Sea excursions...help!

crdtrnr

Could someone give me some advice on the excursions on the Sea to Roatan and Belize...

I've heard that Salt n Pepper Beace in Roatan is nice...how much and what's included..

How about the cave tubing in Belize..ship or private tour company? What else is there to do in Belize?

Any help is much appreciated...will be sailing on the 29th of May.

icon_cool.gifCan't Wait!!

Lisa

Celebration 4/97

Ecstasy 9/97

Celebration 2/98

Fantasy 8/98

Celebration 1/99

Celebration 9/99

Celebration 7/00

Paradise 8/01

NCL Wind 11/01

Celebration 1/02

NCL Norway 09/02

Conquest 10/03

In Belize we used X-treme cave tubing instead of NCL. X-treme limits the groups to 12 - 14 people, the NCL group had 130 or 160 people. X-treme is cheaper than NCL and offers additional caves. NCL did assist us in getting off the ship on one of the first tenders, even though we didn't use them for the excursion. Just stop by the excursion desk the night before you arrive in Belize.

In Roatan we got off the ship and hired a driver and guid for the day, for $15 per person. We had them take us to the Jungle Canopy Swing, and to the beach for snorkeling. The jungle canopy swing (zip line) was the highlight of our cruise, at only $35 each. They put harnesses on us, and gave us huge gloves to wear. For most of the lines, from platform to platform, you are in a seated position and attached to a cable flying over the trees. They had one section where they would bounce the line for you and another where you could go upside down. My daughter’s girlfriend (14) really didn’t want to do this excursion, but the guide offered to go with her and she eventually agreed. The van met us at the end of the excursion and drove us to a local resort where we could use their beach, and we snorkeled over to the Tabayana beach area and the snorkeling was excellent. On the way back we had the driver drop some of us off for shopping with the guide and take the rest of the group back to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

Margaret

Until we cruise again........NCL SEA 4/17/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;4;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

We may be doing her this Novemeber and have done the itienerary a couple of previous times. Personally I am not a lover of Belize, but have heard Reggie's tubing trip is awesome. Try looking under Ports a call for more information. We have done the private thing, hiring a driver in Roatan and have done Tabyana Beach with NCL. The next time we will try Salt and Peppers. Last I heard it was about $45.00 I think including a Lobster lunch. That's a darn good price we think. They didn't used to have a website, but I think I read somewhere they now do. Hope this helps just a little. NMNita

Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004

I'm confused. I am sailing on the Sea 9/25 and my ports of call are Cozumel, Roatan and Grand Cayman, three days at sea. It is my understanding that Belize and Cancun have been scratched at least for the fall season.

You might want to double check the NCL website for the most current itinerary. We were on the Sea in January, with stops in Cancun, Cozumel, Roatan, and Belize. A friend we were with is going again in June with his family, and was planning on the new itinerary with Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Cozumel.

His trip, in June, was changed back to include Cancun and Belize. NCL's position is that they reserve the right to change the itinerary. They did agree to give him a free upgrade, but my understanding is that the Sea is back to the 4 stop itinerary.

NCL Sun 06/04

NCL Sea 01/04

In Roatan,,if you want to snorkel or scuba, I'd take a look at Bay Islands Beach Resort. We had a great time there in March. icon_biggrin.gif

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.bibr.com/cruiseship.htm

If you call them,,,you'll talk to Cam,,,she's a riot! Tell her I said hi!! icon_wink.gif

s_016.gif

smiley_kousto.gifsmiley_kousto.gifsmiley_kousto.gif

Life is short,,cruises even shorter!!

CCL Fantasy 05/92

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 06/01

NCL Sea 03/27/04

?????????????????????????????

"I'm growing older but not up,

my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck"

jimmybuffet.jpg

"I'd rather die while I'm living,

Than live while I'm dead!"

The Sea's itinerary was supposed to have changed already. They did not change it due to a $25.00 (and change) increase in port taxes if they go to Grand Cayman instead of Belize City and Cancun.

In Belize, I URGE you to not judge the country by the very dirty and impoverished town of Belize City. For example, this past week we did the Shark Ray Alley snorkeling and spent the most wonderful 2.5 hours on shore Afterward on one of the islands off of Belize that was as beautiful as any you could find. The snorkeling was simply put..AMAZING!

In Roatan, the snorkeling is considered some of the very bet in the world! If you want to do the ship's tour, sign up for Tabayana beach. If not the other suggestion already made is also a super day.

NORWEGIAN SEA....MAY 1, 2004 A RETURN VISIT

I called Latitudes today. Indeed the itinerary has changed for September sailings.

Now: Jim Muntkittrick: Did you book the Shark Ray Alley through the ship? I have heard great things about Island Breeze tours also.

Please respond.

We just returned from the May 1 sailing on the Sea. We did Tabayana Beach in Roatan. You have to book this off the ship. Taxi's can not get you in. It is a great beach. There is a great reef about 200 yards off the beach. When we were there the waves were too high, so they would not let you go out that far.

There is also a Canopy Tour you can sign up for at the gift shop at Tabayana. It's $35 pp. It was a lot of fun. Takes about an hour and a half.

Our only complaint with the day was the lunch. We both got hamburgers they were so dry and hard we tossed them and went back for chicken and hot dogs.

I agree with Jim on Belieze. It is a beautiful country and the people are very friendly. We did cave tubing with Reggie and had a great time.

Hope you have fun what ever you do.

If you are interested in snorkeling you might check out coralbreezelimited.com for a trip in Belize. We did this tour in January. They will pick you up at the pier in the city take you out to snorkel at Shark Ray Alley. After snorkeling you will return to a small island, Caye Caulker I believe, for lunch and time to shop from the locals or just hang out. After you leave Caye Caulker they tender you straight back to the ship. We had a blast when we went. If you consider this, ask for Monique. She is great. They will answer any questions you may have promptly via email.

In Roatan we rented a cab for the day and went to West Side, which is right next to Tabyana Beach. Even though it was raining that day we had a blast.

We are going back on this same cruise on July 3.

Good luck with planning and let me know if I can help.

crdtrnr,

I was also on the May 1st cruise. Wanted to

let you know of some wrong information that

is out there. We hired a guide, Diane from the

English Taxi service right off the pier.

Ncl says that Tabayana Beach is private,

it's not. Our guide told us that it is a

public beach, and that all their beach's

were public. For 20.00 each we got a tour of

the island, she took us to a great restaurant

3 lobster tails, for $16.00. Then to Tabayana

Beach, stayed with us the whole day.

She was born and raised in Roatan, so she

knew everything.Would highly reccommend her.

Sammy

Archived