Watching Prices

npro1464

Ive been following the prices on the Explorer for the Nov 4, 2012 11 night carribean cruise leaving from Bayonne. It was $1299 for a balcony, but has recently spiked to $1499 for a balcony. Is there any chance this price will dip again? When would be the best time to book this cruise? I really wanted to book, wish I pulled the trigger when I had the chance :mad:

keep watching..my EX cruise this past November kept going up..then on 2 consecutive saturdays, just a COUPLE weeks before final payment was due, there were price drops on several categories...i wound up getting a bigger balcony cabin....AND about $800 total back in OBC as I'd already paid...

wound up bringing someone with me..using part of the money to cover the extra taxes/fees/gratuities..and STILL had a ton of OBC...wound up owing a whopping $2.26 !

so there's no real rhyme nor reason..just check often....these drops can go bye bye in hours...

Ive been following the prices on the Explorer for the Nov 4, 2012 11 night carribean cruise leaving from Bayonne. It was $1299 for a balcony, but has recently spiked to $1499 for a balcony. Is there any chance this price will dip again? When would be the best time to book this cruise? I really wanted to book, wish I pulled the trigger when I had the chance :mad:

Hi this has now become a members cruise and i know a lot of the balcony and suites have already been booked we booked this cruise last April not sure if there will be anymore price drops seems to be a very popular cruise

Nick:)

After a wonderful cruise on Oasis in April of 2010, we decided to book Allure for the same springbreak cruise this April, so basically, booked 2 years out. It seemed a little crazy at the time but we knew the cabin, deck, etc. we wanted so figured we would do it and watch the prices on that cruise price watching site which I dont think I'm allowed to mention here. The price has gone nothing but up and how, amazingly, the price per person is more than double what we paid. So, my advice would be to book and keep track, I know people have gotten drops but I think this depends on the ship and the dates. Good luck, NYD

Early Nov is low season so if you have already missed the good price, might as well wait a little longer. These long cruises in low season are slow sellers and many end up offering incredible last minute prices.

JMHO.

Theres a chance it could drop, or could keep climbing. We booked our upcoming cruise for $1249 P/P in a balcony in June, it spiked to around $1500 around Christmas, and we got a price drop down to $1099 the first week of January. It has settled at about $1129 for a couple of weeks now.

Keep looking, theres still a chance!

Only Crown and Anchor members can book it, no first timers.

UMmmmm, No, I pretty sure it's just a cruise where Crown & Anchor members get a little special recognition...gifts..maybe an extra cocktail party or things like that...it's not a charter so anyone can book...

If I find a cruise that I want, I book and put down the minimum payment. Then, I watch for price drops. That way, I have my cabin chosen. If final payment approaches and the price is still too high, I can always cancel with no penalty, or change to a different cruise and watch that one. I don't wait for a "great price" beforehand as I may lose the cabin that I want. If the price drops, bingo,i've got my preferred cabin!

If I find a cruise that I want, I book and put down the minimum payment. Then, I watch for price drops. That way, I have my cabin chosen. If final payment approaches and the price is still too high, I can always cancel with no penalty, or change to a different cruise and watch that one. I don't wait for a "great price" beforehand as I may lose the cabin that I want. If the price drops, bingo,i've got my preferred cabin!

I ditto this! We like aft balcony cabins and I go ahead and book once I decide on a cruise and date and get the cabin I want. Then I watch for price drops. Last year had 2 price drops and this year had 2 already too. Prices have gone up and down since I booked. I know because I check daily, usually several times. And we normally cruise during peak summer season.

Also, for an 11 nt that price sounds really good. My advice is book.

BINGO! Right on the money! Our last two cruises had no price drops ... it only went up.

Book early ...

Great Cabin!

Great Price! ($1199 for a JS - I expect this to skyrocket.)

We booked onboard Enchantment over a year out in July 2011 for this Nov 4 Explorer cruise and the prices haven't dropped at all during that time that I ever saw. It is a members cruise which we found out well after we booked.

And yes, anyone can book it but C&A members get extra perks. It will be our first cruise as Diamond and we're in a GS but we'll have competition for seats/space in both the CL lounge and the nightly Diamond event unfortunately. It will also be our first members cruise which isn't something we would have specifically booked, but we booked this date for other reasons, such as length and timing.

Could anyone fill me in on what a 'members cruise' is? Thanks

Hi this is the email I got when I asked what to expect on a members cruise and no you dont have to be a member to book this cruise you just wont get these little extra benifits.

Also most of the good cabins have already gone we booked last April and got corner aft 7688

Nick:)

RE: Member cruises

Dear Nick,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. Your sailing on the Explorer of the Seas on November 4, 2012 will be a member cruise. Our member cruises, hosted by the Crown & Anchor Society staff from the Miami, Florida headquarters give you the opportunity to socialize with other members, participate in exclusive member gatherings (in addition to the benefits you are accustomed to as a Crown & Anchor Society member) and events such as:

Wine Tasting Seminar

Welcome Back Party

Gourmet Cooking Demonstration (with each ship's very own executive chef)

Diamond Member complimentary shore excursion

Members also receive:

Turndown gifts delivered to staterooms throughout the cruise

Exclusive Crown & Anchor Hospitality Desk to answer any questions regarding their membership

Fabulous raffle prizes to be won at exclusive member events

These are just a few of the many ways that we enhance our Crown & Anchor Society member's vacation experience.

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us again.

Nick, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Lindsey Schwarz

Crown & Anchor Society

Archived