Does the upsell fairy ever visit?

aeronan

Hi there

Visiting French Polynesia has been my dream vacation! But soooo expensive :(

I'm just wondering if past travellers have ever gotten a call from the upsale fairy?

It seems that the lowest categories book out first. So does the ship sale with empty balcony rooms or do they try to move people up? That's what seems to happen with major cruiselines. Or are these cruises always sold out?

Would appreciate your insight.

Thank you!!!!

In 6 cruises I have never been upgraded.

regent used to offer cheaper paid upgrades in the weeks just before departure.

I am quite satisfied with my deck 4 cabins. Maybe if I was upgraded a suite would be nice.

We received an upsell offer a few months before our PG cruise. We were on a B2B and the upsell was only for a single segment, so we declined. Then we were very lucky once on-board to be bumped up anyway, because there was an unexpected cancellation.

We got upgraded once in six sailings (they like me better than Emdee (Hi Miriam!)).

I am happier on Deck 4 anyway...see my posting in response to a thread about cabin 421.

After you have sailed on the PGC (IN ANY STATEROOM), you will think it is the best bargain on the high seas! I am sorry to have to wait until 2013 for our seventh!

We were upgraded (free) twice in four cruises on th PG. We never approached for an "upsell". Oddly enough on our last cruise I paid for all of our family. My daughters and their hubbies got upgraded but my wife and I did not. We always go for the 2 porthole cabins and try to get the cabin next to the infirmery as it's super quiet, amidships, and has the least amount of movement in rough seas although that has never been a problem.:)

Archived