New Year and new weight loss goals: SPRING CRUISE

Realblonde474

17 day diet. It was on the show "the Dr's." There is a book that a Dr wrote for the diet.

Its a clean diet that goes through 17 days in a cycle. First cycle starts off with cutting a lot out.

You are to have 2 pro biotic servings, two low sugar fruits, as many veggies and as you want, Protine like chicken, fish, or turkey everyday. Green tea after every meal and 64 oz of water. It is a little more in depth then this, but if you google it you may find more info.

17 day diet. It was on the show "the Dr's." There is a book that a Dr wrote for the diet.

Its a clean diet that goes through 17 days in a cycle. First cycle starts off with cutting a lot out.

You are to have 2 pro biotic servings, two low sugar fruits, as many veggies and as you want, Protine like chicken, fish, or turkey everyday. Green tea after every meal and 64 oz of water. It is a little more in depth then this, but if you google it you may find more info.

Well google here I come!! Sounds pretty interesting!

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to report that I have been on the 17 day diet for a little over 2 weeks and so far I have lost 7 pounds! I know that a few of those pounds are water and all the salt, but its nice to clean that out of my body! When I seen the scale I was a happy girl!

That is great beans79 keep up the great work!!

I've been kicking the workouts into high gear, trying to get extra in, and my eating has been very good(quite proud of myself)!! But you know it takes time which stinks, but the outcome is GREAT!! Plus I have bathing suit and shorts on the brain, thats my incentive!

It does take time, but the extra weight anyone packs on takes time too. I just seems longer to lose it lol! Yes the eatting thing is hard for me because I am such a foodie, but it is all mental and mind control.

I buckle a little every now and again but I have done well and will continue to do so. Key is working out along with diet to see the best results. That is a fact!

Keep up the good work too :)

Well, the exercise is helping me a great deal (between Les Mills Pump and Les Mills Combat) I hobble more than I work but at least I can fit back into most of my cruise clothes.

I hate to use the word "Diet" as I have done them all including the 17. As in this diet, I try to limit wine to the weekends and have plenty of proteins, no dairy, and no refined carbs. I am down almost 10 lbs doing this and it by far works the best for me. And I have found that with any "crash" diet the pounds and then some always come back.

But truly whatever works for you.

Hugs to y'all and let's keep up the great work and sweat!!!

Donna

I don't feel the 17 day diet is crash diet, as I feel it is a lifestyle change. It has opened doors for me on other ways of eating healthy because I found I had to be creative with healthy foods, and I made up healthy recipes that I actually really like.

and it is working for me.....

Morning ladies!!! I can see as our cruises get closer we may be on here a we bit more! lol.. Today (and yes its only 7am ) my body aches yesterday was a good day, although to be honest I wanted chocolate cake in the worst possible way!! Hubby doesnt help because he volunteered to go get me some, but I declined, lol! Yes hubby no willpower !!! Just have to keep thinking cruise cruise cruise!! Although even if I have nothing comig up eating better (which I hate saying diet cause to me it sounds so temporary, but thats just me) and exercising has always been the way..And no matter what you do those two together, always seems to get the best and long lasting results...as much as working out is a pain , its nice to see when you look at your arms,(not big but toned) muscles and to feel them as well!! Well have a great day ladies and talk to you soon!

Hello Everyone!

Count me in! We are cruising on March 1st and I would also like to lose between 10-15 lbs. I have been weight lifting and doing Cardio 4 times a week since the end of October. My trainer had me eating mostly protein. I've lost inches, however, I still would like to lose 10-15 lbs. I also track on my fitness pal. One thing I need to give up is my diet soda addiction. It is so bad for you. My main vice. Ugh! Anyways, I have only 6 weeks so I need to work hard. Let's do it!

Kelly :)

:)TKANDMM Welcome to our little nuthouse!! God I wish I had six weeks, but then again I still would like to lose a good 5 -8 lbs so maybe not! LOL but sounds like you have a good plan for yourself, and you know what whatever works for you! Seems we all here have our own eating plan but as far as exercise we are all the same , cardio and weights!! Keep up the great work and once again WELCOME!!!

I would love to join as I have a cruise in April 2013 .... I am the heaviest I've ever been ....need to lose to feel presentable in a bathing suit ....I've started to log what I eat on South Beach although not really following the plan ....I also have starting doing 45 minutes on a treadmill about 5 days a week. I hope to lose at least 25 lbs by my cruise. I'm a size 12 and hope to get down to 10 at least.

Hi there Jaime1958!! Welcome and yes by all means come and join us!!! We have a great group here Some of us have been here a while , but all have the same goal , getting in shape(no matter what we are doing), eating better(no matter what "plan" we are following) and just a good support group! I'm crusing in April as well but we leave on the 13th, but really not to far away! So Yes , losing for cruising is on the brain!!!

Just found this thread and anxious to join this support group. I am 69 yrs. old and need to lose 20 pounds before my cruise in April. If you think losing is hard when you are young believe me...it crawls when you get older. I am very sedentary and have been trying to go to Planet Fitness 3x/wk. I am not very faithful;( but have been really watching my diet (1000 calories). Have been really good at that. In 3 weeks not one lb. Very discouraged as now I know I have to get my metabolism pumping and I really do not like exercising. I have switched my drink of choice from wine to Vodka tonics with diet tonic water. Good luck to everyone this is really a journey.

Just found this thread and anxious to join this support group. I am 69 yrs. old and need to lose 20 pounds before my cruise in April. If you think losing is hard when you are young believe me...it crawls when you get older. I am very sedentary and have been trying to go to Planet Fitness 3x/wk. I am not very faithful;( but have been really watching my diet (1000 calories). Have been really good at that. In 3 weeks not one lb. Very discouraged as now I know I have to get my metabolism pumping and I really do not like exercising. I have switched my drink of choice from wine to Vodka tonics with diet tonic water. Good luck to everyone this is really a journey.

Hay there Grannyluvs!!! Believe me I can tell the difference in my metabolism as I'm getting closer to 40, LOVELY!!! But also I've always worked out ,even when I was a kid my mom would pop in a Richard Simmons VHS and we'd sweat to the oldies!!! Is it fun now ?? Some days it is others not so much!! But you got to find something you love, but also too make sure your eating enough, if not you may really slow down your metabolism and 1000 cal seems very very low especaily if you are working out.. Maybe talk to one of the trainers at the gym to get some pointers as far as starting a light resistance training routine, its amazing how a little bit of muscle can burn that much more fat!! Well keep up the great work whatever it may be!!! And welcome to our great little group here!!:)

Joining you all..... for my weight loss journey...... to feel better for my next cruise we leave on April 16th. I have been stuck for a few years... not exercising on a regular basis is my biggest problem and battle! So have 84 days... and a goal of 20#.

Hay there wests5!! Welcome to our ever growing thread!!! We seem to have a great little support group here!! YOur cruise isnt too far off from mine and I know of a couple other ladies around here!! Well exercise for some is a huge thing, but small steps, seems to be better thangoing all crazy which alot of times leads to burn out! But even if you canget it in 3 times a week, better than nothing!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!:)

He is so proud of my weight loss success...down 10 pounds and about two sizes from exercise and eating well...

We can do this!!!

Donna

Well He is a keeper, and has great taste(not only in shoes my friend, lol) That is great , 10lbs!! Keep up the great work , not too long now!

oh and as a side note, ordered myself a new bikini(my motivation) well I always get one from Victoria's Secret...I decided to try the bombshell one , you know the one that makes you look twice as big, yeah that baby is going back!! My boobs , lets just says I could use them as a floatation device if needed!! You know I would like to be a little bigger on top, but not that big!! My husband just looked and said" Holy sh--! " My oldest daughter said "that is going back right"?! Lol ,Yeah I believe it is, I feel like i'm all chest and not in a good way!!! So ladies if anyone is ever looking into the Bombshell bathing suit top, yeah it does what it says and then some!! Tip of the day!!:) Now I'm off to a birthady party at a place called launch which just opened up here in RI .. Its a Trampoline indoor park, should be fun!!!

Hi! I have been reading your thread and it is so encouraging:)

Congrats to everyone who is getting motivated and having success

I need people to help motivate and support me as I have been struggling lately:(

I need to lose only about 8-9 lbs but it has been this way for about 2 months despite trying :rolleyes: Not a whole lot but my clothes are so uncomfortable and I refuse to buy more

I exercise daily...it is not an issue. I can run or bike forever and am an endurance athlete... I struggle with food. I can pack it away and always want to. My goal is to maintain my exercise but be better with food, 1600 calories a day and cutting back on alcohol( no more daily glass of wine), and cutting back on sweets. Once I taste a sweet treat I want more.

I have 2 cruises coming up. One in a month and one in about 10 weeks. Hopefully I can lose a few lbs before the first one, stay steady and then lose a few more by the second one. If I lose a lb a week I should be good to go for the second cruise. This should be an attainable goal with my running schedule. Here goes :cool:

Hay there Couchy!! We really do have a great support group here and we started this I think a year ago?! Gotta look ! But nothing like a trip to get those goals of getting in shape or eating better or both to kick into high gear!! I'm with you on the wine (as I know a couple other ladies around here, COUGH, RealBlonde74 COUGH, COUGH,LOL) that I cannot give up on my diet !! NO matter what , I'll give up anything else (well coffee comes in a close second) But not that!!! The eating thing for me too is the hardest. I do great all week long, when the weekend comes I let go just a small bit on sat and do somewhat better on sunday ...But monday, yeah back to the grind!!! Exercise I dont really mind, as I was informed by my 12 yr old that I really do seem like I "love it"!! Eh, I like the "almost done " part and the after effects of clothes fitting better!! Yes I am vain !!! Well I hope you enjoy our little nutty family here, it does keep growing and growing:)

Yes, I do glass my big glass or two of wine for stress each night. But here's how I been able to control it and lose some weight:

1. I try very hard to only have wine on the weekends...and sometimes the weekend starts on Thursday night but it does help.

2. During the week when I get home from work and find myself reaching for the corkscrew, I grab the DVD remote instead and do a workout DVD instead (I love my Les Mills Pump and Combat). Generally by the time I have completed the class I find that I really don't want the wine (as much).

3. I drink a bottle of soda water each evening instead as well. That gives me something to "do"

Those are just my little tips...

So glad that the newbies have joined us...welcome to our party!!!!

Hugs to y'all

Donna:D

Edited by Realblonde474