingo session cost $16 per card & there were several cash prizes ($500 or so) plus the main prize (for a full house) of the remaining 13 nights in the Royal Suite. We were the lucky winners. The win also entitled us to all the suite perks - Concierge club etc. Definitely the best $32 I ever spent:)

couldnt you have changed that cabin yourself online? I have never actually booked through RCCL's web site, but people brag about having so much control over there bookings by booking direct, and not with a TA. I know a TA could have had that cabin changed upon request. confuesd:confused:

Exactly what changes can a guest make to there reservation through RCCL.com if they made the reservation direct?? :confused:

The RCI RFS's catagory are not usually offered online...lucky for you, you have a TA that would have been working during those holiday hours and been able to make a change with RCI even though they were closed..;)

Archived