New Year and new weight loss goals: SPRING CRUISE

Realblonde474

Hope y'all are doing well. Got a great workout in on Saturday. 1 hour of cardio and 1 hours of barbell.

Did great with food and wine then I started feeling funny last night.

Wicked, gross gastro flu but at least I am down 4 pounds, don't ask me how....

:(

Donna

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better. I lost a pound last week because of our illnesses too. Not a fun way to lose! I'm getting back on the treadmill today . @Jolyroger, I know what you mean...45 days and I'm starting to feel like I should kick it up a notch. :D

I just sat back and realized that I have 25 days....holy moly I have lots to do. My goal was to lose 15-20 pounds I hit the 20 pound mark this morning so was super excited. I still have 3 weeks left so trying to lose a few more to have a cushion for the weight I know I will gain back. Going shopping this weekend so will see what that brings.

I think everyone has done a good job!

I just sat back and realized that I have 25 days....holy moly I have lots to do. My goal was to lose 15-20 pounds I hit the 20 pound mark this morning so was super excited. I still have 3 weeks left so trying to lose a few more to have a cushion for the weight I know I will gain back. Going shopping this weekend so will see what that brings.

Congratulations on 20 pounds. That's great!

Wow,thats great!! Congrats on such a great weight loss!! And I so understand about having a little cushion room for a little weight gain. Because no matter how good one can try to be on a cruise, it just happens!

Wow,thats great!! Congrats on such a great weight loss!! And I so understand about having a little cushion room for a little weight gain. Because no matter how good one can try to be on a cruise, it just happens!

Oh, I already have dreams of the food I am going to eat :)

Oh, I already have dreams of the food I am going to eat :)

LOL!! I know me too!! As I was working out this morning I said to myself "this is for the Chocolate Molten Cake, Or my many "Happy Beverages""!!! Or as I passed on the cake this weekend I thought to myself "oh yeah save those calories now cause that cruise is coming "!

Next Month for me!! OMG! I just noticed , YOUR LEAVING THIS MONTH!!!!!!! Does'nt it feel great to say that?!

Edited by jolyroger

Just a question that popped into my mind, does anyone's Husbands work out ? Or is it just you? My hubby has absolutly no desire , I love the man to death but he really should (family history heartattacks )and you really can't make them..He always says "God bless ya for waking up at 5 , I give you all the credit'! my response , well number one , and I guess its a little vain, I like how my clothes fit when I do and I feel good after and yes its good for my health!

Wednesday PM did cardio and barbell, tonight 1 hour of cardio planned and maybe some yoga or something fun. Thanks for all of the get well wishes.

I am so impressed with everyone's progress. The PMS Monster is rearing it's ugly head but since I am so CLOSE to my departure, the chips and wine are out.

Been very good with my food and alcohol intake and althought I haven't lost more than about 10 pounds my clothes are fitting much better. I am going to start to pull clothes out of the closet to mix and match and organize.

My honey doesn't workout but appreciates the work I do. He was jock in high school but between work and etc...also I believe the motivation is personal and we can't make them anymore than they can make us.

Hugs to you all.

Donna

My honey doesn't workout but appreciates the work I do. He was jock in high school but between work and etc...also I believe the motivation is personal and we can't make them anymore than they can make us.

Hugs to you all.

Donna

Funny you should say that, I had tried on my new bathing suit the other day to show my hubby...His response " Thank You for waking up at 5 every day and working out"!!!(and he had his other sweet words to go along with that, if you catch my drift;)) Yes he is very appreciative which makes me feel great.. We're pretty Lucky considering there are some women whose husbands never say a thing...My sister in law at one time lost over 70lbs....Her husband never said a word...And let me tell you she worked her butt off!

Yeah, my hubby wants to work out but his job is really busy this time of year. He needs to lose weight for health reasons also. I do think my working out is convincing him to make the time...I hope so! Oh yeah, he is very appreciative of my exercising - many good comments!

Back from vacation. Cruise was ok, not nearly as nice or as good of food as our last one, but a vacation so can't complain. I worked out and ran almost everyday. Out of 8 days ran or worked out 6 of them and tried to keep my eating in check. No gain so I am happy :)

Back from vacation. Cruise was ok, not nearly as nice or as good of food as our last one, but a vacation so can't complain. I worked out and ran almost everyday. Out of 8 days ran or worked out 6 of them and tried to keep my eating in check. No gain so I am happy :)

No gain? Wow!!! That's great. I'm not sure if I will be that good on our trip, lol.

Wow , thats great on not gaining, that stinks about the cruise.. I'll have to agree with Fruth, not sure if I can say the same After our April cruise!! Welcome back home !!

:) My DH works out daily for health reasons, he didn't want to take medication the rest of his life so he watches his weight and what he eats. Sometimes its annoying but I am glad to have a workout buddy it makes it easier, he doesn't snack so it helps for me not to.

I am so glad to hear someone cruised and did not gain weight, my plan is to work out and keep my eating and drinking in check but thats easier said than done.:rolleyes:

Good luck with the weekend coming up everyone. Weekends are harder for me we tend to eat out and drink with friends.

PS My jeans are getting loose. Almost down a full size. Woo hoo!

You know I was starting to reply to this last nite and my youngest came in the room and well, you know how that goes... Then it dawned on me this morning....Now back to those jeans being loose, that is great it really is such a great feeling when you put them on and they just don't fit...But in a good way!!! To me as much as I like to see those numbers go down on the scale, nothing is a better way to tell how your doing than trying on clothes!!!

No gain on a cruise is great. I remember my first cruise I gained 10 pounds, the last 3 but I am kind of worried now because I do exercise everyday and watch my calories that I am going to blow up quickly. The only good thing is if you gain it fast you seem to lose it quickly when you go back to your normal habits.

My son hit his 40 pound mark today, I am so proud on him. We are going to go get him some new shorts tonight and going to use my gift card for Red Lobster that I have been saving :eek:. Going to try to get a really good workout in today cause I love Red Lobster!

No gain on a cruise is great. I remember my first cruise I gained 10 pounds, the last 3 but I am kind of worried now because I do exercise everyday and watch my calories that I am going to blow up quickly. The only good thing is if you gain it fast you seem to lose it quickly when you go back to your normal habits.

My son hit his 40 pound mark today, I am so proud on him. We are going to go get him some new shorts tonight and going to use my gift card for Red Lobster that I have been saving :eek:. Going to try to get a really good workout in today cause I love Red Lobster!

Wow thats great !!!And going shopping thats going to be even more fun!!! Have fun tonight at Red Lobster, we don't one around here anymore, plenty of Italian places (which I love ) or steak places but not many seafood..

Hi there ladies!! Hope everyone is doing good!! Had to share this because I'm Hoping I'm not the only one who does this! Went shopping last nite hubby and I for cruise I went to try on some dresses, which to me is such a great feeling when you actually get to see all your hard work of from working out..Well tried on a dress that had one thick strap on one shoulder and none on the other, well let me tell you I felt so good!! Loved how my arms and shoulders looked, and yes I flexed my muscles (god I am so corny!) ..But I did'nt get the dress because I wanted one in a better color ..Anyhow I was telling my hubby about the dress( he was off trying on stuff himself) and how great my arms looked, what does he say "let me guess, did you flex your arms?" All I did was look at him and smiled and he started laughing then said " boy you really are an italian are'nt you"!...Why yes I am!!! I know I can't be the only one that does the flex thing, hay I felt great !! I could'nt help it!!!! Well Can't believe on 5 weeks to go!! Its getting here and my luggage is calling for me!!!! Talk to you ladies soon! Stay well everyone!

Hey there, Miss Joly, and yes do I flex! You go girl and congrats on your progress.

I tried on my dresses for the cruise on Thursday and most are great but a couple are still tight across my BUTT. So frustrated because I have loss some weight and my arms/back/legs/shoulders are great but my BUTT is still BIG...we aren't talking a shelf or anything but it still there. My sweetie said that alot had to do with how small my waist had become but I think he had other motives. I did buy two new dresses on Saturday and they do look great and both are form fitting (I do have a very pronounced hour glass)

Oh well, such a problem.

In the next few days, I am going to do more cardio for longer times, and from everything that I have read that will help me reduce my weight as long as I continue to lift one or two days a week.

Hope y'all are well!

Donna

Glad all is well with everyone. Although I don't have any cruise to look forward to at this time, I want to stay in touch :)

Back on the game plan for me and my Hubby has decided join me.

Went and stocked the house with lots of fruits, veggies and lean meats.

Next vacation for us looks like a trip to FL with all 4 kiddies in Dec. then an all inclusive March/April 2013.

hey there MamaParr....and I so glad that you are still hanging with us. And yes, I will stick around as well "after the big cruise".

Just back from an hour of cardio, now out to dinner with the kids.

Am I the only person who "dreams" of the clothes she will wear when....

during my hour of cardio...

I swear I run a personal fashion show in my head when I getting bored on the Precor...whatever keeps our motivation goin...right?

Take care y'all!

Donna:cool:

Hay there Mamaparr!! Even after my cruise I'll be back here as well! We have a great support group going on here!!

RealBlonde474, I do as well let the mind wander when I work out, makes the time go by faster!! Especailly when the instructor is telling my that we're "shrinking our waist lines", or "think how great it will be shopping for a smaller size!"

Well right now I know I am PMSing, I want chocolate in the most worst possbly way!!!! God Its killing me and honey wheat pretzels are'nt cutting it!

Dear Joly...

PMS is a bitch. I still chuckle about last week's esp of Modern Family with all of the girls and the mom with PMS as the same time.

And see, cause we are now all on this board, we are almost on the same cycle :) actually my happy PMS time was last week and I managed not to gain any weight (normally it's my excuse to eat a small jumbo size bag of Kettle chips with non fat frozen yogurt on the side with WINE to wask down the Midol)...tell yourself 35 days and go try on an outfit for your cruise. YOU CAN DO THIS!

I am down another pound today, did very well at Mexican dinner with the kids last night...

Now Off to GYM!!!

Hugs to y'all!

Donna