New Year and new weight loss goals: SPRING CRUISE

Realblonde474

Good job to everyone. i find that food journaling and keeping track of exercise on Lose it is very helpful. Holds me accountable. If anyone decides to join it is fee and you can be friends with people so they can comment on your progress. I am found on there under Margot Parraghi . Hope to see you guys on there. I think I may be down a pound or 2 but don't really give much value to that since it can change day to day. I really try to go by how I look and feel. I feel good just hoping to see some results soon. Although I won't be attempting a bikini I will be happy the way I look in my suit. Keep up the good work:)

I have always said you really can't go by the numbers because they are up and down by the minute.....It is inches and overall how your clothes feel and how you feel. If you feel bloated then that is just gross, but if you are feeling "taller" slimmer, not stuffed into clothes like a sausage....then screw the numbers :)

Have a great day everyone

oh yeah I am also on another thread but the more I read the more I like the positive, encouraging atmosphere of everyone on the same page

oh and as a side note, ordered myself a new bikini(my motivation) well I always get one from Victoria's Secret...I decided to try the bombshell one , you know the one that makes you look twice as big, yeah that baby is going back!! My boobs , lets just says I could use them as a floatation device if needed!! You know I would like to be a little bigger on top, but not that big!! My husband just looked and said" Holy sh--! " My oldest daughter said "that is going back right"?! Lol ,Yeah I believe it is, I feel like i'm all chest and not in a good way!!! So ladies if anyone is ever looking into the Bombshell bathing suit top, yeah it does what it says and then some!! Tip of the day!!:) Now I'm off to a birthady party at a place called launch which just opened up here in RI .. Its a Trampoline indoor park, should be fun!!!

Trampoline park????? where in RI? My grandson would love it

Trampoline park????? where in RI? My grandson would love it

In Warwick on Route 2 ..Not sure if you are familiar with inskip dealership is, well in the back where Planet Fitness is, there is Launch , the name of the trampoline park....also if you know where the Sam's club is the park is near by...Its pretty cool the girls loved it(lots of kids, think it would be great if they had an Adult night, lol ) they also have dodge ball on the trampoline as well! My girls were hurting yesterday, told them thats good!!! (i'm so nice )

Yes, I do glass my big glass or two of wine for stress each night. But here's how I been able to control it and lose some weight:

1. I try very hard to only have wine on the weekends...and sometimes the weekend starts on Thursday night but it does help.

2. During the week when I get home from work and find myself reaching for the corkscrew, I grab the DVD remote instead and do a workout DVD instead (I love my Les Mills Pump and Combat). Generally by the time I have completed the class I find that I really don't want the wine (as much).

3. I drink a bottle of soda water each evening instead as well. That gives me something to "do"

Those are just my little tips...

So glad that the newbies have joined us...welcome to our party!!!!

Hugs to y'all

Donna:D

Thanks Donna and Joly for the encouragement:)

Donna - my problem is once the 1st glass goes down I am very easily persuaded in a 2nd glass. If I have that 2nd drink I tend to eat again and I am more apt to make poor decisions on food choices. I am currently on the no drinking during the week rule and have survived the first 3 nights :rolleyes:

My second issue is I love eating out. Eating out means a couple drinks and I can usually make ok food choices at dinner but 2 hours later I am hungry because I had more than 1 drink :eek: Its a nasty little cycle. I am working on it though

YOu know Donna, I think if we ever cruised together we'd get into ALOT of trouble, lol! And I feel like my cold is getting better by the minute, lol:)

I could definitely help make a nice little bar tab with you ladies :D

I know it's a terrible cycle when you eat out and especially when combined with wine. But I can tell you skipping wine (for me) works.

I am down two more pounds and feel fantastic.

You might trying jumping on the scale to see how your three days off have helped!!!

Keep up the great work!

Donna

Thanks Donna and Joly for the encouragement:)

I could definitely help make a nice little bar tab with you ladies :D

Thats what we're here for!!! And I got to say we have quite a few wine lovers on these boards!!!! Quite a few!

Hello Ladies:

Good news... I am down 1.8 lbs this week. I am very excited. Three days with no wine :eek: and no eating out. I also exercised a lot so that helped. Here comes the weekend :eek: This is where I typically fail. I told my husband to keep me on track this weekend. My goal is not to gain anything back. I think I will be ok tonight. I am taking my dad to a hockey game for his b day. I don't like the food options there so there will be no temptation. I also do not like any of their wine or liquor choices and I don't drink beer so no alcohol again today:D

Tomorrow the plan is a looonnnnng run. This is normal on Saturdays. We then are going out to dinner but it is a seafood place and i always ordered my fish dry and just squeeze some lemon on it. I will probably have a drink here( maybe 2:rolleyes:) I told my husband not to let me go overboard or to have another drink after we get home.

Here's to a no sabotage weekend :o

Good luck to everyone

That is wonderful! I know that you must be so proud of your progress. I tell myself that every bite and sip matters.

And I know the issues about the weekends as that is when I get into trouble as well. I have a six mile hike planned with a few friends on Saturday AM at Kennesaw Mountain State Park. It will be cold but great exercise.

Like you, I try to plan my meals when and where I go out to eat. It's almost fun (and sometimes scary) researching the meals and the calories counts for each. But it helps!

As we leave next Friday to start our drive to Ft. Lauderdale, I plan to shop and start packing this weekend.

We can do this!!!!

Hugs!

Donna

Edited by Realblonde474

Couchy thats great!!! Keep that up !! So hard though on the weekends , but I think exercising does help, so even if you go a little over (which I do on saturdays) the exercising evens you out(most of the time)!

And Donna thats fabulous for you too especially with having sickness in the house sometimes throws your schedule off . Next week is your week WOOHOO for you girl!!!! And yes I am jealous!!!(all out of love though!:p)

Been reading these threads for awhile.....too many to get through. I did WW 11 years ago and lost 50 pounds. I have kept all but 10 off......Christmas Day I started the "Daniel Plan" and lost 7 pounds, but this past weekend was DH birthday and well....I blew it. I am up two pounds...I need to lose 6 more..(10 more would be ideal) but that last 5 seems so hard.....

Daniel Plan is very hard....no whites, bread, mostly veggies, only green tea and water.

Any good tips out there? I am going to give up the alcohol again....I usually only have wine on the weekends but boy does that add up. This past week I had 3 glasses and I haven't had any since before Christmas!:eek:

So any tips to help I would appreciate it! Going to try to stick to nothing white....(And I have a birthday party tonight!!

I do not cruise till Oct. but we have a 2 week vacation in March....(at the beach so I want to lose that 6 pounds!!!!!!!!!

I am an avid walker....2 miles or a good walking work out tape 6 days a week.

Been reading these threads for awhile.....too many to get through. I did WW 11 years ago and lost 50 pounds. I have kept all but 10 off......Christmas Day I started the "Daniel Plan" and lost 7 pounds, but this past weekend was DH birthday and well....I blew it. I am up two pounds...I need to lose 6 more..(10 more would be ideal) but that last 5 seems so hard.....

Daniel Plan is very hard....no whites, bread, mostly veggies, only green tea and water.

Any good tips out there? I am going to give up the alcohol again....I usually only have wine on the weekends but boy does that add up. This past week I had 3 glasses and I haven't had any since before Christmas!:eek:

So any tips to help I would appreciate it! Going to try to stick to nothing white....(And I have a birthday party tonight!!

I do not cruise till Oct. but we have a 2 week vacation in March....(at the beach so I want to lose that 6 pounds!!!!!!!!!

I am an avid walker....2 miles or a good walking work out tape 6 days a week.

Hay there sunlover5!! Welcome !! Well those last 5-10 lbs are always a pain to come off, does'nt take much to put then on thats for sure, lol!

But have you thought about mixingup your exercise routine? Maybe adding weights or cross training ?? Sometimes a litle change there would be more of a benefit to you than cutting calories too much.. although cutting out bread seems to help alot of people (I know it does with myself ) and 6lbs by march, thats very doable just have to have patience , which is easier said than done!

Yes, I have a tape I do with weights, some days I do the exercise bike, or sometimes just walk.

Any good tapes to suggest...I can't do all that stuff hard on the knees, etc.

Appreciate it!

Today eating has gone good. But, oh I have a birthday party in a half hour so I will try to be good.

Rode the exercise bike 5 miles.

Feeling a bit frustrated today. I thought I did ok over the weekend but maybe not. I was up .8. Hoping it was sodium and it will be gone by tomorrow. I have been working out hard 6x a week. I just need to make good food choices :o

I leave in a little over 2 weeks for that first cruise and I am excited and nervous.

Can't wait for the cruise but also don't want to gain 5lbs:eek: I know what to do to not gain I just don't know if I will have the will power to do it. Anyways... this week will be a good for me I know it

Hope everyone else is hanging in there... sunlover - I am right there with you with this last 5-10lbs.... the hardest ones:rolleyes:

Have a great week everyone

Hay ladies !! Ok let me first let mesay my body is killing me!! I think its is its way of saying "please no cardio today"!! I've been going at it hard and today waking up, took effort!!! I didwork my upper body and abs, but I think I need to take today off from cardio. As much as I feel guilty, I just feel so crappy....But On a brighter note(lol) some of you ladies will be leaving soon for your cruises!! You know its so hard not to gain weight on one, even if you do exercise still and watch what you eat(which i will already say I won't, but I will exercise, "try") I mean they way cook on a cruise , they use so many more seasonings and salt than we ever do at home, so no wonder a couple days into the cruise you feel bloated!! LOL !

I've learned though , trying to think where I read it to take something with a diaretic (sp) with you . Kinda like something for PMS , I took pamprin with me last yr and that helped..I took a couple a day and it helped with avoiding the cankles!!! And I drink alot of water(but to be honest more booze on the cruise) Well As far as different workout tapes or DVDs, I love anything by Gilad, he does that bodies in motion and getting fit on Discovery channel..Also I still love old tae bo, just take it down a notch if your bothered by the jumping...Slim in Six is pretty good, I could go on and on I have quite the Library, lol!!

OOh also if you have cox or even verizon in their on demand section there usually is a free zone, there you can look up(I know cox has it) fit and health, which has free workouts that are pretty good! I found one that I loved so much I bought, Its the Barre Extend workout, lean and chisled...Got to say one of my favs, and its in sections, which is great!! Ok I feel like I have motor mouth, which if you met me I do in person as well!! (helps with working in a salon ) And ladies we can't beat ourselves up if we did'nt eat perfect or workout enough, you know why?? We're real people not fitness models or celebs who are airbrushed and beyond in some mags and have people to cook , clean ,take care of the kids or train them! The pounds will come off, its never as quick as we like but everyday life is like that...Some things just get in the way, whether its a party, holiday, stress, or my personal fav WINE!!! What can you do??? LOL , OK motor mouth is out......For now anyway , stay well ladies!:)

Hi Ladies!

Great thread you have here! I wish I had found it sooner. I leave in 31 days for my first cruise with my boyfriend. He cruises every year and loves it. I am very excited!

My journey started 2 years ago. I have lost 65 pounds in those two years. I would love to lose 13 in the next 30 days. It is doable, but hard. I bought some great clothes to wear on the cruise, but they don't quite fit yet!

I know that slow and steady wins the race, and I feel that is why I have been successful in keeping the 65 off. I changed the way I eat and started working out. I am now trying carb cycling, and lost 4 pounds in 3 days. It does work, and if you aren't addicted to carbs it is really easy. You do 3 days of low carbs, one day of moderate carbs and keep repeating. I also started interval running on the treadmill and I think that is helping too. I'm not a runner, but I can do it for a minute at a time. Trying to do more weights than cardio also. A friend of mine did Slim for Life once, and she said they have you eat a 1/4 cup of parsley when you hit a plateau. I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it works or not !

Good luck to everyone!

In our count but not pounds..

Welcome to all our newbies!

Just a few points:

*The scale is a cruel GOD to judge your day by, so an 0.8 pounds is not a big deal...I would bet that you have lost it by now.

*Another great tip that I have found is to start each day with a cup of warm water and a squeeze or two of lemon juice. You will feel great, trust me!

It's been diffcult for me to exercise this week (Sunday is supposed to be my off day and Monday too much work and drama) BUT today no matter what happens I am going to crank up those DVD's. I did buy two great new dresses for the cruise and my sweetie was so pleased. They look great!

Let's all keep up the great work! Together we can do this, no matter what your number of pounds to lose or days to depature.

Hugs to all!

Donna

Jolyroger, thank you for the tips on the workout tapes...I will look into some of those. Had a good workout Monday and today! Started back journaling what I eat everyday.

I love my wine too.....and I miss it....:(

Hope everyone had a good start to their week.

Hay ladies !! Ok let me first let mesay my body is killing me!! I think its is its way of saying "please no cardio today"!! I've been going at it hard and today waking up, took effort!!! I didwork my upper body and abs, but I think I need to take today off from cardio. As much as I feel guilty, I just feel so crappy....But On a brighter note(lol) some of you ladies will be leaving soon for your cruises!! You know its so hard not to gain weight on one, even if you do exercise still and watch what you eat(which i will already say I won't, but I will exercise, "try") I mean they way cook on a cruise , they use so many more seasonings and salt than we ever do at home, so no wonder a couple days into the cruise you feel bloated!! LOL !

I've learned though , trying to think where I read it to take something with a diaretic (sp) with you . Kinda like something for PMS , I took pamprin with me last yr and that helped..I took a couple a day and it helped with avoiding the cankles!!! And I drink alot of water(but to be honest more booze on the cruise) Well As far as different workout tapes or DVDs, I love anything by Gilad, he does that bodies in motion and getting fit on Discovery channel..Also I still love old tae bo, just take it down a notch if your bothered by the jumping...Slim in Six is pretty good, I could go on and on I have quite the Library, lol!!

I know what you mean about the body asking for a day of no cardio. I woke up today and my body is screaming at me:rolleyes:

I am going to try to make some decent choices on my cruise in a couple weeks but I am trying to be realistic with myself as well. I know getting enough water is hard for me on vaca because I always tend to reach for the booze instead:D

In our count but not pounds..

Welcome to all our newbies!

Just a few points:

*The scale is a cruel GOD to judge your day by, so an 0.8 pounds is not a big deal...I would bet that you have lost it by now.

*Another great tip that I have found is to start each day with a cup of warm water and a squeeze or two of lemon juice. You will feel great, trust me!

It's been diffcult for me to exercise this week (Sunday is supposed to be my off day and Monday too much work and drama) BUT today no matter what happens I am going to crank up those DVD's. I did buy two great new dresses for the cruise and my sweetie was so pleased. They look great!

Let's all keep up the great work! Together we can do this, no matter what your number of pounds to lose or days to depature.

Hugs to all!

Donna

Thanks Donna for the encouragement. I know the scale stinks:mad:

I am trying so hard, but my will power is sometimes dreadfully weak:eek:

I am really just trying to get these last few lbs off quickly but I may have to settle for slower progress and be alright with it mentally. I know that it is not a sprint I just have to let that work its way into my heart:o

Hello to our new members. Keep your chin up and keep exercising

Hope everyone is doing good, not only in our "losing for crusing"(lol) but at home as well, weather wise.. I know we had some crazy wind here last nite , blew down some of our fence, but that was all, thank god!! Lots of power outages out as well(knock on wood we're good) My oldest though is home cause her school had no power, she's lovin it cause no little sister around, lol!! Donna, hope all is good with you , I know the weather has been very extreame over there, PLEASE , take care and be safe, I know you'll be making that drive soon.. The rest of you ladies thinking of you all, Our cruises are coming up pretty fast!! Before you know it we'll be taking out the luggage!! Well take care and talk to you soon!

Kerri

Good morning on this cold, windy, snowy Feb. 1 here in Ohio!!

Brrrrr........I will be ready for my Florida trip in March...hopefully weight wise too!!

I weigh in on Fridays....down 1 pound....better than up one!

4 more to go to get to my target weight........

Have a great day and great weekend!

Hope all is safe in this nasty weather going through....

Great job Sunlover5 and always great when it goes down !! And March will be here before you know it Jan seemed to fly by!! Well I feel pretty good weight wise, When I weighed in the begining of Jan I'm down 5lbs, So I am thrilled!! Now I would'nt mind a couple more to put me at my Happy "cruise Weight"!!! But I am not complaining !! I tried on my Skinny jeans as I like to call them and they fit pretty good!!! So I'm pretty proud..But As we all know gotta just keep it up!! Well It so cold here in RI, we went from being in the high50's which is great for RI in Jan to in the 20's, and they're calling for that white crap again this weekend...Nothing big though..Well hope everyone is doing great, the weekend is coming so hopefully everyone will take care and have some WINE!!!!! (I know I will once I get home from work today, LOL!!)