hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

d1cso4

Hello All,

we are going to be on the Oasis on the 24th of november and we usually like to arrive the night before. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Thanks !

Hello All,

we are going to be on the Oasis on the 24th of november and we usually like to arrive the night before. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Thanks !

We booked a room at http://www.fortlauderdalemarinahotel.com/ it looks beautiful & supposed to be right there at the port or very close by. Check it out it looks really nice & reasonable too... Let me know what you think if you go.

In fact we are staying there again the end of the month. It is a Hilton property & one of the main things I love about them is that they let you check in as soon as you get there if there is a room available.....there has always been one for us. Some hotels are snobby & say to come back at checkin time, usually 3pm even if they have rooms available.

We always take a red eye flight out of San Francisco so we get to the hotel at about 8:30am. It is a pleasure to be able to go to your room & rest up awhile.

The beach is in walking distance. The bedding is fantastic PLUS they give you a hot chocolate chip cookie when you check in !

I think there are 2 DoubleTrees in Fort Lauderdale. We stay at the Gallery One.

If you are looking for something to do in the evening, consider the Jungle Queen dinner cruise.

It is a hoot. An hour ride through the waterways on a paddleboat where they point out the mansions & tell you who lives where & what scandals are going on.

Then you stop for an all you can eat barbeque buffet on a little island. Chicken, ribs, shrimp & all the fixings. Then an outdoor comedy show. By the time you leave, it is dark so all the mansions have their lights on & you can kinda see inside them.

you can google for their website.

Some of CC members favorites:

• Sleep Inn Dania
  • Cambria Suites Dania
    Hyatt Place FLL north and south
  • Hampton Inn (2 airport area locations)
  • Embassy Suites - our favorite - big rooms, great breakfast, shopping and dining options, and free happy hour! :D
  • Holiday Inn Express convention center
  • La Quinta Airport
  • Hilton 17th Street
  • Bahia Mar
  • Hyatt Pier 66

Good luck! :)

My vote is the Embassy Suites. Free happy hour at night.

Great breakfast in the morning. And a grocery store, alcohol

stores and other restaurants across the street. It's a $15 cab

ride from the airport to the hotel and a short $15 cab ride to the

port. (or you can take the ships shuttle)

John's list is good. You will need to decide on what area you would like to stay. Airport, beach, 17th St etc. Prices will range a lot. And since you are looking at T Day weekend, expect to pay more than the week or two before.

There are a handful that have shuttles...most for a fee. San these threads and you'll find them.

It is very close to the port and your cab fare won't be more than 15$ or so from a lot of the hotels. AND they are very quick and efficient. No waiting for the shuttle schedule, signing up, many stops at different ships etc. Most frequent cruisers will use the taxi to leave when they want and go straight to their own ship. I wouldn't lock yourself into only hotels with that service.

Hello All,

Thanks !

I see that you are in Brandon. If you are driving to Ft. Lauderdale and want to park at the hotel for the duration of the cruise, make sure you book a hotel that offers the ParK N Cruise deal.

I just went thru the process of finding this kind of hotel. Also be sure you know how long they let you park free. I've seen 5 days, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days. I needed a hotel to park at least 12 days and that narrowed my choices of hotels. I don't know if I made a good choice, but I booked at Comfort Suites because it is only 2 miles from the Airport and we prefer taxi vs. shuttle that makes many stops. Fairfield Suites was also an option for us. You have more hotel choices if your cruise is only 7 days.

I used stay123.com to book. There is another Park N Cruise website called parksleepfly.com. They offered different hotels, so I researched them both.

I hope this helps.....if you are driving.

There are a handful that have shuttles...most for a fee. San these threads and you'll find them.

It is very close to the port and your cab fare won't be more than 15$ or so from a lot of the hotels. AND they are very quick and efficient. No waiting for the shuttle schedule, signing up, many stops at different ships etc. Most frequent cruisers will use the taxi to leave when they want and go straight to their own ship. I wouldn't lock yourself into only hotels with that service.

Thanks. Will do.

Archived