New Year and new weight loss goals: SPRING CRUISE

Realblonde474

Things are a bit nuts here between the EX trying stupid stuff (again) but I am on track with my weight and diet. I have started walking/jogging each morning for about 30 minutes or so. It truly helps with my energy level and attitude. And of course, i am going to LifeTime Fitness most night. Tonight is SPIN and an 30 minute AB class.

Hope that you are well!

Take care and hugs from ATL!

Donna:eek:

Things are a bit nuts here between the EX trying stupid stuff (again) but I am on track with my weight and diet. I have started walking/jogging each morning for about 30 minutes or so. It truly helps with my energy level and attitude. And of course, i am going to LifeTime Fitness most night. Tonight is SPIN and an 30 minute AB class.

Hope that you are well!

Take care and hugs from ATL!

Donna:eek:

Glad your doing good Donna, especially with all thats going on! And the best thing is keeping up with your diet and exercise, jogging I always found is such a great stress reliever!! Keep that head up my friend , although you seem to be doing a great job! Well my week is not too crazy thank god! Cakes and parties went so good, now its getting our stuff ready for our Disney trip, planning my girls bday party and moving to another Salon!! Not too crazy! Talk to you soon and take care!

Crazy ???? No, thats putting it lightly, lol! Oh well thats ok, finished school shopping yesterday, took luggage out yesterday (my youngest proceeded to pack which was interesting because her American Girl doll had more clothes than her, lol yes I will be looking over her suitcase and taking lots out) still trying to plan their Bday Party before we leave so I can get invites out!! And end of this week move to another salon...Not crazy though, lol..I hope your doing good and that Ex is leaving you be, take care and talk to you soon!

I know that things are crazy for you...only 11 days! When do your kids go back to school? The 13th of August for my high schoolers and I will move my oldest into her dorm on the 17th.

My diet and exercise are going ok (actually down about 5 lbs)..still waiting to be served by the EX but I am blessed and grateful that my BF of 10 years is ready and more than willing to help anyway that he can both emotionally and financially with the legal fees.

But enough about that....keep in touch (when you can between everthing)

Take care!

Donna

Yeah things are crazy but good crazy if that makes sence!! I have the girls bday party all set, there is a month or so between them and its so much easier (and cheaper ) to have one big party!! Invites will go out some time this week , just have to make them up... The luggage is out , I have piles starting here and there.. Glad to hear your diet is going ok hay 5lbs that great and with all your going through with the Ex , sometimes with stress you can go either way, the lbs come on or you lose it!! And to have a Bf that is there for you, through thick and thin, that right there is quite the measure of a great man!! I gotta say I have a great husband myself and in this day and age talking to different women, ( sometimes I feel like a therapist, lol) god I feel so fortunate..I mean whats out there, yeah Donna to be in a good, solid, supportive relationship, we're lucky!! Well my friend I can't believe its August, my girls go back to school the 28th which is good, they need a schedule back again, God I can only imagine College for your oldest , how are you holding up with that??

Well I talked to much and I'll leave you be:D!! Have a great weekend and talk to you soon!

PS did y ou see, we are up to 15 pages?? Dear lord!! LOL

Edited by jolyroger

Well my youngest and I are packed!! My hubby and my oldest they'll be packed come Sunday.......I'm all moved into my new salon, its so pretty and new, tomorrow first day working there!! Now Its the waiting game, I really can't wait t o go away!! I am still working out every day but Saturdays, I'm trying and trying being the key word to be good as far as eating......I know that is such a big key in the whole weight loss but I'm trying!!!! GOd I can't believe its already Tuesday, going by so very fast....Thanks so much for thinking of me, I hope everything is going good for you!! Talk to you soon.

Thinking of you but I hate to bother you with mindless postings as I know that you are busy!

Post pictures when you return and then we can start chatting about our upcoming cruises.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others...

Hugs and safe travels,

Donna

BTW..I am six pounds closer to my goal :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
:confused::confused:I have another cruise scheduled in February. And I have really cranked my weight loss goals...down 12 pounds!

Anyone else getting started again?

Donna

Hay there donna! God its been to long, disney is done (which was great) Kids party finished and they're back in school, WOOHOO , Got a new puppy in between it all , the most cutest choc Lab( yes I am biased, lol) and need to lose about 10lbs!! So yes count me in!! I am more disgusted with myself , I swear now that I am getting closer to 40, losing even a pound is such a pain!!! I do weights and cardio which I'm thinking may not be doing enough cardio....But guess the bread that hubby brings home needs to be on my "don't eat " list!! But I really would like to still have my small glass of wine, some things I just can't cut, you know what I mean? LOL! So yes I HAVE to get started again, cruise is not till April but I would like to be quite hot by then!! YOu know make it through the holidasy without gaining!! So yes I'm in , again! Talk to you soon cause hunny I need all the help and support I can get!:)

hello I have 221 days until my cruise and my goal is to be down a minimum of 75 pounds, I am doing Body by Vi protein shakes and I am down 10 pounds in 2 weeks, I love this shakes because it is a vanilla cream powder that mixes easy with coconut milk and a litle pineapple juice and ice I am dreaming of sitting on deck sipping pinacoladas. :)

Welcome to the Boards!! I 've heard of the body by Vi, glad its working for you!! I've looked into that but my only concern is what happens after you switch to "normal" food instead of the shakes.... But if its working for you thats great!!! Your countdown sounds like mine we dont leave until April next yr so yes we're in the 200's as well!!! But I think with that much time and if your already on a good plan, 75 lbs is such a great goal and acheivable!! My sister inlaw who is also cruising with us in april is in the same boat as you(no pun intented, lol) she has 75lbs to lose and she has said while she's at the gym her brain is thinking about about the cruise! But there are a great group of ladies her so if you need support we're a good group!!!

I agree with Joly..restrictive diets are great to get started BUT after you go off is always trouble. For example, HCG and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the 1st two weeks, lose 10 or pounds but after I go off the shot, the first bite of any carb (even the good kind) slams 5 pounds back on my butt.

Still whatever its takes is my motto!

Good luck to all and happy Thursday!

Donna

PS: I use certain outfits as my motivation...going so far as to hang them in my closet and do "try ons" as the pounds drop off!

Donna

I agree with Joly..restrictive diets are great to get started BUT after you go off is always trouble. For example, HCG and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the 1st two weeks, lose 10 or pounds but after I go off the shot, the first bite of any carb (even the good kind) slams 5 pounds back on my butt.

Still whatever its takes is my motto!

Good luck to all and happy Thursday!

Donna

PS: I use certain outfits as my motivation...going so far as to hang them in my closet and do "try ons" as the pounds drop off!

Donna

We really need a "like" button around here! lol

Doing real good!! Over weekend went to a yard sale and bought a Treadmill (i've been looking for one for a while) Hubby had spotted it, great story to go along .. The seller had paid $1200.00 for it nice nordic Track different programs and such, but started skipping after a few times he used it...So he could'nt figure what was wrong with it so he put it in his garage...He told my husband that he just wanted to get rid of it and could have it for $25.00!!! Well I tried it at the sellers house and yes it did skip, but I knew my husband could fix it!!! So we got it home took off the cover husband cleaned the motor belt and knock on wood it works great!!!! So I have been using it and I do love it!!! Another fun story (well now I can say funny) Sunday nite I went on youtube cause I wanted to learn a new dance move called "gangdom style ( spelling ?) well your truly was doing it and somehow I twisted my ankle and oh did it blow up!!! Little bruised now , but its better(i'm kinda a glutton cause I've still been working out) Hay I'm in that "zone"!!! LOl you know Donna what I'm talking about!! WEll those are my stories for now , I swear never a dull moment!! Hope everyone is doing good!!! Under 200 days till our next cruise!!!

Wonderful for you with the treadmill and I will look up that "dance" on youtube. But I am sorry about your ankle! I know you have heard (but like me don't practice) of RICE.

Yes, the "zone" is an amazing place, I just wish I could stay there every day! I had to "retire" my 150 per month gym membership (money and convience issues) and it truly seems that I am working out more now at home than ever before. I guess when I belonged to the gym, I felt I could only work out there BUT without it, I sneak in 20 or 40 minute DVD's all the time. I embarassed my kids doing ZUMBA last week and I am enjoying (and limping) with the 30 day shred at home as well. I have some hand weights that work the same way as those at my gym :D

And I try to do a long walk (4 miles or so) at least three times a week at a local park and/or my neighborhood.

The scale is at least moving in the right direction (although too slow for me) and I know we are both going to look "HOT" for our respective cruises! Can't wait!

BTW, are you on Facebook ? If you are me know and I will "friend" you.

Take care of yourself!

Donna

Embarssing the kids is the greatest!!! Especially as they get older it gets so much easier, lol!! Glad to hear that your keeping up the great work and at home..Gym memberships start off so cheap and then they slowly creep up!!! And if you can do it at home, even better , but I so understand about how easy it can get to come up with other things to do, but just remember that your "workout time" is just as important!!! I know here in RI once the cold weather sets in October through feb can be rough and add some snow to that mix, yeah to me who would want to drive to the gym in that!

Before we know it your cruise will be here , then me!!!! First though we have to get through the holidays, it would be nice to make it through without a too much of a gain!

OOh and yes I am on Facebook and I would LOVE to be your friend on there!! My Name Kerri Joly!! Hope to hear from you soon, gotta get ready now to go make some ladies hands and feet beautiful!

Hey gals! It's been awhile! I see you both have new cruises booked!!

Things have finally calmed down for me (from crazy busy to just plain busy...lol). I graduated nursing school, went on my last cruise, got a job in the surgical ICU and have been working for 3.5 months (and I love it!)...and hubby has started nursing school.

We just booked a vacay for next May and I thought of you guys. My weight has been all over the place with all the stress and changes, but I'm down 17lbs in the last 2 months...so officially lower than I was on my May cruise. Yay!

Still trying to keep up with the workouts, though it's been hard cause hubby has been renovating the garage space where we've set up our home gym plus my work schedule is taking some getting used to. I like only working 3 days/week, but 12 hour days is sometimes exhausting!

As for vacay we decided to go with an all-inclusive in Riviera Maya...trying something different.

I see you guys have been staying just as busy as me!! Lots of stuff going on...and just biding our time til the next vacation!!!

Take care... I'll be checking in more frequently!

Jenny

Hay there stranger, welcome back!! And great job on the weight loss and a new job to boot!! Hang in there with that work schedule of yours sooner or later (from what i hear ) you do get use to it, but I can see how tiring it can be! Talk to you soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hay there!! Hope Everyone is doing good and staying safe, not sure who has been hit yet with Sandy, but she's coming our way tomorow!! I think if the kids ask me one more time if school if cancelled I'm gonna scream!! LOL !! Well the holidays are coming and in comes the lovely task of staying on track!! Exercising for me is not the problem, its the cookies people bring into work and all that other "holiday" Stuff! Well just keep moving and hopefully that scale won't seem so bad !! Talk to you all soon!! And please Stay safe!!