What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

Just got off the Fascinstion today. You were all right, solo is definitely the way to go. I did what I wanted, when I wanted. I met so many more people, spent so much more time partying and having a good time, with no worries about judgement (since I really NEVER, NEVER drink) or waking someone up. It was AMAZING and I think I would have to think long & hard about going back to sharing, even if that does keep me, due to budget constraints, on Bahamas cruises on small ships.

Welcome back!! Wahoo, glad your first solo experience was as well as we all knew it would be!!

When's your next solo cruise?? :):)

I know what you mean about thinking long and hard about the next cruise not being a solo. I'm cruising in 4 days and this next trip won't be solo, know there will be many times I'll miss that. But there's always the next cruise after that. :)

Just got off the Fascinstion today. You were all right, solo is definitely the way to go. I did what I wanted, when I wanted. I met so many more people, spent so much more time partying and having a good time, with no worries about judgement (since I really NEVER, NEVER drink) or waking someone up. It was AMAZING and I think I would have to think long & hard about going back to sharing, even if that does keep me, due to budget constraints, on Bahamas cruises on small ships.

Welcome back!! Wahoo, glad your first solo experience was as well as we all knew it would be!!

When's your next solo cruise?? :):)

I know what you mean about thinking long and hard about the next cruise not being a solo. I'm cruising in 4 days and this next trip won't be solo, know there will be many times I'll miss that. But there's always the next cruise after that. :)

I wish I knew! It was 2 years between cruise 1 & 2, don't wanna wait that long again. Will have to see what the tax man brings as a late Christmas present. There's a 5 day to Cozumel & Grand Cayman out of Tampa next November that looks promising. On the Paradise I think. My good friends are doing Cozumel, Mahogany Bay, Belize & Costa May in September. I'd love to go but it would be more than twice what I spent this time, and there's just no way.

Hello all.....53 male here. I just completed my first solo cruise over Thanksgiving and had a great time.

I have a xmas cruise coming that my Ex is joining me for....but am about to book a 10 night transatlantic solo (cannot beat the price).

As a major introvert I had a lot of anxiety that first time...but all worth it and looking forward to more...

Hello all.....53 male here. I just completed my first solo cruise over Thanksgiving and had a great time.

I have a xmas cruise coming that my Ex is joining me for....but am about to book a 10 night transatlantic solo (cannot beat the price).

As a major introvert I had a lot of anxiety that first time...but all worth it and looking forward to more...

I understand your feelings of anxiety Jeff, because that's why I kept putting off booking a cruise. Evenutally I made myself book, and have never looked back. In fact, I'm going out this evening to meet a female friend that I met on QM2 last year!

I understand your feelings of anxiety Jeff, because that's why I kept putting off booking a cruise. Evenutally I made myself book, and have never looked back. In fact, I'm going out this evening to meet a female friend that I met on QM2 last year!

And I had such a good time I just booked a 10 night transatlantic on royal to do it again....super great price with only 35% single supplement...:D

Welcome back Jeff! Am so glad your first solo cruise exceeded your expectations and you've planned your 2nd. Welcome to your new addiction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I'm a 28 year old single female. Going on my very first cruise in April to the middle east. I've wanted to take a cruise since I first watched An Affair to Remember when I was a kid. But my family is terrified of water and my friends are broke 20 something year olds...well so am I, but I saved up for this trip.:p

Excited/nervous. I'm usually comfortable on my own and don't mind eating alone, but it's a 15 day cruise so I hope I make a few friends so I don't go stir crazy. I've traveled by myself and it's always been a positive experience so hopefully cruising will work out as well.

I'm a 28 year old single female. Going on my very first cruise in April to the middle east. I've wanted to take a cruise since I first watched An Affair to Remember when I was a kid. But my family is terrified of water and my friends are broke 20 something year olds...well so am I, but I saved up for this trip.:p

Excited/nervous. I'm usually comfortable on my own and don't mind eating alone, but it's a 15 day cruise so I hope I make a few friends so I don't go stir crazy. I've traveled by myself and it's always been a positive experience so hopefully cruising will work out as well.

Nerves and excitement are normal. Congratulations on saving for and reaching a goal. You will have a great time and you will meet some great people. I would predict you start saving for your second as soon as you finish the first :)

Hello all - I recently booked by first cruise as a solo - HAL transatlantic for departs March 31. I am a 53 y.o. female. I lost my husband to cancer last

April. We loved to cruise together but I'm going to try it alone now - it will be very different, but I'm looking forward to meeting people who share my love for travel. Thanks to everyone who has written about their experiences. it has given me the courage to give it a try. :)

Hello all - I recently booked by first cruise as a solo - HAL transatlantic for departs March 31. I am a 53 y.o. female. I lost my husband to cancer last

April. We loved to cruise together but I'm going to try it alone now - it will be very different, but I'm looking forward to meeting people who share my love for travel. Thanks to everyone who has written about their experiences. it has given me the courage to give it a try. :)

Sorry for your loss. May your upcoming cruise give you new memories to cherish.

Very sorry for your loss, I did a westbound TA on HAL last year and it was a good cruise. If I were you I would join the roll as I did and got to meet quite a few people that you knew during the trip. I was also traveling as a solo. I hope you enjoy your trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a retired teacher, 61. I've traveled independently all over the world since 1975. I took up cruising with an SO about seven years ago, but he died earlier this year. My first solo cruise will be to the Caribbean on Jan. 20. I like to travel alone, but I'm sure I will have mixed emotions on this trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been solo cruising for the past 7 years and have had wonderful experiences. I am a 53 year old guy with one daughter who is married. I enjoy meeting folks and sharing in onboard activities. I love the choices that cruising offers and have 2 solo cruises booked for 2013 and one already for 2014.

If anyone is crusing on the cruises I am on, please say hello and let's talk and get to know each other. My cruises are listed in my profile and I am 91 days out from the Freedom in April 2013.