New Year and new weight loss goals: SPRING CRUISE

Realblonde474

Dear Joly...

PMS is a bitch. I still chuckle about last week's esp of Modern Family with all of the girls and the mom with PMS as the same time.

And see, cause we are now all on this board, we are almost on the same cycle :) actually my happy PMS time was last week and I managed not to gain any weight (normally it's my excuse to eat a small jumbo size bag of Kettle chips with non fat frozen yogurt on the side with WINE to wask down the Midol)...tell yourself 35 days and go try on an outfit for your cruise. YOU CAN DO THIS!

I am down another pound today, did very well at Mexican dinner with the kids last night...

Now Off to GYM!!!

Hugs to y'all!

Donna

OMG Love Modern Family, and that episode was great! Did buy some frozen yogurt on the way home from pickingu p my daughter from school, so that not as bad as I could have bought!! Yes I can do this, well I'll try like hell anyway! LOL! woohoo 35 more days for me, but you cruise is what 9 days to go?? WOOHOO!!!!

Broke past another "zero" on the scale this morning :D:D:D:D

Just wish I had found this "secret" method in January instead of now but I am losing now so that's all that matters.

Hope everyone is doing well, let's all keep up our great work!

Take care,

Donna

Edited by Realblonde474

Hey y'all!! I've been busy with school and then have come down with some kind of yucky cold...and I've been kinda loose with eating... I lost 1.4 this last week after not losing any the week before. Changed workouts to walk/running on the treadmill cause I realized I only have 2 months til my mini marathon in May!

MamaP - welcome back!

Sounds like the rest of you are making great progress...you're motivating me to get back to it and kick some serious booty!!

Dear Joly...

PMS is a bitch. I still chuckle about last week's esp of Modern Family with all of the girls and the mom with PMS as the same time.

And see, cause we are now all on this board, we are almost on the same cycle :) actually my happy PMS time was last week and I managed not to gain any weight (normally it's my excuse to eat a small jumbo size bag of Kettle chips with non fat frozen yogurt on the side with WINE to wask down the Midol)...tell yourself 35 days and go try on an outfit for your cruise. YOU CAN DO THIS!

I am down another pound today, did very well at Mexican dinner with the kids last night...

Now Off to GYM!!!

Hugs to y'all!

Donna

Oh, Kettle chips. My brother used to work for the Kettle brand chip company. Waaaay too many free chips in our house. It was good and bad at the same time! Lol.

I've got to start working out seriously again. Getting sick sucks! I'm better but my lungs and body are just tired. We're going out with friends for Mexican food tonight. Donna, any suggestions as to what to order? I'm skipping the margarita this time.

Felicia

This Monday when I took the kids, I ordered a chicken soft taco. No sour cream or cheese. For extra kick I ordered a small side of pico.

I would think another great choice would be the chicken soup.

good luck and remember even if you trip into a bowl of chips you can always kick it back on the treadmill the next day!

Ole'

Donna

:cool:

Hay ladies, Hope everyone is doing good! Can't belive another week has gone by so fast, which is good I cannot wait for that cruise.. Realblonde474, thats great on the weight loss, it is amazing that there are times we lose weight and have no clue what we did that helped , then the times you think you did great and nothing moves on that scale!

Must be mexican food week, we had that tuesday (although in our house we call it "taco Tuesday"), lol...I usually make myself a taco salad, minus the taco shell or sour cream...Its definatly easier at home than in a restaurant, thats for sure! Well its been quite the day(youngest was on the way to the bus stop and got sick, but she is much better now, after a long day of resting, lets hope no one else gets it) Talk to you ladies soon!

Happy Friday! This week went by crazy fast and didn't get to work out much. I am in my workout clothes so I can't get out of it today, lol!

Went to dinner last night with another family. Despite the level of noise, I did not order a margarita! Got the shrimp fajitas and left some on the plate for lunch today. This morning I ate eggs, veggies and fruit. I am determined to fit in my summer clothes for this cruise!

Donna, your cruise is so close...are you excited?

Jolyroger, I hope your daughter is feeling better!

-Felicia

Hello everyone. Have been so good, but cheating tonight. Going to the "card" party with all the yummy food I had talked about before and got out of last month. Going to try to enjoy the food in moderation. knowing I have a plan and will be working out, I don't think it should be a problem :)

Have a great weekend everyone!!! Remember no matter what keep moving!

Hi all, I have been really good this week going to the gym everyday eating healthy and then last night I went out with our friends for a fish fry.:( My body hated me all night. It is not used to eating that much grease even though we had light breaded fish and it let me know it won't stand for it. I'm in my gym clothes and will be off to the gym soon, I am just hoping my stomach forgives me soon. Only had 3 light beers, maybe I needed more. DH was up sick all night sharing my pain also I don't think we will be doing that again. :p Sounds like everyone has been busy this past week but doing a good job keeping on track. Donna has only a few days before her cruise so happy for her.:):) Joly and Fruth only have a little over a month, time flies so quickly. Keep up the good work everyone. Excitedly waiting to see what mamaparr has next on the cruise agenda, we all know its just a matter of time.

Hi Ladies! Hope all had a great weekend, they always seem to go by way to fast.. My youngest is all healthy again, feeling good, kinda scared to see who will be hit next with this stomach bug(only postive part is dropping some extra lbs's) Well trying once again to get some extra cardio in sometime today cause that cruise is only 30 days away...Thats crazy!! Realblonde474, this week huh is your cruise!!! Nice when you can say that, I know fruth and I can say next month!! Well hope all is well with everyone will talk soon!

Yup, we start our drive down to Lauderdale on Friday for cruisin' on Saturday.

You know how it seems like it will never get here and then the week of you would welcome one more day to get everything take care of!

Oh well! Had a great week last with food and fitness. Hit the gym for a double on Saturday and spent Sunday recovering and getting the house and myself ready for the big depature.

Everyone, take care of yourself! I am so excited! and many thanks for sharing this with me and everyone else on our board!

BTW, I am attaching a document that someone else shared on another board, and it's truly helped. I realized last night that I hadn't packed a swimsuit!

The limitations on uploads only allowed me to post a PDF.

Happy Monday!

Donna

2 weeks out.pdf

How exciting that is is finally here! My neighbor got home yesterday from her cruise, she enjoyed it. My Mom is on one as we speak. Have to say I am a little jealous since mine wasn't what I had anticipated. Hate to complain about a vacation especially a cruise. Wish I cold say planning one soon, but Hubby said wants to wait a few years before another. We are planning Florida in Dec. with the kiddies, an all inclusive resort next spring, and possibly a trip to Alaska the year after that. Lots of to do's on our traveling list some with, some without the kiddies :)

Great job to all staying on track, we have been here as well, myself better than the DH, but not seeing any movement in the scale.

Hi y'all. Things are crazy here but I am almost packed and the house is ready for the kids and sitter.

Managed to get to the gym yesterday night (skipped Monday and Sunday due to muscle and brain fatigue).

Looking forward to my weight class tonight!

Hope everyone is doing well, let's not let life get in the way of taking care of ourselves!

Hugs!

Donna

Hi y'all. Things are crazy here but I am almost packed and the house is ready for the kids and sitter.

Managed to get to the gym yesterday night (skipped Monday and Sunday due to muscle and brain fatigue).

Hope everyone is doing well, let's not let life get in the way of taking care of ourselves!

Hugs!

Donna

I'm so excited for you your leaving so soon Hows that packing coming along?!!! And can I say you just make me smile just reading "hi y'all" from you!! Love that about southerners, !!!! Here in the northeast I swear (not all) but people are just too crabby to even say "excuse me" !!! Not me though and not all !!! Well have a great workout and a great day and talk to everyone soon!!

Hugs!

Donna

Have fun and please come back and tell us all about it!

-Felicia

I was cruising the message boards over at myfitnesspal and came across skinnytaste website. They have a black bean brownie recipe that I'm definitely going to try tomorrow! The reviewers said you could not taste the beans. Since they are egg free they come out dense and chewy.

I will report back tomorrow!

I was cruising the message boards over at myfitnesspal and came across skinnytaste website. They have a black bean brownie recipe that I'm definitely going to try tomorrow! The reviewers said you could not taste the beans. Since they are egg free they come out dense and chewy.

I will report back tomorrow!

That sounds different, I'd try it but the hubby , He 'd be like " OOh these taste funny , " I'd have to make them secretly and just leave them around to see if he or the girls would taste a big diffence...

Certain things just need the real recipe, Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies, perfect example....I don't make them offten but when I do, I follow those diffections to a t!! No Applesause or egg sub or egg whites, I mean how often do you eat them!! And they never last long in our house!!! Kinda one of those things people ask me to make around the holidays>>....AND THEY ARE SO EASY!!! Hay they think I have some secret recipe!

Edited by jolyroger

Hi Y'all!

Ok, so I am almost ready, my to do list:

Packed (seven pairs of shoes too much ?)

House cleaned (thank God I work from home some days)

Yard cut (nice weather yesterday afternoon)

Groceries purchased (one more run for the house/kids today)

Details for Sitter confirmed

Directions printed

Tickets, passports, etc. ready

Maintenance done (hair, nails, and Brazilian :cool:)

Of course, I have only been to the gym once this week and I have had wine twice this week in the evenings.

Do you ever feel like you need a vacation prior to your vacation :confused:

We leave tomorrow morning at 7 AM to start our drive.

Hugs to all,

Donna

Yeah, I'm getting a little worked up thinking about all the things I need to do for the house and grandma to watch the girls. I'm definitely going to relax when I get on the ship!

The brownies turned out wonderfully! They're not cake-like, more dense. But you can't taste the beans at all! My mother-in-law, hubby and youngest each had one and liked them. I didn't tell my husband before he ate one. This is a great recipe to use with my friend whose son is allergic to eggs.

Bye y'all! I will "try" to eat carefully and only drink wine and vodka...no frozen drinks.

And I did bring my sneakers for the gym

Hugs!

Donna

Is'nt it nice to see your countdown down to the hrs now?? Have a safe and Happy trip!!

Decided to check in since I haven't been on here in a while. Trying to tie up last minute school assignments before we leave on Saturday. I am done with that so can concentrate on getting us packed up. My goal was 15-20 pounds and I am at 25 now so am done but will probably have to lose some weight after cruise depending on how bad I do.

My family has been doing great, I have lost 25, my son 45 and my other half has lost 35. Total of 105 pounds that is a another person LOL.

Headed to New Orleans Saturday morning bright and early. There are 59 people going on this cruise with 7 seniors and some juniors. It will either be a blast or disastrous, hopefully a blast.