Live From The Splendida

Marley-Bop

Hi Corea

Just to let you know that some people managed to get tap water served at thier tables in the dining room. I think it depends on your waiters as some will insist that it is bottled water only in there but if you are lucky and get lovely waiters like we did, anything is possible :)

Enjoy your cruise, Angie XX

I see. Thank you very much!! I am more excited now!!

Looking forward to hear how you get on jjd, I am hoping dinner is 7 pm also. Have a great time.

Dinner on my MSC Magnifica cruise last week were typically 6 pm for early seating and 8:30 for late seating. These times were much later (7 pm and 7:30 for first and 9:30 and 9:45 for second) for the two nights we were in Haifa. I'm guessing because there were so many shore excursions that got back to the ship late those 2 nights. I switched to 2nd seating after the first night. Since my sailing wasn't full, it didn't see to be a problem to make that change.

Hi Wotan758

There were excursions available but to be honest, we just walked into the new village shopping centre at the docks. It wasnt anything special but Tunisia didnt appeal to us at all due to other family members being harrassed on a previous visit.

There is a bit of dancing and a bit of a show in the square and it was nice to get off the ship for a while for a wander but we didnt buy anything and just got back on the ship and relaxed.

Angie

Hi Marley-bop,

Can you tell me if the afternoon tea from 4pm is included in the cruise price? Does it include tea and coffee and what food is served?

Many thanks,

Shilu

Yes it is included in the price. It includes some small sandwiches/rolls, biscuits and some cakes and pastries. They have a selection of teas and coffee.

I am also confused by reading the thread. Do you choose between buffet and dinner?

Not sure if Corea's question was completely answered.

You do not have to pick between buffet and Main Dining Room [MDR] dinner. Your MDR seating/table will always be there for you if you want to go to the MDR. It's your choice if, on a particular evening, you want to go to the buffet instead.

Of course you could also go eat in the MDR, and then (if there is still time available), you could also go get something to eat at the buffet as well - and follow that by room service later. Really it is your choice.

I am surprised!!!!!!!! Thank you :) I have no idea about the cruise because all my TA only told me that there would be three meals every day.

I just told my mother about the MDR and buffet. (Currently I study in Barcelona for exchange and recently my mom came here for vacation. I am taking my mother on the cruise.) She said from now on she will not feed me until the cruise.

Not sure if Corea's question was completely answered.

You do not have to pick between buffet and Main Dining Room [MDR] dinner. Your MDR seating/table will always be there for you if you want to go to the MDR. It's your choice if, on a particular evening, you want to go to the buffet instead.

Of course you could also go eat in the MDR, and then (if there is still time available), you could also go get something to eat at the buffet as well - and follow that by room service later. Really it is your choice.

I just told my mother about the MDR and buffet. (Currently I study in Barcelona for exchange and recently my mom came here for vacation. I am taking my mother on the cruise.) She said from now on she will not feed me until the cruise.

Two of my favourite places, Barcelona & a cruise ship. Enjoy your time in both. :)

Thanks for your posts here....soon it´s my turn. Leaving BCN on Feb 19 and even if I am travelling alone, MSC has upgraded me to a cabin with balcony. How often is that happening to a solo-traveller in a hotel, that you will get a better room than you have booked?

Only ever happened to me once and that was at the Prais Ipanema to the best suite in the hotel because my room wasn't ready when I arrived!

Don't expect it will happen again any time soon. It's usually the opposite, they think because you're a solo they can put you in a room the size of a broom cupboard!

Congratulations on the upgrade. Hope you have an amazing time.

Your cruise called La Goulette?

How was it? Which tours where available?

We will be with MSC Fantasia next May, and we would like to see Carthago and the Medina. Could we?

Thanks for your thoughts.

hi Wotan758,

I suggest you find a few others on the roll call for your cruise and tht you DIY when it comes to excursions unless you don't mind paying double and use the cruise excursions. Tunis was a disappointing stop but it is worth a 2-3 hour trip in a taxi sharing costs with others. Just fix the price with the taxi before you get in the taxi. Check a few and if the price is right, go with the driver you feel comfortable with. I wouldn't bother with going into the town to see a souk, you can see the same goods alongside the harbour and also at Sid B.... Overall tho, you won't have missed out if you just stretch your legs in the port, take a few photos of the camels and get back on board. remember this is only my opinion, you must do what is right for you, others may have loved Tunis, we weren't impressed. Regards

I visited Tunis with Ocean Village 2 years ago and it was one of the highlights of my Med' cruise. Had the option to do a cycle tour to Carthage and Sid' B' stopping off at the American cemetery on the way back to the ship.

My partner then was a blonde and she did draw a little attention because of this but not in any bad way. Everyone in the shopsstreets were friendly and polite.

It is the nature of the people to be a bit more persistant in selling their goods and if visiting such a country you have to accept that and make the most of your experience there!

:)

Hi, am looking forward to heading off on Splendida late April from Barcelona.

Can someone clarrify the free tea and coffee situation please?

I'm presuming the buffet(s) open 24 hours to help yourself to tea and coffees but food only available at specific times, is this correct?

The 'cheers' drinks package, can this be purchased per person on the days you want or do you have to go for the whole week or not at all?

:rolleyes:

Hi, am looking forward to heading off on Splendida late April from Barcelona.

Can someone clarrify the free tea and coffee situation please?

I'm presuming the buffet(s) open 24 hours to help yourself to tea and coffees but food only available at specific times, is this correct?

The 'cheers' drinks package, can this be purchased per person on the days you want or do you have to go for the whole week or not at all?

:rolleyes:

Hi Apeeler

The tea, coffee and water is free 24 hours a day inside the Bora Bora buffet area. The food is only available at set times.

The Cheers package has to be purchased over 21 days before boarding, Its has to be booked by everyone on the booking (or linked bookings) and must be done for the duration of the cruise.

Hope this helps - Angie

I visited Tunis with Ocean Village 2 years ago and it was one of the highlights of my Med' cruise. Had the option to do a cycle tour to Carthage and Sid' B' stopping off at the American cemetery on the way back to the ship.

My partner then was a blonde and she did draw a little attention because of this but not in any bad way. Everyone in the shopsstreets were friendly and polite.

It is the nature of the people to be a bit more persistant in selling their goods and if visiting such a country you have to accept that and make the most of your experience there!

:)

we also stopped off at the American Cemetary - worthwhile visit.

Archived